That comment wasn't edited...
Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan »

shane1333 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:25 pm
Ettan wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 am I nominate user shane from r/Toolband as Tool fan of the year.
Would that be me lol? I am on there. Why nominate me? I don’t know whether to take that as a good or bad thing.
That'd be you! I'm just joking around, what HB said is true - your optimism cracks me up in a good way.
nameloc01
Maynard Believer

Post by nameloc01 »

Ettan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 am The Q&A that TA used is from an IEM from this year, the full thing (was) uploaded to soundcloud. It's not in circulation for a good reason.

right and wrong .. right..and wrong.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

nameloc01 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm
Ettan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 am The Q&A that TA used is from an IEM from this year, the full thing (was) uploaded to soundcloud. It's not in circulation for a good reason.

Interesting, I'll let it be a mystery. Saw "U" post it on soundcloud and just drew my own conclusions.
nameloc01
Maynard Believer

Post by nameloc01 »

Ettan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm
nameloc01 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Interesting, I'll let it be a mystery. Saw "U" post it on soundcloud and just drew my own conclusions.
I did..I just took it down a day or so ago.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Damn. Was searching for it right after someone said it was on there. Would've loved to have heard it. Oh well.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The 'Respectful Remasters' version of Undertow is the tits

Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Very generous on the reverb ... might need to give it a spin on proper speakers but didn't sound great in the car stereo
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times if you can play youtube videos on your fucking car stereo
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm guessing you know how to play a youtube video on your phone? Plug auxiliary cable to phone and bask in your year 2000 model car stereos below average 2 front door cracked sounding minimal bass speakers
Listen to All Them Witches
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm The 'Respectful Remasters' version of Undertow is the tits

No "Disgustipated"? lol
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... ressi.html

Edit:Sorry if this is old news

Edit 2: It is old news it's from May lol Nice to hear a bit about the recording process though.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... ressi.html

Edit:Sorry if this is old news

Edit 2: It is old news it's from May lol Nice to hear a bit about the recording process though.
@Tool User - Why in the literal fuck are you posting shit from Ultimate-Guitar? UG and AltNation stalk these forums looking for shit to re-post as "news" for their bullshit websites. Did you not just read about a page up where they took a hellboy forum post and presented it as news on both fucking websites?

Fuck UG. Fuck AltNation.

Oh and fuck Tool for being lazy fucks.
The most intelligent person on this forum
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Mog's Inferno: Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

If ole Jimbo isn't done vocals mastering doesn't happen until February which means album isn't out until June with July being more realistic. April is already dead. The only hope for May was mastering starting in early January.
Last edited by M0G on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

You know it matches though. Maynard likes to do a final recording before the master starts. And didn't Blair mention something about a Mantis a few newsletters back? They ALWAYS have code names for their early recordings.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

Bouncing Arab?

At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ, there was not long ago a Tool rumor going around started by one of the "metal" guys (who lives three months of the year in LA) that one track had the working title of "Stasis".

Does sound kind of Toolish....?

Lazy bastards that they are.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

Bouncing Arab?

At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ, there was not long ago a Tool rumor going around started by one of the "metal" guys (who lives three months of the year in LA) that one track had the working title of "Stasis".

Does sound kind of Toolish....?

Lazy bastards that they are.

:|
It fits as well. The mini song they have been playing over the last few years is called Descending. Statis. Mantis. I can't be the only one that sees the correlation.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Wait you didn't know that? Crazy ass ultra indie noise experimental Merzbow special shit. You know how Cal gets down.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Wow you're a DJ?
Yes. Here in Melbourne. I'm a radio DJ. I do the graveyard shift. So I get to play weird shit.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
shane1333
Maynard Believer

Post by shane1333 »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
AKA spring 2018 out
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

shane1333 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

AKA spring 2018 out
Na sounds like his source was trying to quell expectations a bit. Maynard not done vocals until January means Mastering doesn't start until February, possibly March. Summer release confirmed.
shane1333
Maynard Believer

Post by shane1333 »

M0G wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm
shane1333 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm

AKA spring 2018 out
Na sounds like his source was trying to quell expectations a bit. Maynard not done vocals until January means Mastering doesn't start until February, possibly March. Summer release confirmed.
They don’t do summer releases. Maynard said best time to release is spring or fall.