Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by tys0n »

Like I said, fuck Queensland.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

A few polsters will be looking for new careers.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

This is how I feel from the start of the day till now

Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Lol. I have lots of friends that share your sentiment. My brother is off at an election party tonight where he dreamed of a labor landslide with a green balance of power in the senate. The next family dinner should be unbearable.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

All in all nothing much will change for me but would have liked Labor to win.

Congratulations Sco Mo, that's politics.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The fact that nothing much will change is part of the problem.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I know but whinging about shit online never gets anything done.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

That kiddie fidler gives me the creeps.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

You can't tax, tax, tax your way into wealth and economic prosperity. You don't win an election with spiteful, smarmy class warfare sentiments. You can't punish average Australians who just want to get ahead and don't want to depend on the public purse and come up trumps. You can't answer honest questions about policy costs with self aggrandizing blanket statements like "Well, what's the cost of not acting...?"

Labor lost because it showed the majority of Australians don’t want to be told what to do by a hard left dictator. Bowen was a huge liability. He was completely out of his depth as a treasurer and he's shown that in his past endeavours. We're still waiting for that "surplus", pal. Contrast to Frydenberg who is all class and provides balance and incentives for people to work and get ahead.

Labor/Greens don't get it and they probably never will. Those of us that work hard, have aspirations and hope to better ourselves and the future for our families aren't selfish or greedy. They hate us and we know it......

The "racist, greedy, backwater bogans" of this country have spoken. Pffft. More like the "silent majority" have spoken over the top of loud, hateful GetUp screams of outrage.

Suck it up.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I agree with you totally Calfium. Well put.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't care about tax really. I care much more that the Coalition don't give a flying fuck about the climate. That more people aren't outraged by this, and in fact prefer to have a few more dollars in their pocket is a poor indictment on society.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

So what would labor have done besides making motherhood statements?

If Australia really wants to make a difference we should stop exporting our coal. It will cost us big time and if we go that path all should be prepared to pay for it. Not just some of us.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 pm So what would labor have done besides making motherhood statements?
Not sure what you mean by motherhood statements? Do I need to direct you to their policies?

Yes, we should stop using and exporting coal. We need to find another way. It will have a cost, but will likely be cheaper than the cost if we continue down that path.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Anyway, I'm kinda done with debating politics for now. It's incredibly depressing regardless of what side of the fence you fall on.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Yes it's over now and I do hope that we see a bipartisan approach to the climate change issue in the next term. I have never met another Australian that doesn't think climate change is a problem that needs addressing.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Off to focus on the creation of lamb shanks in red wine sauce.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Agreed.

I'm done. Funnily enough.

I will note however that Australia is on track to meet its Paris Agreemnets on climate change.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-08/ ... s/10789810

Coal is our no. 1 export. We earn billions from it. And I daresay that Labor would have been loathe to reduce that in all seriousness as it's such a boost to the public purse. We have to accept that mining in this country is our backbone. It's easy enough to say things like "that needs to change" and much more difficult to put a plan into action. Especially if mining puts a roof over your head and food on the table.

And if coal hungry nations want coal (and they do) then if they can't get it from Australia they'll get it from somewhere else.

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Well fuck me I didn't see that one coming. As said in here my biggest concern is the continued neglect of our environment and that we still have a deeply religious leader. Man what Id give for an agnostic or atheist leader
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I call top bunk Cal
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Habahhaa
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

tys0n wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:18 pm Image

I call top bunk Cal

You'll have to share the room with my fiance and I then.

She's...not really into that kind of thing.

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Oh so she's one of those South American "women" wink wink, I gotcha
Canned audience laughter