Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

You mean Loudwire.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah.... i was just trying to not make Uke feel silly but I guess that's gone out the window now hasn't it
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 am Tell me a time a bands new album hasn't been talked up as one of the greatest things they've ever done. I hope it'll be amazing but take with a grain of salt when they're mates praise the album .
that happens sometimes. Martin Gore from Depeche Mode once joked about that pointing out ''thats what im suppose to say,isnt it ?'' and laughed. he gets it and was honest about it.

the peak is over. it happens to most bands. the live shows for music seem to get better (except vocals) and a lot of bands end up playing there older material then anything newer. with Tool i hope its a little different this time around but they do like to stick to certain songs that are long over played :S

there will prob be a lot of ''this is the best album ever'' crap right away. it takes time to know if you really like something unless its awesome right from the first listen. i felt that way about all there other stuff except 10k. i have a feeling this will be better than that and thats my only hope/expectation.

woot!
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

It was reported that Adam is pretty busy with the artwork, apparently Kirk Hammett said so after he talked to Adam on the phone.
I forgot my pen
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

bob wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:58 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 am Tell me a time a bands new album hasn't been talked up as one of the greatest things they've ever done. I hope it'll be amazing but take with a grain of salt when they're mates praise the album .
that happens sometimes. Martin Gore from Depeche Mode once joked about that pointing out ''thats what im suppose to say,isnt it ?'' and laughed. he gets it and was honest about it.

the peak is over. it happens to most bands. the live shows for music seem to get better (except vocals) and a lot of bands end up playing there older material then anything newer. with Tool i hope its a little different this time around but they do like to stick to certain songs that are long over played :S

there will prob be a lot of ''this is the best album ever'' crap right away. it takes time to know if you really like something unless its awesome right from the first listen. i felt that way about all there other stuff except 10k. i have a feeling this will be better than that and thats my only hope/expectation.

woot!
If anything Id say Enimem is by the far most honest about it. I've seen interviews where he's saying he'll likely never ending up topping his early output but will never stop trying. Kudos to him.

Corey Taylor is the funniest. Every new slipknot or stone sour release is the most brutal and heaviest album he's been waiting to make his entire life .
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

There, Their, They’re

Make an effort people.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

My their pressure light came on today. Gonna have to put some there in my theirs sometime soon.
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Jesus look at me go. I really need to keep tabs on my auto correct on here and proof read my posts
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 pm There, Their, They’re

Make an effort people.
Your the best .
Hey! Denty!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Ravenpig wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm
Kittaan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 pm There, Their, They’re

Make an effort people.
Your the best .
All of you are!!! I haven't posted regularly in a while, but I have been here every day. Checking to see if there was any news. Listening to people bitch back and forth about shit I don't care about. While I enjoy reading the banter, we all need to come together and embrace the delicious new music that we are going to receive.

It's a wonderful time to be alive!!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I suggest everyone gets familiar with the 7 stages of grief before the new album drops.
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

tys0n wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 am I suggest everyone gets familiar with the 7 stages of grief before the new album drops.
Pastrami
Squeegee
Tuning Fork
Dump Truck
Red
Yorkshire Puddin’ Pop
And eventually.... Acceptance Speech.

Hi Matt/Lachry!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:46 pm Jesus look at me go. I really need to keep tabs on my auto correct on here and proof read my posts
No need to bother - Kittaan is on the job!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:39 am I suggest everyone gets familiar with the 7 stages of grief before the new album drops.
I'm a Metallica fan and a NSW blues supporter from way back. Disappointment is ingrained in my DNA at this point
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I figure at least half of us will shit on the album, or feel short-changed as soon as it's released.

I remember listening to the leaked Vicarious all this time ago, thinking 'is this it? This is the follow up to Lateralus?'. I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. A week after I had a shiney new disc. And lovely novelty artwork. Photos of the band that, *without a doubt* took waay too fucking long to get just right.

13 years later the scratched up disc is still in my car. The album case is tucked away safely, in a box with other artwork. Because surely, at some point, later on I'm going to want to see this again.

After aenima & lateralus I didn't know what to make of 10000 days. It took a little while. I was spoiled and defensive about those earlier albums, held em so close to my heart that nothing else could measure up, even something new from the band themselves. But I stubbornly, and cautiously, kept listening. And before long it clicked. I fell in love again, and still every time I put the album on it's fresh & heavy & tasty tool goodness.

Whatever direction the music takes, I'm just looking forward to something new from these 4 guys. You've kept us in suspense long enough ~~~
also, Avatar!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

When will we get an official announcement already? Definitely thought we would have something by now. I’m surprised they aren’t already hyping it more at this point, other than adding Roman numerals to an old logo.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:44 pm When will we get an official announcement already? Definitely thought we would have something by now. I’m surprised they aren’t already hyping it more at this point, other than adding Roman numerals to an old logo.
Given their obsessive fan base and the time between drinks, I don't think they really need to hype it. I'd say by leaving everyone hanging they are hyping it more anyway.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Busty's right. Everytime I fucking open the browser on my phone Google recommends some new clickbait bullshit about Tool. The hype is already there.
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 pm Busty's right. Everytime I fucking open the browser on my phone Google recommends some new clickbait bullshit about Tool. The hype is already there.
That's strange. Mine keeps recommending to check out some girl getting punished by her stepdad. Google must be different where I live.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I get the hype thing. Tool doesn’t need to do shit. But when are we going to get something concrete?
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:51 pm
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 pm Busty's right. Everytime I fucking open the browser on my phone Google recommends some new clickbait bullshit about Tool. The hype is already there.
That's strange. Mine keeps recommending to check out some girl getting punished by her stepdad. Google must be different where I live.
This made me laugh.
Busty wins the Internet today!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Wychowski wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:46 pm
This made me laugh.
Hey it's the guy that made the matrix! The sequels sucked btw
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:03 pm

This made me laugh.
To be fair, unfortunately for them, the lady they stole the original from, didn't write sequels.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:03 pm

This made me laugh.
You mean girl.
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

tys0n wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 pm You mean girl.