Fear Inoculum

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ms2r »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:09 am
Takeo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 am No one’s complaining, only critiquing based on lofty standards theband has earned. This is deep shit and deserves analysis not just a throwaway pop tune to enjoy blindly. Analyzing their catalogue is a fulfilling endeavor for a lot of fans, the good and seemingly bad.
God Damn you Takeo! CONFIRM MY BIAS!!

For those who are Eurocentric: https://www.backstagerockshop.com/produ ... noculum-cd

Judging from the prices I have seen floating around here, it looks like this physical release is a North American release that is merely going to be "imported" to other regions. Children of Bodom's special pack for Hexed was similar. I can't see any reason why it would cost so much more.
But the euro shops just kinda forgot amazon.com ships internationally.
:/
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

From a FB post by Germany's EMP Shop (translation by me):

"Es wird nach dem aktuellen Stand keine Vinyl Version geben, auch ist die Version hier die Standard Version, eine günstigere ist nicht geplant. Derzeit zeigen einige amerikanische Shops deutlich günstigere Preise, wir haben uns informiert und scheinbar ist dies ein Fehler und deren Preise werden bald angepasst."

"Currently there is no vinyl version planned, and this edition here is the standard version, there are no plans for a cheaper one. Currently some US shops offer substantially lower prices - we asked around and these are apparently errors, those prices will soon be adjusted."

The vinyl part is already wrong (https://www.rcarecords.com/news/tools-f ... -track-now), so again: grain of salt.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

ms2r wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:53 am But the euro shops just kinda forgot amazon.com ships internationally.
:/
Yea, at least you can get it somewhat cheaper than what the other sites are charging.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

thekillingjoke wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:08 am From a FB post by Germany's EMP Shop (translation by me):

"Es wird nach dem aktuellen Stand keine Vinyl Version geben, auch ist die Version hier die Standard Version, eine günstigere ist nicht geplant. Derzeit zeigen einige amerikanische Shops deutlich günstigere Preise, wir haben uns informiert und scheinbar ist dies ein Fehler und deren Preise werden bald angepasst."

"Currently there is no vinyl version planned, and this edition here is the standard version, there are no plans for a cheaper one. Currently some US shops offer substantially lower prices - we asked around and these are apparently errors, those prices will soon be adjusted."

The vinyl part is already wrong (https://www.rcarecords.com/news/tools-f ... -track-now), so again: grain of salt.
But amazon.com cannot up the price for everyone who already ordered.
brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Post by brianlikesmovies »

thekillingjoke wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:08 am From a FB post by Germany's EMP Shop (translation by me):

Fuck. I hope the price doesn't get jacked.
Whys it smell like bitch in here?
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

True, they can only adjust the price for new orders. Just to be safe I've two preorders running now - amazon.com, and a more expensive one on a German store in case the .com preorder goes bust for whatever reason. I'll cancel one preorder as soon as the other gets shipped (or I'll end up with an additional, sealed copy). Ah, remember just going into a record store and buying new albums? Simpler times.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

After 6 listens i must say that i like the production more than 10,000 days.
I forgot my pen
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

They need to unbox this thing. I’m not really into having “stuff” but if it had a little of them recording in the videos that would be something. Very exciting times! I need to go for another listen!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Ha. Just got home and started my first listen. First sounds gave me goosebumps and about 3 minutes in I've turned it off for a sec cos I feel emotional as fuck. Had a lot of shit going on in life lately and I'm knackered from work so that doesn't help but wow it sounds so fucking different!!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Oh fuck and it keeps getting better as it goes. Can't believe this is actually happening.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

99,99€ ? Are they serious?

As soon as a simple CD version will be available, I'll cancel my preorder.
Don't need useless gimmicks "worth" 70€.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Anyone have any guesstimates as to when we might see vinyl pre-orders?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Spoonman wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 am 99,99€ ? Are they serious?

Just buy it digitally?
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Fear Inoculum trending on YouTube!! #4
I forgot my pen
NowhereFaded
Bronco's Fan

Post by NowhereFaded »

I’ve been a tool fan since the mid nineties. Ænima days.
Have listened to FI 3 times.
It’s good.
I mean after 13 years can anything live up the the Hype?
Even new music by TOOL??

What jumps out to me most of all is where is the “hammer of the gods”, Adam Jones guitar tone and riffage. Where are the killer riffs that TOOL music is shaped by??

I can live with whatever Maynard contributes but I can’t live without Jones’ tones. Especially in the lead single. It’s baffling.

Am I the only one who immediately noticed this??
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

NowhereFaded wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm I’ve been a tool fan since the mid nineties. Ænima days.
It’s good.
Even new music by TOOL??

What jumps out to me most of all is where is the “hammer of the gods”, Adam Jones guitar tone and riffage. Where are the killer riffs that TOOL music is shaped by??

I can live with whatever Maynard contributes but I can’t live without Jones’ tones. Especially in the lead single. It’s baffling.

Yeah you can tell straight away that it sounds totally different. It's most noticeable with the guitar and drums but the whole thing just sounds so roomy like there tons of space in there. They have gone for a different sound and it's really refreshing to me.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

NowhereFaded wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm I’ve been a tool fan since the mid nineties. Ænima days.
It’s good.
Even new music by TOOL??

He is more about soundscaping and coherent overall sound.
Plus in the past I read enough comments that Adam wasn't an exceptional guitar player.
For me lucky enough he isn't someone who goes on overlong solos.
I rate him high because of the tandem with Justin.

Plus I never seen TooL as the killer riff band. They don't need that.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

Local station is playing it! I'm surprised...seems our radio is getting better! I tuned in during the later part of the song, so not sure if it's a radio edit or not.

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Very floydian but I dig it. The note bends are still there and real fucking sharp.

he unleashes all hell during the climax. I’m a basic guitar player and I already feel overwhelmed trying to get that solo sorted.

I feel it’s going to go straight into track 2 with as much ferocity
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

It’s an amazing track, opiateofthemasses channel is live now breaking down the song, especially the guitars.

If any of you play the guitar I recommend checking him out.
I forgot my pen
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I hated it first 5 listens. I mean hated it. Called it the worst Tool song I had ever heard. It was the Puscifer style lyrics. The song also didn’t feel cohesive.

Then I put my ego aside and went back in with an open mind and I kept discovering layers of complexity in the music. At a certain point the lyrics, the style, the tone, it made sense. After about 20 listens on a good set of headphones I realized the song was fucking brilliant.

It wasn’t what I was expecting at all and I think that is a good thing. It challenged me more than any other Tool song. We all wanted evolution and change and this is that. This is a very different kind of Tool song. Yes the elements that make it Tool are there but how they go about presenting this particular musical idea is very very different. I get why it is the title track now.
The most intelligent person on this forum
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

Any thoughts on when we might see a track list?
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 pm
Spoonman wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 am 99,99€ ? Are they serious?

Just buy it digitally?
No way!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

M0G wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm I hated it first 5 listens. I mean hated it. Called it the worst Tool song I had ever heard. It was the Puscifer style lyrics. The song also didn’t feel cohesive.

Then I put my ego aside and went back in with an open mind and I kept discovering layers of complexity in the music. At a certain point the lyrics, the style, the tone, it made sense. After about 20 listens on a good set of headphones I realized the song was fucking brilliant.

It wasn’t what I was expecting at all and I think that is a good thing. It challenged me more than any other Tool song. We all wanted evolution and change and this is that. This is a very different kind of Tool song. Yes the elements that make it Tool are there but how they go about presenting this particular musical idea is very very different. I get why it is the title track now.
You just gave me chills. Can't wait to hear it. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

M0G wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm I hated it first 5 listens. I mean hated it. Called it the worst Tool song I had ever heard. It was the Puscifer style lyrics. The song also didn’t feel cohesive.

i think its nice you gave it a chance and didnt go with your initial reaction. i understand not liking it, i understand loving it. but how do you go from worst tool song ever to brilliant? pretty dramatic change. kind of all over the place

either way, lets rock
Last edited by brewdog123 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.