Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by not tyson »

They photo shopped out what was said after layers 'Then I'd bomb the absolute shit out of it'
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Using your own children to further your own political / social ideologies - priceless. Parents are Greenies - obviously.

I wonder if those six year olds understand how the economy works?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

A thousand bucks says Adam "Don't Call Me An Ape Little Girl" Goodes goes into politics the minute he retires and is snapped up by Labor who will rush him into Parliament within 18 months where he will become the next....HA HA HA HA HA....Peter...HA HA HA HA HA...Garrett.

Ha! that mob are hilarious. Gillard's on tv tonight. Should be a hoot! Lying, corrupt opportunistic bitch.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ape little girl?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Ape little girl?
Adam Goodes is an aboriginal AFL player who's the current Australian of the Year. The Liberals have scant regard for Indigenous Australians, so it's not surprised Calcium is belittling him.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yep. Just like he belittled a child at a football match. I have no sympathy for him.

Not that Labor did anything for Aboriginals - except make fluffy "reconciliation" speeches that in the long run did little to help the indigenous population.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:The Liberals have scant regard for Indigenous Australians...

http://www.news.com.au/national/tony-ab ... 7064313858

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:Yep. Just like he belittled a child at a football match. I have no sympathy for him.

Not that Labor did anything for Aboriginals - except make fluffy "reconciliation" speeches that in the long run did little to help the indigenous population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Title_Act_1993
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote:The Liberals have scant regard for Indigenous Australians...

http://www.news.com.au/national/tony-ab ... 7064313858

Story by

Paul Toohey in Arnhem Land
News Corp Australia Network
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Yep. Just like he belittled a child at a football match. I have no sympathy for him.
No he didn't - he called her out for being racist, like any adult should.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

That little girls parents ought to be ashamed of themselves. He did the right thing, there is no room in the world for that crap
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

BlackHole83 wrote:That little girls parents ought to be ashamed of themselves. He did the right thing, there is no room in the world for that crap
She was a Collingwood sopporter and a young girl. No doubt she was rude but I'm not at all convinced that the way she used ape was racist.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:That little girls parents ought to be ashamed of themselves. He did the right thing, there is no room in the world for that crap
She was a Collingwood sopporter and a young girl. No doubt she was rude but I'm not at all convinced that the way she used ape was racist.
Was she calling all the white guys in the team apes as well?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:
liz wrote:
Was she calling all the white guys in the team apes as well?
I guess that's my point. I don't know if she has referred to other white opposition players as apes but from my perspective a young girl calling out ape to any footy player sounds credible.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote:
hellboy wrote: Was she calling all the white guys in the team apes as well?
I guess that's my point. I don't know if she has referred to other white opposition players as apes but from my perspective a young girl calling out ape to any footy player sounds credible.
And Goodes' story isn't?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Australian politics thread

Post by BlackHole83 »

I think you are in denial Liz. It's pretty fucking obvious why she said what she said.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:
liz wrote:
hellboy wrote: Was she calling all the white guys in the team apes as well?
And Goodes' story isn't?
I'm sure she called him an ape I'm just not as quick to jump to the conclusion as he was that it was in response to his skin colour.

Blackhole I am not in denial at all. There are racist Australians and I'm sure some of them attend the football.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: I'm sure she called him an ape I'm just not as quick to jump to the conclusion as he was that it was in response to his skin colour.
She may have said it in ignorance, but that doesn't make it any less racist. Adam Goodes stepped in to educate her in areas where the rest of her society seemed to have failed.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

not tyson wrote: Story by

Pathetic comeback. Did Abbott go to Arnhem Land and spend time talking to / mixing with Aboriginals or didn't he?

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: She may have said it in ignorance, but that doesn't make it any less racist. Adam Goodes stepped in to educate her in areas where the rest of her society seemed to have failed.

You're fucking kidding me, right?

:|

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote: She may have said it in ignorance, but that doesn't make it any less racist. Adam Goodes stepped in to educate her in areas where the rest of her society seemed to have failed.

You're fucking kidding me, right?
Not at all. What's the problem?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:
not tyson wrote: Story by

Pathetic comeback. Did Abbott go to Arnhem Land and spend time talking to / mixing with Aboriginals or didn't he?
Wasn't a comeback, just pointing out that flourishing article was printed in News Corp and he didn't even stay the full week because of muh terrorism concerns.

But unlike HB, I don't think all Liberals give a rats arse about Aboriginals, Australians of all political persuasion probably fall under this category. I've met many a racist person when it comes to them. It's systemic in our culture but it's so easy to go online and ignore this fact.

But I think all you idiots arguing about that girl and Goodes, when that's all been settled, in the Australian politics thread no less when our Prime Minister came out with this beauty today:

Tony Abbott warns of more security and less freedom, but we won’t ‘stoop to evil’

“Regrettably, for some time to come, Australians will have to endure more security than we’re used to and more inconvenience than we would like.

“Regrettably for some time to come, the delicate balance between freedom and security may have to shift.

“There may be more restrictions on some, so that there can be more protection for others. After all, Madam Speaker, the most basic freedom of all is the freedom to walk the streets unharmed and to sleep safe in our beds at night.

“So, Madam Speaker, creating new offences that are harder to beat on a technicality may be a small price to pay for saving lives and for maintaining the social fabric of an open, free and multicultural nation.”

But hey, who the fuck cares, some kid called some guy an ape last year.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Agreed that this is all a bit much. Some guy somewhere in Sydney receives an email from some guy somewhere in the Middle East, saying something along the lines of "Hey, you Aussie muslims should like cut off some guy's head or something. That would be radical!!!"

And suddenly there's 800 cops and armored vehicles and swat teams. And it all results in ONE FREAKIN CHARGE - that some Muslim guy may or may not have been THINKING about MAYBE doing something to someone somewhere- although it's unconfirmed at this stage.

Dumb - regardless of who's in power - Dumb.

And as was pointed out on RRR the other day - every week in Australia AT LEAST one woman is murdered by her abusive spouse.

So.....yeah.

:|

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:
Not at all. What's the problem?

Forget it. I'm not spending the next seven or eight pages debating this with you when it's unlikely either of us is going to be swayed on our position regarding this incident.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's a witch hunt, no doubt.