Tool 2016 VIP Reviews & Discussion

Tool travel across the US for a short tour playing dates in mostly the sourthern half of the country.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Tool 2016 VIP Reviews & Discussion

Post by Ettan »

Thought we would have a seperate VIP thread.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool 2016 VIP Reviews & Discussion

Post by hellboy »

Good idea - I'm curious to hear what went down.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Wow, nothing?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:Wow, nothing?
No VIP has gone down yet... So not that big a surprise.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan wrote:
joeypants wrote:Wow, nothing?
No VIP has gone down yet... So not that big a surprise.
Whoops.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

since im lazy ill ask here... when is the first VIP?
Chisox83
Maynard Believer

Post by Chisox83 »

I got VIP in Tulsa and havnt heard any info yet on the schedule...has any other VIP attendees received info yet via email?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I'm pretty sure there is VIP at each stop for the rest of the tour, first up is San Antone on Wed.

2016 13 Jan SAN ANTONIO TX US AT&T CENTER
2016 14 Jan HOUSTON TX US TOYOTA CENTER
2016 16 Jan TULSA OK US BOK CENTER
2016 17 Jan GRAND PRAIRIE TX US VERIZON THEATER AT GRAND PRAIRIE
2016 19 Jan SOUTHHAVEN MS US LANDER CENTER
2016 20 Jan KANSAS CITY MO US SPRINT CENTER
2016 22 Jan ST. LOUIS MO US CHAIFETZ ARENA
2016 23 Jan NASHVILLE TN US BRIDGESTONE ARENA
2016 25 Jan DULUTH GA US INFINITE ENERGY ARENA
2016 26 Jan CHARLOTTE NC US BOJANGLES' COLISEUM
2016 28 Jan ORLANDO FL US CFE ARENA
2016 30 Jan PENSACOLA FL US PENSACOLA BAY CENTER
2016 31 Jan NEW ORLEANS LA US SMOOTHIE KING ARENA
Ki77aan :twisted:
edin
My pain is just an excuse

Post by edin »

12th row floor tickets to this for a ridiculous scalped price. Oh well, just glad to be finally seeing Tool again. Last time was at River's Edge Festival is Saint Paul in 2012 and I've never been to Missouri so that will be cool. Anyone staying at Residence Inn?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

edin wrote:12th row floor tickets to this for a ridiculous scalped price. Oh well, just glad to be finally seeing Tool again. Last time was at River's Edge Festival is Saint Paul in 2012 and I've never been to Missouri so that will be cool. Anyone staying at Residence Inn?
I assume you're not specifically talking about the VIP tickets here?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Someone please for the love of god ask Adam what's going on with the Opiate video and why he never holds up to his statements.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Nothing? Anyone go? Anything new? Any mention of the new album what so ever? I really hope that topic is not ignored like the last time, because I find that to be ridiculous.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Their is a thread on Reddit
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Their is a thread on Reddit
ncast2523

Post by ncast2523 »

My second VIP experience at the San Antonio show. Great day and again well worth the money IMO.

A bit of working out the kinks as they went since this was the first VIP of the tour (same last VIP I did in Spokane). The VIP host Justin Roberts is a cool guy and as it turns out was a well known host in the WWE wrestling world, and thats how he met Adam.

We checked in, handed over our cell phones and got our tickets based on position in line. I got there early and got row 1 this time! After check in we did Q&A with Adam which is great. The plan was to then hit up the merch stand and then go back to our Q&A room and get our phones back for pics with Adam but they pulled us off of the merch line early to bring us in to sound check (!) which wasn't part of the VIP offering this time, although it was last time I did it. The three guys (sans MJK) all greeted us and they played The Grudge and Descending and something else I can't remember at the moment.

After soundcheck the 3 guys jumped into the crowd with us and Justin Roberts snapped a few group pics of us that I guess they will be posting somewhere though I haven't seen it yet.

We were then brought back to the march line and then our room to get our phones back and our goodie bag which had a lot of great stuff in it: a black thermal Tool VIP shirt, a pair of Danny Carey Drumsticks, a Tool USB power pack charger, Keychain, Necklace, wristband, guitar picks, signed by Adam VIP poster and a cloth Tool bag to keep it all in.
ncast2523

Post by ncast2523 »

Adam mentioned that Descending is parts of a new song that is pretty far along and is written in 7. He also said that it is a long piece and they took all of the really cool interesting parts out of the version they are playing now on this tour.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ncast2523 wrote:a black thermal Tool VIP shirt, a pair of Danny Carey Drumsticks, a Tool USB power pack charger, Keychain, Necklace, wristband, guitar picks, signed by Adam VIP poster and a cloth Tool bag to keep it all in.
Wow! That's like $7,000 worth of merch.
a Tool USB power pack charger

Wait, what the fuck? What a bizarre thing to give out.
Don't mow your lawn
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

ncast2523 wrote:My second VIP experience at the San Antonio show. Great day and again well worth the money IMO.

A bit of working out the kinks as they went since this was the first VIP of the tour (same last VIP I did in Spokane). The VIP host Justin Roberts is a cool guy and as it turns out was a well known host in the WWE wrestling world, and thats how he met Adam.

We checked in, handed over our cell phones and got our tickets based on position in line. I got there early and got row 1 this time! After check in we did Q&A with Adam which is great. The plan was to then hit up the merch stand and then go back to our Q&A room and get our phones back for pics with Adam but they pulled us off of the merch line early to bring us in to sound check (!) which wasn't part of the VIP offering this time, although it was last time I did it. The three guys (sans MJK) all greeted us and they played The Grudge and Descending and something else I can't remember at the moment.

After soundcheck the 3 guys jumped into the crowd with us and Justin Roberts snapped a few group pics of us that I guess they will be posting somewhere though I haven't seen it yet.

We were then brought back to the march line and then our room to get our phones back and our goodie bag which had a lot of great stuff in it: a black thermal Tool VIP shirt, a pair of Danny Carey Drumsticks, a Tool USB power pack charger, Keychain, Necklace, wristband, guitar picks, signed by Adam VIP poster and a cloth Tool bag to keep it all in.
Thx for the info, man! Sounds like a good time! Was it sold out? How many people would u say we're there? What kind of snacks and drink were available? Did u enjoy being that close (sound and visual wise)?

Thx....and sorry about all the questions.....lol
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

^^ Thanks for the review man! What time did you have to be there to check in? Me and my wife are doing VIP in Duluth on the 25th, we can't wait!
ncast2523

Post by ncast2523 »

Bones wrote:
Thx for the info, man! Sounds like a good time! Was it sold out? How many people would u say we're there? What kind of snacks and drink were available? Did u enjoy being that close (sound and visual wise)?

Great time, I believe it was sold out. About 100. Cooler full of water, soda etc and some chips, salsa, pita, hummus to pick on in the room we did q&a in. Being that close is incredibly intense sound wise. "I feel it move across my skin" - literally. More so in sound check because they play at concert volume but the place is empty. Danny hitting the kick drum rattles your eyeballs. The visuals aren't as good due to your perspective but it is cool to really be able to see the guys faces and interaction with each other while watching them play.
ncast2523

Post by ncast2523 »

ezeric82 wrote:^^ Thanks for the review man! What time did you have to be there to check in? Me and my wife are doing VIP in Duluth on the 25th, we can't wait!
12:30, but people line up around 11 or so. Like i said seats go in line order.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Very stoked they did a sound check for you guys. With that not being listed on the VIP details I was thinking they weren't going to do it. When I did the VIP in Vegas 2014 the sound check was the best part! So jealous you got to hear the grudge. Really wish they did a VIP for San Diego but my credit card is happy they didn't. Haha. Thanks for the review.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

ncast2523 wrote:
Bones wrote:

Great time, I believe it was sold out. About 100. Cooler full of water, soda etc and some chips, salsa, pita, hummus to pick on in the room we did q&a in. Being that close is incredibly intense sound wise. "I feel it move across my skin" - literally. More so in sound check because they play at concert volume but the place is empty. Danny hitting the kick drum rattles your eyeballs. The visuals aren't as good due to your perspective but it is cool to really be able to see the guys faces and interaction with each other while watching them play.
Right on.......thx man!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Has anyone received the additional VIP details from toolband for the Charlotte show?
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

Bogart wrote:Has anyone received the additional VIP details from toolband for the Charlotte show?
I have VIP for Atlanta/Duluth and I haven't received any additional details yet. It will probably be toward the end of the week I'm thinking