MJK Sexual Assault claims

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: MJK Sexual Assault claims

Post by joeypants »

One anonymous TWITTER (cesspool of fucking humanity) accusation is something I'm going to label as "bullshit," frankly. It has to be more substantial than that, especially with a rockstar... who's been very prone to freaks spreading wild backstage stories over the years... who has a VERY strange fanbase full of obsessives... who has one of the most highly talked about and anticipated albums being recorded right now... etc etc.

The #metoo movement on the whole has been extremely overdue and important. But one thing you haven't seen since day one is one anonymous twitter post be cause for anything more than an eyeroll and further evidence that the entire shithole app needs to be shut down because it represents generally the worst humanity currently has to offer. Oh, and celebrities can plug things on it. Yay.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

And no offense, but there shouldn't have even been a thread about this crap because you're just amplifying it. My $0.02.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Nothing wrong with a discussion about a quite important topic. This whole situation is likely to get worse before it gets better. No offense taken by the way.
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

Maynard was caring, slow and gentle. There was no pressure. He is interested in anal as you would assume, but did not with the one because she never had.

dafuq did i just read
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

_peterpwn wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 am Maynard was caring, slow and gentle. There was no pressure. He is interested in anal as you would assume, but did not with the one because she never had.

dafuq did i just read

More information than you needed to know.
also, Avatar!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

(Assuming this isn’t true)

This is scary. A twitter account types up some story and this man is in some shit.

There is zero difference in me saying Fiona Apple had her way with me against my will after a show. (She didn’t by the way... I feel like I should make that clear ha)

If it’s true then I hope it inspires the rest to come forth with their stories and some, well you know, facts and perhaps evidence and he gets the book thrown at him.

But let’s be clear, right now it’s just a twitter post with zero credibility.
Hey! Denty!
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

imagine jimmy in a gladiator suit "did you serve your master" and doing anal on acid with 10 girls etc
while adam drawing scatches in his dressing room, its so amazing
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I wonder what's going through everybody's head within the Tool/APC/Puscifer crew right now. Especially the APC people. They go on stage in like an hour or so in France. Wish I'd been at that show right now just to see how he acts on stage.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Ettan wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 am I wonder what's going through everybody's head within the Tool/APC/Puscifer crew right now. Especially the APC people. They go on stage in like an hour or so in France. Wish I'd been at that show right now just to see how he acts on stage.
#metoo
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

_peterpwn wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 am Maynard was caring, slow and gentle. There was no pressure. He is interested in anal as you would assume, but did not with the one because she never had.

dafuq did i just read

I LOL'd when I read it the first time. Then I died when I read your post highlighting it.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am Nothing wrong with a discussion about a quite important topic. This whole situation is likely to get worse before it gets better. No offense taken by the way.
Oh, absolutely. My only quibble is that it's a totally anonymous twitter account, ergo could be (and likely is) someone with an ax to grind. Or just stir up shit. Which pisses me off to no end because that kind of thing belittles a VERY important movement. I say that taking into account that for true victims, there is nothing about making accusations publicly that is anything less than hell.

I hope that it's not true, and that if this is the only form of accusation coming forward that news outlets don't irresponsibly run with it. I feel that will be the case, and this will disappear. If it's real or another more solid accusation comes forward, I would feel differently.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's an anonymous Twitter account......18 years after the incident. It's bull shit, and annoying that it's this easy to fuck someone. My pun might or might not be intended, depending on who takes it.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Definitely a double edged sword here. On one hand, if it really happened, then the person should not fear bringing it to light. On the other, is the immediate rush to judgement based on essentially one persons word with no due process. The immediate rush, by pretty much everyone, to distance themselves from an accused seems to be a defacto judgement.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Oh, absolutely. My only quibble is that it's a totally anonymous twitter account, ergo could be (and likely is) someone with an ax to grind. Or just stir up shit. Which pisses me off to no end because that kind of thing belittles a VERY important movement. I say that taking into account that for true victims, there is nothing about making accusations publicly that is anything less than hell.
This is what's so frustrating to me about this. I can totally see why someone would want to make an accusation like this anonymously. But it creates this annoying situation where it's like I don't want to downplay this or ignore it in case it is true, but I also don't want to bring attention to it if it's bullshit.

And if it ends up being true it creates a precedent where people can make these accusations anonymously which allows for trolls and bad faith actors to come in and fuck shit up. But I also don't think it's fair to ask these people to endure the kind of shit they would have to endure to tell their story. It's this fucking catch-22 that's driving me nuts.
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Wait a minute..Is it just me or has Mog been eerily quiet on This, or should I call him Mr Anonymous?!!
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

No idea whether or not this is true and not going to speculate either. When there is enough information available then I will express an opinion on the matter as it pertains to Maynard specifically.

I am concerned about what this could potentially mean for a new Tool album. It might seem like I am cold bastard that my primary concern here is the new album, but let's also keep in mind this isn't just about Maynard. Danny, Adam, and Justin have worked for a long time on new music and this could impact them in a significant way.

Ultimately I hope it works out for the best. Ultimately I hope we still get a new Tool album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i think it will unleash an anger in mjk that we have not seen since opiate
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Unfortunately, I think standing behind an accusation is part of it. Hell though it might be for the people. You can't just start rolling over for any person with an anonymous twitter account. These are serious accusations, and you have to stand behind that. Otherwise, you're just spreading rumor.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 pm Unfortunately, I think standing behind an accusation is part of it. Hell though it might be for the people. You can't just start rolling over for any person with an anonymous twitter account. These are serious accusations, and you have to stand behind that. Otherwise, you're just spreading rumor.
Yeah, if it's true then it kind of sucks this is how to someone chose to do it, if it's not true than I'm glad nobody got raped and everything's fine, I guess.
Don't mow your lawn
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm guessing Maynard did it himself so he can use the news clip samples on the new Tool album.
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Vicarious is one of our most popular songs, but I can't just do the same thing again...

Or can I???
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm i think it will unleash an anger in mjk that we have not seen since opiate
^
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

My guess is that this will have no real impact on the new album, and will all blow over in a few weeks time.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm I'm guessing Maynard did it himself so he can use the news clip samples on the new Tool album.
I’ll blame Adam, so he has an excuse to delay the album again.

#TooSoon?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I pay as much attention to this as I would someone else commenting on Twitter or Reddit that they've heard the new album or blah blah blah.

And considering Maynards lyrics are all written I hardly see this as changing anything to do with his application to the new album either
Listen to All Them Witches