Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Pimple »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:27 am I will do my best if I can to avoid listening to a shitty bootleg of a recording for the first time if they play new tunes next month
Fuck yeah, I will definitely be doing this, I listened to a few ETE tracks before the album release and way preferred them when I heard the album.

I can't fucking wait till this comes out, I am stoked at how close we are....
Be good to each other.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Did people really believe it was fake or a decoy album when it leaked? I wasn't around in the Tool world back then.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yes. We spent hours arguing that 10,000 days was never going to be the album name. We thought vicarious was just samples from lateralus stitched together and right in two was 46n2 reworked. Everyone wanted lateralus part two and just couldn’t let it go. I see most of the people that were around back then that was involved in the fake theories also think 10k is a bad album so I think it’s safe to assume the hype surrounding it and the decoy rumors over shadowed the release
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wonder how active Tool Navy is right now compared to here.

I obviously left Tool Navy because I found the membership and moderation team immature and puerile.
Canned audience laughter
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Six people including me are over there and you could prob guess them all
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I definitely thought that 10,000 Days was a put-on when it leaked. It really did not click for a while, but eventually I came to appreciate it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The past 5 years I've listened to nothing but 10,000 days while not liking it at first.

Tool won.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:51 am Six people including me are over there and you could prob guess them all
I got no idea who you or anyone else is.

All I remember is some chick called Yoss who had long legs and a sassy mouth.
Canned audience laughter
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

lol some chick
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:28 am I wonder how active Tool Navy is right now compared to here.

I obviously left Tool Navy because I found the membership and moderation team immature and puerile.
Toolnavy is pretty quiet these days on, most that are still Tool fans have moved on.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I can't remember what Tool forums I was lurking or participating in back in 2006. Did this site exist then?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I was not a doubter. I dug 10KD from the first time I heard the leak, about 3 weeks before it was released iirc.

I posted my thoughts here from TA long ago. Yes, I’m gloating.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I don't support leaks I never have but with the way Tool are handling this release date nonsense and the entire fiasco behind this new album delay I would actually get a huge amount of satisfaction if the new album leaked. It would tweak Adam to no end and that would definitely put a smile on my face. #Karma

Of course it isn't gonna happen. Not this time. I imagine they have that thing Fort Knox locked down until it goes to Digital outlets and CD manufacturer and likely some small run of pressing for Vinyl. They likely won't send out the single until a day or two before it is released to radio stations. Captain Control Freak won't let another leak happen.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I went from Tool Army to Tool Navy to Fourtheye. This is the best community of Tool fans that I have associated with since the beginning.

And yes, when 10,000 Days came out it was an absolute shit show around the forums.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:39 am I don't support leaks I never have but with the way Tool are handling this release date nonsense and the entire fiasco behind this new album delay I would actually get a huge amount of satisfaction if the new album leaked. It would tweak Adam to no end and that would definitely put a smile on my face. #Karma

Of course it isn't gonna happen. Not this time. I imagine they have that thing Fort Knox locked down until it goes to Digital outlets and CD manufacturer and likely some small run of pressing for Vinyl. They likely won't send out the single until a day or two before it is released to radio stations. Captain Control Freak won't let another leak happen.
I'd find it hard not to laugh too I must admit. Although I thought it was a given that cds leak as soon as they are sent to the various stores in the week or so leading up to release. Pretty impossible to stop that. I'm not bothered either way I'll wait for the real deal, not because I think I'm taking some higher ground I just enjoy unwrapping the cd and putting it on. I'd never get the same satisfaction listening online to a download or leaked copy.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:15 am The past 5 years I've listened to nothing but 10,000 days while not liking it at first.

Tool won.
What didn't you like about it at first? What do you like about it now?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

rinkwhopper wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:05 am I definitely thought that 10,000 Days was a put-on when it leaked. It really did not click for a while, but eventually I came to appreciate it.
Ditto
tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:15 am The past 5 years I've listened to nothing but 10,000 days while not liking it at first.

Tool won.
Ditto
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I don't think Adams going to get a say on whether the album leaks.a band of this size and an album so heavily anticipated , no way in hell it's not leaking.

I always liked 10K days from the start. Maybe being a bass player helped my appreciation of the album? I naturally gravitate to listening to bass playing in music so Justin's work on Jambi, Wings 2 & the Pot all stood out immediately to me so I was already hooked before Rosetta had kicked in.
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I loved 10,000 Days the first time I heard it. It is a fantastic album. I do not think it is on the same level as Lateralus or Aenima but that isn't really a knock. Those two albums are, in my opinion, in the top 10 all time rock/metal albums ever made list.

I have joked that I expect the new album be at a Lateralus/Aenima level but it would be so incredibly hard to match that level again. If this album ends up being a 10,000 Days or even Undertow level album in terms of quality I will have no complaints.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

We won't even know if the new album is on the level of lateralus or ænima for a few years after it's released.
NowhereFaded
Bronco's Fan

Post by NowhereFaded »

During the times of 10k days I remember frequenting the website toolian.com forums.It’s long gone now. I do specifically remember though that when 10k did leak the consensus of the forum was that it was one half of a double album and last song on 10k days, right in two made it so. 10k days has some of the best songs tool has ever written but as a whole it is not their best album. IMO of coarse.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Tool won.
What didn't you like about it at first? What do you like about it now?
Mainly the production. It was LOUD and NOISY with none of the subtlety of the last two records. To my ears it sounded similar production wise to other albums I heard in the past, which was not at all what I expected from Tool. Then over the years and no new Tool to listen to, I'd find myself throwing on 10,000 days and it started to click. It was Tool, it was loud and noisy, they had always been loud and noisy. They didn't stick to the formula of of a slow slow build up to a cathartic release, the whole thing was a majestic sledge hammer to the face.

I still feel that the track listing is incorrect, with wings for ma reeee/10,000 days being on the first half of the album but how would you move around the songs to make the best flow? Fucked if I know. Maybe that was there intension.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

The Pot should have came after Jambi with 10,000 and Wings ending the album. I believe they originally had Wings last, but changed it last minute.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

One thing that struck me when 10k was released, it didn't sound cohesive. Or it didn't feel like it had a flow. Maybe it's the track order, but probably more to do with following lateralus. All these years later, it's absolutely cohesive, and the sound is solid. It was just different spacing than I had grown used to. The album still feels chunky. Loud, hefty sections next to calm minimal moments. Then again, wasn't that lateralus? And aenima? I love 10k, it was just new & different. A different flow than the last two. Chunky is an appropriate descriptor, and certainly not a bad thing. I can appreciate a chunky tool.

The new music 13 years ago threw me for a loop, & in hindsight I'm glad it did. And I'd bet it will again. Looking forward to it
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

As far as other websites go, Kabir's was my first when it came learning about the band. I didnt contribute to the forums, but around 2000/02, that ancient ass FAQ & everyone's contributions helped fuel my interest in this music & send me head over heels. It was my go to for eating up all I could about the band. Short time later I found 4theye, & it's been my go to for anything tool related. The official site was fun to check into frequent enough to see what Blair had to say, though even that's up in the air these days. But I've been loitering these parts for what feels like a lifetime, & it's always nice to catch the occasional update. Nice to have a long-term spot you can rely on for legitimate info, then jump on the boards & wind some like-infoed shitheads right the fuck up ;p

Thx as always hb
also, Avatar!