Fear Inoculum

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by ms2r »

SoMuchChub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 am Pneuma, Descending and Culling Voices are all great. Invincible, Tempest and the title track are all okay.

The album lacks a little diversity. It'll be a grower but I don't think there's a "classic" Tool song on here that will be held in regard with their best stuff.
Wot?

Only two listens for me but songs like Fear Inoculum, Pneuma, Descending, Culling Voices and 7Empest easily can battle the older songs.
Especially Pneuma and Descending went into my top-tier-Tool immediately.

So far, for me, this are 6 epic tracks.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

Strongly disagree. I would take every single song off Aenima and Lateralus over anything on FI.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Tool_User wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 pm Fuck it, I cannae wait any longer. Sorry to be a pain but I'm one of those computer retards.. I don't have an account on pirate bay or any experience downloading stuff. I would however like to download the new tool album and play it on my phone so if anyone could point me in the right direction or message me a link I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.
You hear back from anyone mate ?
Listen to All Them Witches
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

Where is btw the 20 minute song? Or is it the combination of CCT en 7empest?
Without_a_skin_here
Maynard Believer

Post by Without_a_skin_here »

Tool_User wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 pm Fuck it, I cannae wait any longer. Sorry to be a pain but I'm one of those computer retards.. I don't have an account on pirate bay or any experience downloading stuff. I would however like to download the new tool album and play it on my phone so if anyone could point me in the right direction or message me a link I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.
PM your email address and I will help you out.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

tool_user got the linkylink.
Without_a_skin_here wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:46 am Where is btw the 20 minute song? Or is it the combination of CCT en 7empest?
Exaggeration on reviewers part who didn't have tracklist and lengths during the listening sessions.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

lukas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:50 pm how does everyone feel about MJKs vocoder part in invincible?
As with many of his other wall of harmony parts, I like it but I wish his standard pitch was mixed more to the front of the voices.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 am
Yes my man, tyson and m2r hit me up earlier, I just got some weed and got all my chores done. Holy fuck this is it!!! I'm going in!!!!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Without_a_skin_here wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:53 am
PM your email address and I will help you out.
A couple of the guys in here sent me links but thanks a lot for the offer!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Tool_User wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:46 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:38 am
Yes my man, tyson and m2r hit me up earlier, I just got some weed and got all my chores done. Holy fuck this is it!!! I'm going in!!!!
Sweet as bruv. Enjoy mate
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Can't believe you doubted me Busty :/
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

SoMuchChub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 am It'll be a grower but I don't think there's a "classic" Tool song on here that will be held in regard with their best stuff.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 am Can't believe you doubted me Busty :/
Sorry dude. From one smartarse to another I just thought you were being a cheeky bugger. In fairness you did make a pretend leak the day before. Still. I was wrong and a dick ... ma bad. Free wristy when I'm down that way again?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:06 am Can't believe you doubted me Busty :/
Sorry dude. From one smartarse to another I just thought you were being a cheeky bugger. In fairness you did make a pretend leak post the day before. Still. I was wrong and a dick ... ma bad. Free wristy when I'm down that way again?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ooh double post. Look at me go !
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I feel like I'm going to get sued at this point if Sony looks at my pm history, my lawyer will ask why the heck did I ever use my real name as a username.

But we both did that right Busty?

The only difference is you used your full name.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeh but I left out my legal title which is actually doctor McCracken so I should be in the clear right?

Maybe we could start a counter lawsuit suing sony for taking advantage of us long suffering tool fans by selling us a product at an overly inflated price that didn't even contain the full product on disc?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I''m still pissed the boss refused my request to put a sign on my office door "FUCK OFF NEW TOOL"

He actually asked me if I'd seen 'Yesterday"
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

What a cunt! I work from home most days so had no such problems. Just a bunch of annoying fucking customers wanting me to do my job more than anything
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tys0n wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 pm Sacrilege but Invincible is the only track I'm not vibing with at the moment.
Give it some listens with the headphones. Danny’s tom work is so thoughtful. Every last echo of his last hit flows into the next one. I do agree that the live version has more of a kick and seems to play a hair faster live but the studio is good. I like the vox effects.

I love Maynard’s “here we go again” line before 7empest. I think he really came out on that track. His back up lines to himself were great and this is the song that gives me the most undertow vibes. Oh and that solo is every bit as good as they all said beforehand.

Is Adam using a slide on the last solo of descending? I know he uses one on the first solo but on the studio version at the end he some delicious fret slides that sound too slidy to be his fingers.
Last edited by rshforgothispw on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

lukas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:50 pm how does everyone feel about MJKs vocoder part in invincible?
I did not really enjoy that or think it fit at all on my first two listens. But we'll see if it grows on me.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

man 7empest is so fun I don’t even know how to explain it. It ROCKS HARD!

I’m gonna practice that chugging riff with my tongue and use it on the wife later

dngdnananan
dngdnandngndngng
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

You're a good lad tyson it's not true what they say about you! Cheers busty! Keep getting interrupted but fuck it's good.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

rshforgothispw wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:07 am man 7empest is so fun I don’t even know how to explain it. It ROCKS HARD!

I’m gonna practice that chugging riff with my tongue and use it on the wife later

dngdnananan
dngdnandngndngng
It is the one song with very deliberate drive right out the gate and the only one that doesn't follow the same format they've established with the others. It makes me wish there was one more track on the album with a similar vibe. It is really easy to understand why reporters recalled this one so much.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

The beginning/ending of 7empest sounds a whole lot like "Frame By Frame" off King Crimson's "Discipline", one of Danny's favorite albums.

If it's not a conscious tribute/citation, he must at least have rubber-stamped it during songwriting.