Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 am Prawns shrimp they all look the fuckin same! Fuck yeah I lived there for over a year before they booted me out. I remember when I arrived they asked if I had any previous convictions. Didn't realise you still needed any!
That's fucking gold mate!

And yeah ya got me Tyson.. few sneaky Monday coopers and red wines gets ya every time mate
Listen to All Them Witches
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

every 2-3 months an information piece presented by a twitter or instagram or interview bit by members or tom morello or kirk hammett, photos of secret mastering meetings and stuff like that, this past 1-2 years is just even more bizarre, this whole waiting for this big legendary album is like a big event in its own.... they should just print a blank cd telling: project on it whatever you got in you... would be so arty
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool_User wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 am I remember when I arrived they asked if I had any previous convictions. Didn't realise you still needed any!
:lol:
Canned audience laughter
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Hopefully we get another update soon. The longer the wait, the more I fear no new music at upcoming tour.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I got a random e-mail from clinic@toolband.com about my merch that had been damaged in shipping from the Music Clinic last May. They asked for an order number and said they are working on "pending packages". I was fully expecting to never hear from them again since the last time i spoke with them was in Aug. They had acknowledged the issue and seemed like they were going to ship it to me then I just got radio silence. I'm happy to be getting my shirt replaced at least, but very random. Maybe they will ship that new album with it HAHA.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Man that's a piss poor effort to take that long. Junior do you know if the band are aware of these delays or if they even care?

When it comes to delays with new albums etc I understand if they feel they dont have to apologise or offer explanations but when they're taking their fans hard earned and not delivering on that, then that's a totally different thing
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Shit, I finally was able to login.. Please rest assured that I've been lurking daily.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I cant post to the blog as of yet, but do yourself a favor everyone and go to the TOOL DRIVE PROJECT and listen to track 8 from their show on 7-25-92 Hollywood Palladium.

Track 8... and enjoy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Wow, it's like I'm actually there
Canned audience laughter
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

lachrymologist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:24 pm I cant post to the blog as of yet, but do yourself a favor everyone and go to the TOOL DRIVE PROJECT and listen to track 8 from their show on 7-25-92 Hollywood Palladium.

Track 8... and enjoy
That website is still live? What's the address? The old link I used to use has been dead for years.

EDIT:
Guess I should read the blog more lol
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

tys0n wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:46 pm Wow, it's like I'm actually there
I know right, especially when your asshole friends have to tell you its Tool time
specialk
Bronco's Fan

Post by specialk »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:10 pm
That website is still live? What's the address? The old link I used to use has been dead for years.
Dude, we have have been alive this whole time.... just not making much noise, slowly doing updates, all that jazz. We FINALLY had a couple of people who knew their shit do an impressive overhaul on the website. It should be much easier to do updates, and keep your drive updated. Just in time for the new tour/album/tour cycle...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ specialk - thanks for all you guys do. That’s a killer resource you’re providing. I’ve been a fan for years.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:03 pm @ specialk - thanks for all you guys do. That’s a killer resource you’re providing. I’ve been a fan for years.
I wholeheartedly second this notion.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 pm Man that's a piss poor effort to take that long. Junior do you know if the band are aware of these delays or if they even care?

When it comes to delays with new albums etc I understand if they feel they dont have to apologise or offer explanations but when they're taking their fans hard earned and not delivering on that, then that's a totally different thing

They sent me another incomplete "family photo" from the evening. I don't know why I was surprised, at least they are sending me a shirt... I'm not even expecting to see that honestly.

I doubt the band knows or cares about these types of things, but it is annoying. Oh well.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

That's fucked mate. Be mysterious and all that but Don't rape ya fans.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, that sucks for you guys. paying 500 and getting half ass treatment,taking this long is unprofessional. Toolarmy started off ok but mostly sucked as time went on and its even shittier now so im not surprised by this although its not right. i know it doesnt matter if your on Toolarmy to get VIP but same thing really. dont fall for that either. it starts off on Toolarmy but it never sells out and the remaining tickets get thrown out for anyone that just visits toolband.com
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I don't get why they would send out a photo that 1/3 of it is cut off and black... Why not just say there was an issue and there is no photo, or crop out the black... I had pretty much forgot about the situation then, out of the blue, they come back and open the wound haha.

At the bottom of the e-mail it said "please note this is the only photo we have from the event". I saw at least 3 people taking photos during the event, not just this one staged photo.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's definitely super poor effort and quality control but... part of me has just come to love the Spinal Tap-esque comedy of how badly they flail at all the fansite/merch kind of shit. You have to just laugh at some point.
Nicked
Maynard Believer

Post by Nicked »

They once sent me a signed photo of the band for free for buying something from the web store during a certain time period. i will post the photo later. I havent seen the photo anywhere else. It looks like Adam Jones is levitating and Maynard is wearing a weird camo looking onesie.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Unless something changed (and I seriously doubt it has), “Merch” is just one dude. That’s a lot to handle for just one person. It’s puzzling because there are apparently loads of peeps wanting to throw money at Tool merch, and if they just hired a solid team they would make a killing and keep their fans happy. Seems to be a common theme with the band. The focus is clearly on the music, so that’s the positive take away I guess.
Ki77aan :twisted:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Seems to me someone (Adam) is a control freak and wants to keep everything in house.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

In house is all good and well, but in house doesn't have to mean incompetent. Taking almost 12 months to respond to a customer service query is a sign of a merchandise department that needs serious review. Sadly this is not a one off, issues raised by Tool fans regarding the service from their online store have been ongoing for years.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Remove your love of the band away from this and think about it. Its down right fraudulent and dodgy business practice. I'd be getting my Erin brochovich on if this were me screaming where's my elephant until I got what i damn well deserved
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:26 pm Remove your love of the band away from this and think about it. Its down right fraudulent and dodgy business practice. I'd be getting my Erin brochovich on if this were me screaming where's my elephant until I got what i damn well deserved
It's hard to get that angry when it hasn't actually happened to you. I don't think anyone is in denial that it's not shitty practice.