Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan »

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Those animations are a little rough. IMO, they should go back to stop motion/practical effects. I'd also love to see some traditional 2D animation, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

looks like just additional footage from the main website animation that has been there for years. I would hope they have NEW animations for a new album, not just release previously unseen animations from 2006.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm Those animations are a little rough. IMO, they should go back to stop motion/practical effects. I'd also love to see some traditional 2D animation, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
I think a mix of styles is the way to go. I'd like to see some more stop motion, but the reality is that Adam generally does it, and the last 13 years have been so full of songwriting he just hasn't found the time.

I don't think this CGI is any real indication of what the new album art will be like.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I agree. A mix is probably the best approach, and I don't think these animations reflect the new album either. But I'm a scrooge with cgi in general, and I have a feeling that cgi will dominate Tool's visuals for the foreseeable future. Adam seems to have taken a liking to it, for better or worse.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm
gamebounty wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm Those animations are a little rough. IMO, they should go back to stop motion/practical effects. I'd also love to see some traditional 2D animation, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
I think a mix of styles is the way to go. I'd like to see some more stop motion, but the reality is that Adam generally does it, and the last 13 years have been so full of songwriting he just hasn't found the time.

I don't think this CGI is any real indication of what the new album art will be like.
I'm fairly certain this may make Mogs head explode.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm I agree. A mix is probably the best approach, and I don't think these animations reflect the new album either. But I'm a scrooge with cgi in general, and I have a feeling that cgi will dominate Tool's visuals for the foreseeable future. Adam seems to have taken a liking to it, for better or worse.
I don't disagree, good CGI is great, but not sure Tool have the budget for much of it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pretty sure Adam's been working on a Tool theme park, 46&2 Roller Coaster, Stinkfist Slip & Slide, Hooker with a House of Horrors etc
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

In that case, put me down for 2 admissions on the jerk off children's playground & one for the 3D aenima simulator ride thanks mate
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

No love for the Prison Sex Petting Zoo?
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Nah I hear that rides a real pain in the arse to be honest
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:10 am Ah, so you're the flutist.
I always took him as more of a flautist or maybe a fluter.
Professor of Lesbian Science
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

DC's playing with Doug Webb at The Baked Potato tonight, so someone should go and ask him some more questions. What questions do we want him to answer?
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

When will the theme park be open?
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 pm When will the theme park be open?
Nice. I would have asked that just for you, unfortunately the 9:30 show is sold out...so not gonna make it.

Hopefully someone attending gets to ask him a few questions and shares some good info.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

You could have asked him if he used 602s on the new album. I hope they have a Spiral Out merry-go-round at the theme park
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

You could also have a Learn to Swim wading pool and a Schism puzzle corner for the kids. With a transvestite and a six-armed demonic priest as mascots, along with all of the characters from the music videos walking around.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nice sleuthing Norm. Would have loved to catch that show.
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:10 am Nice sleuthing Norm. Would have loved to catch that show.
The weeknight shows can be a bit difficult for me to get to, but if there's one on a Friday or Saturday night you can bet on me being there. Always a good time.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

is the Tool Army section of the site all fucked up for anyone else? I'm "logged in" and displaying as such, but all the Tool Army content is still grayed out and if I try to click something is says I "must be a member to view it."
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm is the Tool Army section of the site all fucked up for anyone else? I'm "logged in" and displaying as such, but all the Tool Army content is still grayed out and if I try to click something is says I "must be a member to view it."
You're not alone.

I emailed Fullscreen Direct on Jan. 11th, they responded on Jan. 16th and asked for screenshots of the issues/errors, and I replied to them on Jan 17th. Just waiting for a reponse/resolution at this point.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

You know I have been trying to work on my general level of hate lately. Being angry all the time is tiring. I saw the Danny post and I thought April and then listened to a couple of Tool songs and started to soften up a bit on my anti-Tool stance and then I see NX post...and now...it's...maybe May. You see it might be petty that I care about what might amount to weeks and quite frankly I don't give a damn. It is the same pattern of behavior from this band. The lack of professionalism is hard to process. How in the hell do you not know the release date if the album is done and it is almost February?

A part of me wants to listen to this new album. A part of me absolutely despises what Tool has become and doesn't want to support them in any way, shape or form. Not sure which one will win out in the end. I suppose for all of you at least, I can only say I am happy that the finish line does seem to be in sight and I do sincerely hope the album will end up being worth the wait.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:39 pm I saw the Danny post and I thought April and then listened to a couple of Tool songs and started to soften up a bit on my anti-Tool stance and then I see NX post...and now...it's...maybe May. You see it might be petty that I care about what might amount to weeks and quite frankly I don't give a damn. It is the same pattern of behavior from this band. The lack of professionalism is hard to process. How in the hell do you not know the release date if the album is done and it is almost February?

It will come out in neither of the above listed months. Remember, this is the same doofus, with the same "surfer dude" moronic idiosyncrasies who assured us a year ago it would "100% be out this year".

Just sit back back and wait for Maynard to completely debunk what his Royal Cluelessness has put out there with a single Tweet. Any day now.

A part of me wants to listen to this new album. A part of me absolutely despises what Tool has become and doesn't want to support them in any way, shape or form. Not sure which one will win out in the end.

A part of me wants to admit Michael Moore may have a point. Another part of me wants to lower him into a volcano.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm
M0G wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:39 pm I saw the Danny post and I thought April and then listened to a couple of Tool songs and started to soften up a bit on my anti-Tool stance and then I see NX post...and now...it's...maybe May. You see it might be petty that I care about what might amount to weeks and quite frankly I don't give a damn. It is the same pattern of behavior from this band. The lack of professionalism is hard to process. How in the hell do you not know the release date if the album is done and it is almost February?

It will come out in neither of the above listed months. Remember, this is the same doofus, with the same "surfer dude" moronic idiosyncrasies who assured us a year ago it would "100% be out this year".

Just sit back back and wait for Maynard to completely debunk what his Royal Cluelessness has put out there with a single Tweet. Any day now.

A part of me wants to listen to this new album. A part of me absolutely despises what Tool has become and doesn't want to support them in any way, shape or form. Not sure which one will win out in the end.

A part of me wants to admit Michael Moore may have a point. Another part of me wants to lower him into a volcano.
Let's leave politics out of this Cal. You and I are on opposite sides of the fence and that will never change. I have stopped taking shots at Trump, the GOP and Conservatives in general to keep the peace. Let's not junk up this thread. I have been guilty of it too many times.

As for tweets I have nothing more to say. I will never understand, nor agree with, the way Tool operates but it is what it is and the reality is that an album is coming. Whether or not I will purchase it or even listen to it is another matter entirely. Regardless let's keep the thread positive. Most here don't particularly care whether it is April or June and I respect that position no matter what I think about it personally.
The most intelligent person on this forum