Tool Oz + NZ Feb 2020 Tour discussion

"Follow the evidence" to dates in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Auckland in February 2020
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Tool Oz + NZ Feb 2020 Tour discussion

Post by Busty McCracken »

glad so far everyone here has been sorted. I got a similar style of seats Tyson but in Melb and on justins side which if I had to pick a side would be the bass player every time so cant complain. Wanted GA but beats missing out.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They better announce a second Sydney show, I've booked holidays and a room!
Canned audience laughter
Rockgirl
Bronco's Fan

Post by Rockgirl »

Seats for us but better than missing out. Section 16 in Melb
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 pm They better announce a second Sydney show, I've booked holidays and a room!
their will be. Melb always sells out faster than Sydney is all
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

A huge thanks to Hellboy and Masterpete for my GA tickets to the Melbourne shows. Left to my own devices the pickings were looking slim. Its a great community we have here and it will be so much fun saying hello again or meeting up for the first time at the shows.

Long time no see too Rockgirl, look forward to meeting you in Melbourne I hope!
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Still good non-GA tickets available for Sydney so I hear, so perhaps not selling as strong as Melbourne. Given that we haven't heard about a second show, I am now starting to question whether there will be.

The good news is tyson, you can use the money you saved for the ticket for a higher class hooker.
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

Looks like the 2nd show at Rod Laver is up on Ticketek
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'll be surprised if second show isn't announced in Sydney but saying that I just remembered now that 2013 night 2 wasn't a great turnout so maybe not if hasn't sold out yet. Hope so for Tyson and any other sydneysiders on here sake.

Got GA night 2, so seats night 1, Ga night 2 in melbs
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

I got on about 6 times it was pretty easy, just wait.
When it says they don't have 2 tickets, just keep clicking next, eventually 2 show up.
How the fark Gold Seating extends to the front half of the worst sections is beyond me.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:32 pm Still good non-GA tickets available for Sydney so I hear, so perhaps not selling as strong as Melbourne. Given that we haven't heard about a second show, I am now starting to question whether there will be.

The good news is tyson, you can use the money you saved for the ticket for a higher class hooker.
I'm staying in Wooloomooloo for reasons . . .

What the FUCK is wrong with Sydney.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I guess Melbourne had a pretty damn strong contingent of people travelling from Adelaide/ south Aus along with people like myself who were chasing the weekend shows. Sounds like the Monday night has had a pretty massive effect on sales which is fucked. Sorry dude. That honestly sucks
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It makes no sense, we had two shows without a new album and like you I was there the second night last time and it seemed pretty full to me.

Maybe when it officially goes on sale there will be a difference.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

My memory Could be wrong , I was on some pretty good acid at the time but seemed smaller than the night before.

They've clearly got time allocated for a 2nd sydney show & i'll still be surprised if there isn't a second coz they sure as shit aint gonna do a second show in bris or Perth or a 3rd in Melb and there's time in schedule for it. As long as they don't forecast a loss it'll happen I'm sure.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 am My memory Could be wrong , I was on some pretty good acid at the time
Yeah lets go with my sober memory.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Haha yeh sounds legit
KreeepinDeth
Maynard Believer

Post by KreeepinDeth »

First time here - please be nice. :-)

Melbourne 2020 will be my 4th and 5th shows. Saturday in lower seats and Sunday VIP by myself.

I've done GA before for Tool and so many other bands but a little nervous for this time. Slightly peeved there is no section for the VIP ticket holders.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

KreeepinDeth wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:58 pm First time here - please be nice. :-)

Melbourne 2020 will be my 4th and 5th shows. Saturday in lower seats and Sunday VIP by myself.

I've done GA before for Tool and so many other bands but a little nervous for this time. Slightly peeved there is no section for the VIP ticket holders.
Sunday is the day Deth, there will be quite a few of us in the mosh on Sunday. Not that I mosh, it is a juvenile activity. :D
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Welcome Mr awesome Metallica song with a mild variation in spelling! Why nervous? Tool don't really have a mosh crowd so ya won't get pushed around much or anything. It will get squishy if you try get right up front however. my advice is get as close to the squishy area as possible and where ya can still have your own space and enjoy the show.
KreeepinDeth
Maynard Believer

Post by KreeepinDeth »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:18 pm It will get squishy if you try get right up front however. my advice is get as close to the squishy area as possible and where ya can still have your own space and enjoy the show.
Totally get you. My nreves come with having VIP and being early in the GA. Maintaining that spot (see the Seinfield ep where Elaine is saving seats at the movies! :lol: ) I don't want to sound entitled but my ticket cost $700 and if you're coming in 10 mins before Tool start and think you're pushing in front of me, we're going to have a problem.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Second Sydney show added!

YEWL!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:34 pm Second Sydney show added!

YEWL!
Nice one bruvva!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I managed to get 2 GA tickets for the Brisbane show so I am very happy. I was at a work conference in the city and had to bail out of one of the presentations at 2:00pm to try and get the tickets. At 2:02pm it was still refreshing and I started getting nervous but then got on and got tickets. I can't wait...
Be good to each other.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

That's awesome bro! Loving that we don't need to wait 7 months for the actual show like some bands do too
Rockgirl
Bronco's Fan

Post by Rockgirl »

liz wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 pm Long time no see too Rockgirl, look forward to meeting you in Melbourne I hope!
Yeah. Having a 1 year old is keeping me on my toes! Have only been to two gigs since he was born so excited to have a night out. None of my fav band T shirts fit though now :( Guess I will just have to buy new Ts and hoodies :lol:

I have a few friends that are keen for drinks at The Corner before hand so hoping the catch up is there or near by so I can come say hi!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Fucking YEWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Night Two opposite view and closer!

Don't know how it's going to sound though, should be fine!
Canned audience laughter