Fear Inoculum

DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by DaddyThinks »

Pneuma, takes the lead atm for me. It's... Strangely familiar, unexpected and Maynard does a hell of a job in vocals. The interlude part after the verse felt a little out of place first time around, but later showed it's purpose. Also when listening the first few times I got this irritating feeling that there is no real final or fulfilment to the tension that was grown during the tune, but after listening the album as a whole, I realized the tension gets grown through the record and there is no rush to release it in every song. Oh, and can you please buy something while at it, coz nobody does this for the love of words and expression? No? Ok, I quit this shit....
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Roll it...

So, yesterday I decided to listen the start with tool's discophograpgy. Just because after all that fear Inoculum fun it had to be done.

So, started with Opiate... and, yes, Sweat is still good but during the third track I realized... Jeez Maynard how much do you sing... All those words in such short songs.
Jerk-off, Cold & Ugly and Opiate really troubled me keeping attention
Those tool bunch spoiled it all. Lol
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

Just occurred to me. I'm sorry the links were "embended"
to the text so that one can not see what they click if not examining the links. Will fix that in future posts. Sincere appologies from my part.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Apology accepted and I take back everything I said about you.
Canned audience laughter
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 pm Apology accepted and I take back everything I said about you.
Thank you, sire. <3 (still wondering if this is just sarcasm, but want to believe it is not... Not with tool enthusiasts)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I was wondering why I was having such a hard time opening them. Do the new embentments have somewhere I can send a donation too also?
Listen to All Them Witches
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:09 pm I was wondering why I was having such a hard time opening them. Do the new embentments have somewhere I can send a donation too also?
What, they don't work?
Hold my beer!
account number sent by PM...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

DaddyThinks wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 pm Apology accepted and I take back everything I said about you.
Thank you, sire. <3 (still wondering if this is just sarcasm, but want to believe it is not... Not with tool enthusiasts)
No sarcasm, but I was reading your blog and was inspired to go to a local nature reserve today and well, the moment took over me and I found myself masturbating over a particular green piece of moss, I was so lost in the moment I didn't notice the boy scout group camped near by.

Sadly to say they didn't buy, I mean understand that I was just getting back to nature and well now I've got a court appearance due in a few weeks.

Now everyone is going to think I'm some sort of public masturbator, thanks a lot.
Canned audience laughter
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

tys0n wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 am
No sarcasm, but I was reading your blog and was inspired to go to a local nature reserve today and well, the moment took over me and I found myself masturbating over a particular green piece of moss, I was so lost in the moment I didn't notice the boy scout group camped near by.

Sadly to say they didn't buy, I mean understand that I was just getting back to nature and well now I've got a court appearance due in a few weeks.

Now everyone is going to think I'm some sort of public masturbator, thanks a lot.
It a beautiful thing to find reconnection with oneself and the environment! Congratulations! Glad I could be of assistance. And Do remember, it's not you that is flawed, it's the world.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 am

You win funny cunt today mate. That's fucking gold
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Sounds like its mutual to me guys. Beautiful. :lol:
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 am You win funny cunt today mate. That's fucking gold
Second that. Priceless :lol:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
DaddyThinks
Bronco's Fan

Post by DaddyThinks »

I bet this has been discussed before, but didn't find it by search. Besides the distortion on drums/bass/insert randominstrument -tracks in some of the tunes, I find it a little bit strange to hear a noticeable hissing background sound in some of the tracks. For example in Invincible, right in the beginning when the percussions (or is it xylophone?) start playing. What's up with that? Any logical explanation why it has been left on the track?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I'm not sure but I have a feeling it is either intentional or an effect of recording on tape and meanwhile achieving specific dynamics in the music.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Gotta say, this album is pretty fucking great.
Canned audience laughter
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

edit - i keep posting comments in the wrong threads
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:35 pm Gotta say, this album is pretty fucking great.
I'll see your "great" and raise you "awesome"!

BTW, does anyone know when TOOLband will be shipping out the next batch of CD's?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I can't work out which of the two is my favourite Maynard contribution on this album but I do know they are without doubt his two standout moments for me.

"Sound the dread alarm
Through our primal body
Sound the reveille
To be or not to be
Rise
Stay the grand finale
Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue"

OR

"Control, your delusion
Insane and striking at random
Victim of your certainty
And therefore your doubt's not an option
Blameless, the tempest will be just that"

His delivery in these are both absolutely on point
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Great examples Busty. And boy does he deliver it well live (not 7empest, obv). MJK is clearly on top of his vocal game and enjoying this. They all are. Danny is a true göd of percussion.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Can't wait to see them, am expecting we will get descending when they come here since it's yet to be played in the country and by time they get here they would 7empest sorted and ready to go.

And oh 3rd example. I find his delivery of Pneeuuuuuma after the long winded instrumental breakdown mid song oddly satisfying.

yeah my opinion hasn't changed since first listen in that this is Danny & Justins album first and foremost. they do not put a foot wrong for me and absolutely shine start to finish.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is all Adam for mine.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:07 pm Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is all Adam for mine.
Well I am an inept bass player so I guess I'll always gravitate to the bass but rhymthically this album is amazing!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think the album really is anyone's in particular. They all have their moments. It's a very even album in that regards I reckon
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

This sounds like it'll be worth a listen: