Fear Inoculum

Tool_User
Optomist

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Tool_User »

I'd mod the fuck out the lot of you silly cunts. Wheres the fucking single I'm bored you lot are fuckin boring me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:55 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 pm
I asked him this almost exact question... He came up with some long convoluted answer to remind me (again) that there is only ONE, 1, UNO, SINGLE way to interpret the album name.
Of course he did.

And nobody's getting upset, as far as I can tell. We aren't allowed to troll him back? Hmmm, Mr. soon to be moderator?
Troll away good sir. I too like to call my pal Mog out on his bullshit, just making sure you're fully aware he's no doubt sitting in his power rangers briefs eating Doritos lapping this shit up
Listen to All Them Witches
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Even if he is just trolling, it's pretty sad. He's a sad sack of Doritos.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Mom please flush it all away...
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Is it too early for Doritos at 8:30am?
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

The art work is still the colour of cheese but the title is quite good I think. Obviously leaves lots of room for speculation on its meaning as required by TooL lore.

Mog have you watched the Stephen Fry video that I posted? I hope so because its quite delightful to listen to - and he uses the word pedant which is a lovely word and aptly describes your posting style in this tread. Language evolves and changes. Dictionaries and scientific journals reflect changes and growth in our understanding as well as our questions and are not static sources of knowledge. In fact they will always lag a little behind.

"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I think the title is pretty self explanatory and contrary to what MOG keeps rattling on about is not grammatically incorrect.

Fear is the substance used to incoulate. The purpose of the inoculation is not necessarily vaccination to create resistance, but rather the introduction of an infective agent into a culture, for malevolent purpose.

Which to me fits neatly with everything he was talking about yesterday in the podcast. The more it sits with me the more I like the title.
Be good to each other.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

PimPle wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 pm Fear is the substance used to incoulate. The purpose of the inoculation is not necessarily vaccination to create resistance, but rather the introduction of an infective agent into a culture, for malevolent purpose.
That's what the anti vaxers would have us believe about the inoculum of poliovirus.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

liz wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:47 pm
PimPle wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 pm Fear is the substance used to incoulate. The purpose of the inoculation is not necessarily vaccination to create resistance, but rather the introduction of an infective agent into a culture, for malevolent purpose.
That's what the anti vaxers would have us believe about the inoculum of poliovirus.
Yeah but anti-vaxers are crazy, irresponsible and putting peoples lives at risk.
Be good to each other.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

gamebounty wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:15 pm I'm excited for the title track. Please let it be the most psychedelic shit they've ever made.
indeed!
go taff!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I can't wait to hear the song itself.
go taff!
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Dig it.
SteveBobSteve
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Shit this is really happening! I keep putting a gun to my head and wondering if it's all a dream!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

what the fuck
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 pmDig it.
Dig it! this isnt a Skinny Puppy forum ;)

i guess your record store buddy guessed right! haha jk. thats cool he knew something. he wouldnt spill the beans entirely but i understand that.

i like the title but after saying it for a day or so its kind of a mouthful.
what do you think people will abbreviate it too ?

i kinda like saying ''oculum''. i started thinking about album names last night and a lot have 3 or 4 syllables at most. once u start going beyond that it can get a little messy. not always but still.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

FOCULUM
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Speculum
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

speculum ?

FOC U LUM ? i like this one best now. FOC u too!
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 am
Without_a_skin_here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 am I think that the title refers to the self-imposed fear that lies at the heart of Tribalism and how fear is used and misused for power and political gain.
That certainly resonates. Consider the last decade and how that’s escalated. Astronomically since 45 stole *gained power in the US.
There sure has been a lot of fear mongering for 3 years about Russia, Russia, Russia from the Left since 45 came into power that's for certain...
Professor of Lesbian Science
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yet The Left want to be like Russia.

The irony.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Isn't this obvious? The band, this album is the inoculent against fear, being people's irrational individual and tribalist bullshit in recent years but also historically. People are retarded and do retarded things in a panic. Tool perscribes this tool to help, apply directly to the forehead.

I don't know why they had to specify fear in the title. It sounds lame and certainly isn't the only motivation behind the darkness of men. This is why I didn't like the title off the bat. It is too specific and obvious. Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days... these all have some level of ambiguity or scale of varying application.
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 pm Is it too early for Doritos at 8:30am?
:lol: open the Mountain Dew too
Last edited by Boldizar on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

basejumper wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am
Without_a_skin_here wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 am I think that the title refers to the self-imposed fear that lies at the heart of Tribalism and how fear is used and misused for power and political gain.
That certainly resonates. Consider the last decade and how that’s escalated. Astronomically since 45 stole *gained power in the US.
There sure has been a lot of fear mongering for 3 years about Russia, Russia, Russia from the Left since 45 came into power that's for certain...
Watch out for China China China coming to a trade fair near you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 pm
snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 pmDig it.
Dig it! this isnt a Skinny Puppy forum ;)

Who cares?) I love this band to death

fear diggulum
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

dude! i like SP quite a bit too. thats why i mentioned Fear Diggulum in the first place.

the first show i saw of theirs in 2007 was one of the best sounding shows ive ever been too period. blown away that night!
Last edited by bob on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am
basejumper wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

Watch out for China China China coming to a trade fair near you.
I highly doubt that, they are genociding Uyghurs and no one really gives a fuck. (Quick go google it so you can give your 'informed' opinion)

Too important of a trade partner.

It's all about Iran Iran Iran
Canned audience laughter