Tool March 2013 Newsletter released

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

children said

badkittygothgirl said

children said
Your hatred for Blair doesn't change the fact that he can write well...

That is highly debatable and by debatable, I mean there is not a single TooL fan that would agree with your assessment.  The thought that generally runs through people's heads when attempting to read Blair speak is....

Do you think Blair does that by accident? He is trying to confuse people. It's all part of the "mystery". Why do you think TOOL made him their webmaster?

A grown man trying to create mystery by writing like a potato.

That's thoroughly embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing that you find it all so compelling.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

children said
Some of you have no sense of humor, or maybe you are too dumb to realize when you are the ones being laughed at.

Many here have no sense of humour when it comes to Blair- unless he delivers Tool news they're not interested, and arguing with them is like pissing in the wind.  Please stop.

We have a sense of humour - we just don't find unfunny people funny.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

I wouldn't say he's compelling, but he sure makes me giggle. His pretentious irony is hilarious. He is the most sarcastic motherfucker on the planet.

I'm sorry, Hellboy. That's all i have to say. I will stop meow...
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I don't mind Blair at all.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

crow011 said

children said

badkittygothgirl said

children said
Your hatred for Blair doesn't change the fact that he can write well...

That is highly debatable and by debatable, I mean there is not a single TooL fan that would agree with your assessment.  The thought that generally runs through people's heads when attempting to read Blair speak is....

Do you think Blair does that by accident? He is trying to confuse people. It's all part of the "mystery". Why do you think TOOL made him their webmaster?

A grown man trying to create mystery by writing like a potato.

That's thoroughly embarrassing. It's even more embarrassing that you find it all so compelling.

Aahaahaa!  A potato!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Blair can only be who he is, otherwise he wouldn't be himself
Hey! Denty!
snaggle
Maynard Believer

Post by snaggle »

It's a fucking April fools joke you monkeys. Hellboy how can you post your own, then fall for another's? Come on dude, "think for yourself, question..." Joooooooooooooooooooooooke.
snaggle
Maynard Believer

Post by snaggle »

Yes and the energy drink commercial. How is it not obvious this is a joke? Some silly silly ppl around here.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snaggle said
Yes and the energy drink commercial. How is it not obvious this is a joke? Some silly silly ppl around here.

I don't think it's obvious it's a joke.  That's not to say it isn't though.  My gut feeling is that it's not a joke, but then again I've been a fool in the past, and no doubt will also be in the future...
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

snaggle said

I don't think it's obvious it's a joke.  That's not to say it isn't though.  My gut feeling is that it's not a joke, but then again I've been a fool in the past, and no doubt will also be in the future...

it's April 2nd now, you can stop running with this. they've had the loft for what, almost 10,000 days? the day there's a huge fire that burns everything important to their long delayed new album happens on April fools day? come on. stop it.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

If it's an April fool's then surely he would have gone further... maybe a fire burning up a hard drive containing the entirity of the new album so they have to start again from scratch...

Loosing the middle parts of one song... pretty lame April fool's. Which makes me think it's real
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

BellJH said
If it's an April fool's then surely he would have gone further... maybe a fire burning up a hard drive containing the entirity of the new album so they have to start again from scratch...

Loosing the middle parts of one song... pretty lame April fool's. Which makes me think it's real

I agree. If it is an A.Fs day joke, it's certainly a testament to his amazing writing skills and creative output.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
I don't mind Blair at all.

What a shock.

Nostrenominon
Maynard Believer

Post by Nostrenominon »

When you say "April 1st, 2013" out loud you say the month first, the day, then the year. How is 4/1/13 any different? If anyone is backwards is the bloddy buggering wankers over seas.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Nostrenominon said
When you say "April 1st, 2013" out loud you say the month first, the day, then the year. How is 4/1/13 any different? If anyone is backwards is the bloddy buggering wankers over seas.

Calm down. Not every culture is the same. An argument could be made for those who say "First of April, 2013."

On somewhat of a topic, by the way, doesn't that gold seal thingy buzz is holding look like a credit card to anyone else? Maybe they're giving 1/5th of the profits from the sales to each lucky recipient?

hahahahaha one can dream.

SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrass said

Nostrenominon said

Calm down. Not every culture is the same. An argument could be made for those who say "First of April, 2013."

On somewhat of a topic, by the way, doesn't that gold seal thingy buzz is holding look like a credit card to anyone else? Maybe they're giving 1/5th of the profits from the sales to each lucky recipient?

hahahahaha one can dream.

And two can dance!

Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Yessssss
SteveBobSteve
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

what does the baroness situation have to do with this? they were in a bus crash touring in europe. two of those guys had to quit the band bc they are physically/mentally/emotionally unable to keep making music.

somewhat related and somewhat off topic, but baizley is awesome and did the art for the new kveletrak album, which is also pretty awesome.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrass said
Yessssss

Don't mow your lawn
lucidcandle
Bronco's Fan

Post by lucidcandle »

i thought this was an obvious april fool's joke but against my better judgment drove past the loft just to make sure and it is pretty fucked up. of course there's no way to know about the hard drive but in light of the evidence i'd say its probably true. maybe all their april's fools gags came back to haunt them.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

lucidcandle said
i thought this was an obvious april fool's joke but against my better judgment drove past the loft just to make sure and it is pretty fucked up. of course there's no way to know about the hard drive but in light of the evidence i'd say its probably true. maybe all their april's fools gags came back to haunt them.

Elaborate, please?  You saw some actual evidence of fire damage from out front?
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

STALKER ALERT!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

I really wouldn't worry too much about this.  I suspect this is still april fools related.  Even if there was a fire do you really think the only place they would store parts of a new song is on one hard drive?  On top of that, while I have criticized their work ethic at times, I would never criticize them (Adam, Justin, and Danny) as musicians. They are top notch and I highly doubt they would have just forgotten an entire section of an "epic" song that they have been working on for some time.  If there was a set back we are talking days, not weeks or months, and seeing as the Loft is being renovated anyway, this is all just a moot point.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

A quick trip to the google didn't turn up any reports of structure fires in the la/hollywood/burbank/studio city/tuolca lake/etc. area on sunday night/monday morning.  maybe the bands management paid the media and fire responders to not report it.

Unless of course "the loft" is this big ass mansion that basically burned to the ground on like Saturday.
I like to poop naked.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

mogeffingmog said
I really wouldn't worry too much about this.  I suspect this is still april fools related.  Even if there was a fire do you really think the only place they would store parts of a new song is on one hard drive?

I wouldn't put it past them. Didn't Danny loose a whole load of new drum tracks because of a computer crash a year or so ago?