Fear Inoculum

children
Metalologist

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by children »

I agree Kittaan. Some people on here sure have some whack opinions. But I guess they feel that way about people who actually enjoy every second of this new Tool record. For me there is an infinite amount of things that keep my interest. There isn't enough hours in the day to satisfy how much I want to try to absorb all the nuances of this doozy of a record. Every time I listen I enjoy it more than the last time. Little riffs and hooks that I didn't notice or did nothing for me the first several times are being brought to the forefront and revealing the layers. The fact that this record is already a fucking classic in my mind says a lot!
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I just started playing Tempest on my home stereo and it started raining heavily outside... shitty, overcast day here.

I know it's just a coincidence but listening to Tempest in a storm is actually pretty cool :)

"Calm before the torrent comes... Calm before the Tempest comes to reign all over" and then 4 minutes of Justin, Danny and Adam jamming it out is fucking fun
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

8-)
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 pm
Takeo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am I’m starting to tune out about halfway through each song. They’re too long. Need more Maynard, tighter direction, less jammy. The songs are missing that climactic release of tension. They set a theme, tease, and then gradually unwind and meander which can be creative in one sense, boring in another.
Whoa, Takeo a step back there buddy... two words: Danny Carey. At no point could you possibly be able to tune out because the man is constantly performing circus tricks with his kit. I would SO love a DC only mix of the entire album.

But seriously, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I just can’t fathom it personally.

He has a perfectly valid point.

You want to listen to a technically proficient drummer? Go to a drum clinic. Personally I'd rather good songs that stick in your head for days on end..
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by the chill »

Do you all think it will be released on iTunes(or any other online source) on midnight EST? So maybe I will be able to listen to it at 9pm AUG 29 PST? Still have yet to listen to it and want to listen with all the segues.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I think I saw they were doing a midnight release somewhere in aus so maaaaaybe they'll go online digitally midnight in which case you'd assume someone would upload it. Wouldn't hold ya breath though
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I would go to a DC drum clinic every 10 minutes if I could
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

I just got a shipping confirmation from jpc.de - so the special edition is in Europe at least. I've half expected to have to wait until mid September.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

A worldwide supply of the deluxe edition was only 80,000 copies.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Wow
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:02 am A worldwide supply of the deluxe edition was only 80,000 copies.
:lol:

There has to be some sort of record company shenanigans involved here, like they saw the cost of producing these things and thought there is no way more than 80,000 people would want a physical copy in the era of streaming.
Canned audience laughter
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

80,000 first run 'limited edition' yeah nah.
Wonder if TA will do an actual limited couple hundred signed.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Calfium Jay wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:48 pm
Kittaan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 pm
Takeo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am I’m starting to tune out about halfway through each song. They’re too long. Need more Maynard, tighter direction, less jammy. The songs are missing that climactic release of tension. They set a theme, tease, and then gradually unwind and meander which can be creative in one sense, boring in another.
Whoa, Takeo a step back there buddy... two words: Danny Carey. At no point could you possibly be able to tune out because the man is constantly performing circus tricks with his kit. I would SO love a DC only mix of the entire album.

But seriously, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I just can’t fathom it personally.

He has a perfectly valid point.

You want to listen to a technically proficient drummer? Go to a drum clinic. Personally I'd rather good songs that stick in your head for days on end..
Are you saying none of these songs get in your head?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
DRanger
Maynard Believer

Post by DRanger »

Hi,

this morning I received my "Item has been sended"-email from Amazon.de.
It looks like i am getting my copy tomorrow... :D
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Me credit card was charged about 2 hours ago, Amazon US.
- You like noisy music?
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Mine shipped at 12:10 am this morning. My estimated delivery window is 10:30AM-2:45PM tomorrow. Going to be a good day guys. Kinda surreal it's here.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Oi, my copy isn't expected to be delivered until sometime between Sept. 6 - 9.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Fuck!! No word yet for me!

I ordered from two separate places.
Professor of Lesbian Science
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I think im still going to hit up the local Target early and see if i can score another copy. I know i'll have a friend or 2 that will want it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I ordered from Amazon US first thing in the morning on the day of the preorder release.

Amazon says it will be delivered tomorrow before 8PM.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:01 am I ordered from Amazon US first thing in the morning on the day of the preorder release.

Amazon says it will be delivered tomorrow before 8PM.

Same thing here sir. Texas as the destination
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yup, ordered same day it was available on Amazon US. It shipped Wed, supposed to be here by 8:00pm, but it's USPS, so hopefully WELL before.

BTW, how jealous are you of the brave Fools who have abstained from listening to ANY new Tool, and will experience it all in one overwhelming dosage? I still wouldn't trade having all this time to experience the pieces as they came available, but I have to admit, I AM a bit jelly....

I hope those who have made the ultimate sacrifice will regale us with some detailed notes on the experience.
Ki77aan :twisted:
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

my impressions of the Descending and Invincible were definitely tainted by having listened to the live recordings multiple times. I became accustomed to things sounding a certain way, so hearing the studio versions is fucking with me.