Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by Calfium Jay »

Why are you winking?

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

"We make up around 1.3% of all global emissions. We could shut down ALL industry in Australia - TWICE - and it would not make one iota of difference to average global temperatures". - Alan Finkel, Chief Scientist Australia

So much for your "Election of climate change, Bill". The public have spoken.

Oh, the ASX is up a massive 110 points today.

Thanks Scomo!!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's not about the impact our country can make as in individual, more about being part of a responsible global community. We could be leaders in this area, embrace the technological advances and safeguard our economy for future generations.

Or we can keep digging up rocks and burning them until it runs out.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Had a few days to mull over the results and the main reason to me why the ALP lost was anyone over 50 who was thinking about their retirement and their parents nest egg would have been worried about Labor's new taxes. Bowen stupidly even goaded them into not voting for Labor by saying 'If you don't like our policies don't vote for us' and well, they didn't.

It's human nature to vote with your hip pocket, especially coming up to your 'golden years'.

Climate/energy policy I don't think had any major impact on this election, it was Labor pissing off older voters.

As to the polls and how wrong they were well, lol. That is a massive can of worms as you can't point to them anymore as to how a party is or is not going.

Still feel there is much needed reform on how trusts are taxed and how property is treated more of an investment then a primary place of residence.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Considering how passionately you were championing LNP this election hats off to ya for such a level headed comment mate. I have some very left centric friends on social media and fuck me are they carrying on.

Something that gave me some hope today was a local MP up my way Warren entsch was a big influence getting change for gay marriage in the Senate. This will be his last term before retirement and he's saying he wants his last legacy to be a battle against plastic. While it's fucked we are going to continue burning the shit out of coal and denying climate change for a few more years, at least there's someone down there with some pull, championing the need to reduce plastic
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 am Considering how passionately you were championing LNP
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well I couldn't make my compliment to soppy now could I . Had to Chuck in a smartarse comment somewhere
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking ... 51q00.html
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has highlighted the "social responsibility" of banks to lend money as he backed a plan by the financial regulator that will lift the maximum amount of money a home buyer can borrow.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your gunna reap what you sow you fucking CLOWNS
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:02 pm https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking ... 51q00.html
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has highlighted the "social responsibility" of banks to lend money as he backed a plan by the financial regulator that will lift the maximum amount of money a home buyer can borrow.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your gunna reap what you sow you fucking CLOWNS
Home lending has been extremely restrictive in recent times. A friend who has just gone through the process has told of the minutia they check on including subscriptions to streaming services (so they'd do well to take a leaf from your book I gather and mine truth be told).

They have raised interest rates and tightened up on investment lending too. In terms of giving home buyers a good run at the market I think interest only loans are where they need to focus(ie restrict them) although with Sydney and Melbourne markets you'd be crazy to bank on capital gains.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Cost of living is the absolute most scrutinised item in home lending at the moment and foreseeable future.. for a very long time the minimum living index was used which was a figure used based on your income against your circumstances Eg , are you single or married + any dependants .

These days every applicant is treated different to the last and the shorter your servicing margin for a loan the more scrutinised you will be. Calculator goes like this:

Income
Less debts and cost of living
Equals = tiny surplus. Expect a fine tooth comb through all of your transactions

Income
Less debts and cost of living
Equals Large surplus: either be able to demonstrate where that surplus is going each month (eg savings , paying over your current loans minimum repayment) or once again expect fine tooth comb
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

:lol:
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

:lol: :lol:

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Keneally, Shorten and Bowen on the front bench.

:lol:

Congrats, Scomo. You're in for the long haul....

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ahahahahahaha Israel folaus go fund me page has Been taken down! Suck it
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hearing that 8 Australian children have been rescued from a Syrian refugee camp and brought home warmed my heart.

No political grandstanding involved, the government just got the job done.

No child should suffer for the sins of their father (or mother).
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm Hearing that 8 Australian children have been rescued from a Syrian refugee camp and brought home warmed my heart.

No political grandstanding involved, the government just got the job done.

No child should suffer for the sins of their father (or mother).
I agree although I do think that the the media involvement in this case, and a tenacious grandmother, applied pressure that pushed things along more quickly and positively than may have happened otherwise.

Our track record for helping Aussies abroad is not always stellar.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

YEWL $1080!

Hookers and blow!

How good are tax cuts!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

What's the go, basically once ya do ya tax return they just credit it separately as $1080?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Your tax return will determine your eligibility for it. You will get your normal refund plus this all in one payment I presume.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:55 pm What's the go, basically once ya do ya tax return they just credit it separately as $1080?

Yeah nah, it comes off the tax you owe or it's add to the tax you'll be refunded.

If you earned:

Under $37,000 – you will get $255 back.

Between $37,000 and $48,000 – $255 back plus 7.5% of what is over $37,000 (so that’s between $255 and $1,080).

Between $48,000 and $90,000 – $1,080 back, flat. No calculations needed.

Between $90,000 and $126,000 – $1,080 back but minus 3% of what is over $90,000 (so between $1,080 and $0).

Over $126,000 – zero.

So it looks like Hellboy the fat cat gets nada
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sadly you over estimate South Aussie wages. $1080 is ok though, but it's small penance for fucking over the environment and future generations.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I mean all the fat stacks running this site brings in.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I thought it's capped at $90K from what I'd seen as stage one or something?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I listed the cut offs busty, geez
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

The way I read it, youre saying folks who earn over $90K still get $1080 less 3% off what's over that amount. What I'm asking is, I thought I'd read this stage one roll out was limited to earnings up to $90K. E.g. if someone earns say $91K they aint getting shit until stage two roll out in 2022 or something?