Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:55 pm Dunno man I don't care what they say Tool's message has never meant anything to me. Maynard's lyrics are mostly interesting and his performance is almost always solid but Tool, for me at least, has always been about the music. The lyrical theme just don't care. Maynard can pull a King Crimson and sing about cat food as long as he sounds good and the music is dope.
Part of Tools appeal to me is his lyrics so couldn't disagree more but thats all good. I got no doubts he'll bring some quality to the party.

Killongjoke I reckon in hindsight your song theme prediction will end up being hilariously accurate and Tyson I'm hoping for the same. Surely after 13 years he's gonna have a dig at the band and fans.
Listen to All Them Witches
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I respect how nobody has corrected my misspelling of Loudwire. Honestly.
Don't mow your lawn
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Anytime I read the words loudwire or anything similar my mind just ignores what ever is said.

I also have no idea how they got my email address, strange.
Canned audience laughter
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

Soooooo I recently talked again with the afore-mentioned acquaintance who heard an incomplete version of the album. He seemed pretty blown away by what he heard, saying it might be his favorite Tool album based on just a couple of listens to an unfinished album. So that's pretty cool.
Last edited by purplepanther777 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

purplepanther777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:49 pm He seemed pretty blown away by what he heard, saying it might be his favorite Tool album based on just a couple of listens to an unfinished album. So that's pretty cool.
Wow, that’s a big statement. Please tell us more
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 pm
purplepanther777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:49 pm He seemed pretty blown away by what he heard, saying it might be his favorite Tool album based on just a couple of listens to an unfinished album. So that's pretty cool.
Wow, that’s a big statement. Please tell us more
Please
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

All I can think to say is "What a time to be alive!!"
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Who are these acquaintances and sources who claim to have heard the album? Sounds like a whole lot of caca to me. Just doesn’t seem credible. If it is by all means that’s cool. I don’t mind the clean singing anyways, I doubt anyone expects MJK to belt out like he used to.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

He already said his acquaintance is a musician that has opened for Tool before. As we get closer to hopefully a May release date, It's not that incredible to believe that at this point the album is getting a proper listen from Tool's inner circle of friends.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

You know, he just said basically that he sees now why it had to take so long to make the album in order for it to be what it is. I have no idea what that means, but you know Tool is such an emotional thing by nature and this guy struggled to be specific. But clearly he had been moved by what he heard and was visibly excited as he recalled specific parts and songs that stood out to him. But yeah, he said it's totally worth the wait (as have others who have heard it and reported as much on social media). We will all see for ourselves soon enough (except the unlucky bastards who die between then and now lol), but it's so close now that we might as well just be excited it's about to happen and just quit our jobs and start taking acid and smoking dmt to get in the right head space to hear it lol (but seriously lol). I can't tell you who gave me this vague but nevertheless exciting information... I feel like I shouldn't have reported any of it honestly, but I'm so fucking excited about this album and so full of love for Tool that I couldn't resist sharing it with the tribe haha
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

purplepanther777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:49 pm You know, he just said basically that he sees now why it had to take so long to make the album in order for it to be what it is. I have no idea what that means, but you know Tool is such an emotional thing by nature and this guy struggled to be specific. But clearly he had been moved by what he heard and was visibly excited as he recalled specific parts and songs that stood out to him. But yeah, he said it's totally worth the wait (as have others who have heard it and reported as much on social media). We will all see for ourselves soon enough (except the unlucky bastards who die between then and now lol), but it's so close now that we might as well just be excited it's about to happen and just quit our jobs and start taking acid and smoking dmt to get in the right head space to hear it lol (but seriously lol). I can't tell you who gave me this vague but nevertheless exciting information... I feel like I shouldn't have reported any of it honestly, but I'm so fucking excited about this album and so full of love for Tool that I couldn't resist sharing it with the tribe haha
Thank you... seriously
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm as excited as a middle-aged man, with deteriorating testosterone, can be for hearing this album - - - but I seriously am having a hard time fathoming how it's even possible for anything to be worth a 13 year wait. I guess we will all see/hear very soon. Thanks for the report purplepanther.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:52 pm but I seriously am having a hard time fathoming how it's even possible for anything to be worth a 13 year wait.
I was about to agree then I remembered what I discovered at 13yrs old, definitely worth the wait.

And since that day one forearm has always been slightly bigger than the other.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Touche, Mr. Late Bloomer.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

That's pretty cool
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 pm
Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:52 pm but I seriously am having a hard time fathoming how it's even possible for anything to be worth a 13 year wait.
I was about to agree then I remembered what I discovered at 13yrs old, definitely worth the wait.

And since that day one forearm has always been slightly bigger than the other.
And you've been beating it ever since.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

purplepanther777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:49 pm I couldn't resist sharing it with the tribe haha
Haha
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Who the fuck even gets off on sharing bullshit Tool news anymore? It was a joke 10 years ago. The circle jerk is growing greys
also, Avatar!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 pm I respect how nobody has corrected my misspelling of Loudwire. Honestly.
I can certainly respect that.

Welcome to the Tool Fourtheye forum machine
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Everyone I've spoken to who has heard the album says it's excellent and worth the wait. In fairness,I'd be surprised if they would say otherwise, but I'm optimistic.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Man i'm thankful that we have this forum when I realize the alternative would be r/toolband
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Tell me a time a bands new album hasn't been talked up as one of the greatest things they've ever done. I hope it'll be amazing but take with a grain of salt when they're mates praise the album .
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah, who is going to say 'It's kinda shit to be honest'
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

As hilarious as it would be.

#Livewire catches up with Tom Morello

'Yeah ive heard the new Tool album and man... boy did they really drop the ball. I mean it's not terrible but after all this time you'd think they could have done better'