Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Sprout wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:02 pm Is Tool Army bugged ATM? Signed in, but the TA stuff is asking to sign in again.
Toolarmy has been semi-broken for me for a while now (blurred text and such). Amateur hour continues on the Tool websites.
Looks like the issue has been fixed for me: I have access to the three Tool Army News posts, the New Post button, and can view posts with pictures in them again.

If you're still having issues, definitely send an email to fsdsupport@fullscreen.net for help.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Am I the only one who finds the extended Opiate version fairly boring and unnecessary? I dont hate it, but it just doesnt really add anything to the song for me. Be interesting to see a clip for it when it does see the light of day, just always wondered why chose that over say Die Dier Von Satan.
Listen to All Them Witches
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^I enjoy the segue-like jam quality of the extended section, but I don't think it really fits with the original song. Still looking forward to seeing that video with a new studio version of the song though.

What if they end up including this extended Opiate as a "new" song on the upcoming album? Unnecessary speculation, but...it's good to be prepared.

I definitely prefer that Descending tune, and looking forward to hearing how it's incorporated into the new album.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah that's what I mean by unnecessary. It just doesnt seem to flow at all like say stinkfist extended does.just seems completely out of place in the context of the song to me.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pm Am I the only one who finds the extended Opiate version fairly boring and unnecessary? I dont hate it, but it just doesnt really add anything to the song for me. Be interesting to see a clip for it when it does see the light of day, just always wondered why chose that over say Die Dier Von Satan.
I agree for the most part, but since it's a thing I'm keen to hear it (and in particular the video)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:07 pm
What if they end up including this extended Opiate as a "new" song on the upcoming album? Unnecessary speculation, but...it's good to be prepared.
Well I didn't want to spoil it for anyone but my sources have told me the new album is just old songs reworked, you've heard the different schism, stinkfists and opiate, well they also changed a few others, that's what they have been working on for the past decade, not new new music.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah Hboy, of course I'll be keen to see the vid, just pointing out that remix has never really vibed with me.

And tyson, I look forward to seeing this scoop printed on loud wire.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Idk that doesn't jive with what I heard...

Something about Smoke on the Water 2...
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Regarding Opiate being on the new album - I suspect if it were then someone who'd heard the album likely would have mentioned it. I don't think we have anything to worry about in that regards.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I’d forgotten the Opiate rework, video, and the “curveball” were a thing.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm
Looks like the issue has been fixed for me: I have access to the three Tool Army News posts, the New Post button, and can view posts with pictures in them again.

If you're still having issues, definitely send an email to fsdsupport@fullscreen.net for help.
I know I can contact those people to fix it, I shouldn't have to though. Surely the same fix they apply to people complaining about the issue (of which I suspect there are plenty) they can apply to everyone? Just sounds like flat out incompetence to me.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

Until we have something concrete officially announced it's hard to get excited. I was hoping after all this time we'd be getting a double album and that now seems extremely unlikely.

I'm not sure whose enthusiasm is lower, mine or Maynards.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

More often than not a double albums bound to have some filler on it. I'm happy with a solid one disc album. Saying that I dont see any clues that rules out a double album? Not that I'm expecting one
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:23 pm More often than not a double albums bound to have some filler on it...

So profound!! Such insight!

What are you doing hanging around here? The lecture halls on the university circuit beckon, surely?

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Nicked wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 am they may be saving everything except their last album they are obligated to release under their contract with Volcano. If they did that then they would be able keep all of the profits from the sales of the Opiate music video & The Pot music video. I have read before that they have recorded most of their concerts as well. I think its likely that we will see some random tool stuff coming out more often when they are out of their shitty record deal.
In the Toolarchive video, Adam is quoted saying that the Opiate video will come out before the album, but plans change and that wasn't an official announcement. Maybe they decided to put all of the focus on getting the album done so that everyone can stop nagging them about it. Imagine if they did announce a Salival part 2. There is no telling how people would react after all this time. I wish they would though. I am almost more excited to see what would be on another Salival album and what else they will possibly release after they get this record out. Let the floodgates open!
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

SoMuchChub wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 pm Until we have something concrete officially announced it's hard to get excited. I was hoping after all this time we'd be getting a double album and that now seems extremely unlikely.

I'm not sure whose enthusiasm is lower, mine or Maynards.
It's easy to get excited. It's easy to temper that excitement with reasonable expectations though, and my expectation is that until we get a formal release date, there is no release.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:23 pm More often than not a double albums bound to have some filler on it...

So profound!! Such insight!

What are you doing hanging around here? The lecture halls on the university circuit beckon, surely?

:|
Yeah shit grammar on my part.

Question, do you go out of your way to be unlikable or it just comes naturally?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I believe he's just sprayin piss, seeing who will come sniffin around..

As far as an Opiate video or remaster, I couldnt care less at this point. Barely interested when they first announced it.. years ago?

I'd still like to hear a new album though. Someone yell when we get a date.
also, Avatar!
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

children wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:38 pm
Nicked wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:58 am they may be saving everything except their last album they are obligated to release under their contract with Volcano. If they did that then they would be able keep all of the profits from the sales of the Opiate music video & The Pot music video. I have read before that they have recorded most of their concerts as well. I think its likely that we will see some random tool stuff coming out more often when they are out of their shitty record deal.
In the Toolarchive video, Adam is quoted saying that the Opiate video will come out before the album, but plans change and that wasn't an official announcement. Maybe they decided to put all of the focus on getting the album done so that everyone can stop nagging them about it. Imagine if they did announce a Salival part 2. There is no telling how people would react after all this time. I wish they would though. I am almost more excited to see what would be on another Salival album and what else they will possibly release after they get this record out. Let the floodgates open!
After the new album I would like to hear a Salival 2, some re-mastered stuff, maybe a decent official remix EP; plenty to keep us ticking over before the new, new album in 2027.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Skinny Puppy and Lustmord remixes would be nice. I don't know of anyone else they worked with. Hopefully they could have NIN or Aphex Twin do some in the future. Maybe Crystal Method. Many possibilities if they are open to more of that. There could be a lot in the vault they have done over the years that they just haven't known what to do with.

I can't wait for a live album or a dozen from them.. a few from each era at least. A few from the Opiate/Undertow days. Then several for each era of Aenima, Lateralus, 10k days. Maybe more like 15 albums. As long we get every song they ever performed live at least twice then it's ok, but thrice or more would be ideal. You want to get the song same from the different time periods to see how they played it differently over the years, and if you can get the same song from the same time period multiple times well that's ok too because you can never have enough live Tool material. If they had a recording of literally every show they have ever played, I would welcome it with open arms.

At this point we would be lucky to get just another few live tracks and some unreleased studio material like Salival had, which is maybe my favorite thing to listen to of theirs. That live Third Eye and Pushit never cease to amaze me, and You Lied and No Quarter rock really hard. Part of Me is great too, but Merkaba might be one of my favorite things they ever did. I would like to get it on a live album as an intro to Sober like they used to do.

If Third Eye sounds as good as it does in the live version, it makes me excited to hear how the Lateralus/10k days eras are going to sound. I mean I have seen them live so I can imagine but those are going to be the greatest live albums ever made. Salival I guess is sort of the greatest live album ever at this point, even though it isn't exactly a real live album. It is more like a live EP and a rarity/bonus EP put together, which is really cool but leaves me wanting so much more, like pretty much the entire Aenima record.

I can't believe we haven't gotten a live version of Stinkfist or Forty Six and 2 or Aenema. It's like they were teasing us because they knew the world wasn't ready for it. I wanna be able to hear a live version of H and Jimmy and Eulogy and Hooker and a regular Pushit version and several others versions of Third Eye; then we get into Lateralus and 10k days and it just becomes more of mind fuck to think about how great the live versions will be.

We will see what we end up getting. For now at least we have Salival and Tales from the Dark Side and a few live tracks from the singles.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:00 pm It's easy to get excited.
This is me all the time... I honestly thought that we would hear something more than a book release in today's newsletter. I saw your post on reddit and it makes perfect sense that it would not be for BMB to announce the release date. I do however think it would be cool if Adam etc were to use their social media platforms to make the initial announcements (so fans could lose their shit a bit) then have that flood through the more traditional media channels.

I am keen to see the Opiate video if and when it is released. I am getting a bit excited though :) ...
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

children wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 amyada yada yada
I agree with you on Salival, interesting the songs they chose in retrospect and the choices I've never heard one Tool fan complain about.

If I'm going to be honest I rate it higher than Lateralus and 10,000 days, it's like their goodbye to the Aenima era.

Remixes are so so unnecessary with Tool songs imo.
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Remixes are a tricky thing with Tool songs. I thought the Lustmord mixes for Parabola and Schism were done tastefully but were done to the point where you could barely recognize the song and it became purely ambient but still beautiful. The only other artists I have heard a remix from was I thought Skinny Puppy, but I was just watching this video of a Stinkfist remix where people are saying it was really Dave Ogilvie and some other guy and the real artist actually commented on it saying that apparently him and Dave are Skinny Puppy. Then he goes on to say that he hopes Tool will release that one and the other few they were paid by Tool to make. Here it is. It's actually done very well. Stinkfist works as a remix I think.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I liked all the Tool remixes, but I can't think of the last time I've listened to one. Probably over 10 years ago.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

What are the other remixes besides the ones I mentioned? I would like a link or something if there is one.