Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:20 pm 90 minutes of music plus 30 minutes of dicking around with synths and so on, plus the intermission so they can recover from all the jumping and running around they do

Yeah fair call. Adam especially does go full slipknot on that stage so is only fair.
Listen to All Them Witches
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Never go full slipknot.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bill Hilly wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:09 am Never go full slipknot.
Don't believe me. Ask Sean Penn. Went full retard in I am Sam. Went home from the Oscars empty handed.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pretty sure he went home with Madonna, so I guess your point still stands.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Talk about salt in the wounds
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

A few weeks back someone out of nowhere suggested that deftones May be the American opener for tool and today tool just started following deftones on twitter so there’s that.

I would be a little annoyed considering I jumped on festival tickets and then they followed up with private shows and now may have deftones as an opener for those second sets of shows. The epicenter festival that I’m going to is also now offering tickets for twenty bucks when I paid 120. Wtf.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I got screwed on the Epicenter ticket pricing as well.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Seems really short notice to be adding a support act the calibre of Deftones tbh, so not really buying it just yet.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I love the deftones but they did suck live so I would like to give them another go. Chino was wasssted and I don’t think he even finished. Godsmack, who I don’t even like, killed it live the same night.

Still though, deftones >> 3eeth
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

jackob2545 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am Met Danny tonight which was pretty cool. No Tool talk (can’t go full fanboy). Stumpfest is a pretty awesome gig they’ve set up. While we wait for new Tool, I highly recommend Earthless if you haven’t checked them out.
Stumpfest is a great event. Such a welcoming group of people when I attended in 2015. Glad you went.
go taff!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:36 am A few weeks back someone out of nowhere suggested that deftones May be the American opener for tool and today tool just started following deftones on twitter so there’s that.

I would be a little annoyed considering I jumped on festival tickets and then they followed up with private shows and now may have deftones as an opener for those second sets of shows. The epicenter festival that I’m going to is also now offering tickets for twenty bucks when I paid 120. Wtf.
That is rather shite, I hate that scalpers run the show when it comes to getting tickets nowadays. I wish bands would start taking the initiative on this and help the fans out. I'm not one of those who thinks that bands owe us something but I think we definitely get the shit end of the stick when it comes to this.

Edit- not sure if that's the venue or scalpers doing you over
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

$20 ticket to Epicenter? That's super cheap - are ticket sales that bad?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Must be cuz they originally started it for Friday sales only with korn but now they are doing Saturday sales promoting tool. No Sunday sales for $20 with foo fighters though so I guess you can see where the majority are going to. The Facebook threads are great a lot of unhappy people who paid over 400 for weekend tickets.
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

hellboy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 pm $20 ticket to Epicenter? That's super cheap - are ticket sales that bad?
After a quick search, I couldn't find any tickets available for $20. Someone told me Epicenter had something like a buy one get one free (or buy two get one) promotion a couple months ago.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

The $20 ticket deal seems to only be accessible by ads. I’ve seen them on Instagram and Facebook.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah that was their first deal before the $20 fri or sat. Search for epicenter through FB and follow their page. You should then see nothing but ads for the $20 thing.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I've seen the $20 ad for Epicenter, Rockville and Open Air. Open air is only for the nosebleeds, but the other are GA so i can see where people are getting mad.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Ouuuuu. Ultimate setlist thread!

Flood
Grudge
46&2
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Rosetta Stoned
Intermission
Third Eye
Opiate
Aenima
*Jerk Off
“Casual Fan”
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

New Song
New Song
New Song
New Song
New Song
New Song
New Song
The most intelligent person on this forum
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Might be the first time I ever agree with Mog. Maybe add Rosetta in there.

It will be Really disappointing if we don’t get a new single before these dates, or new material played.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:11 am Might be the first time I ever agree with Mog. Maybe add Rosetta in there.

It will be Really disappointing if we don’t get a new single before these dates, or new material played.
Prepare to be disappointed. I am literally stunned there has been no announcement at all. The album is mastered. It is done. If yet another delay is occurring because of artwork I will be even more stunned. April is flying by with complete radio silence for an album that they started recording last April. It is almost unbelievable to see a band of Tool's music caliber handle things so poorly time and again and let's be frank...they are handling this new album situation horribly.
The most intelligent person on this forum
jackob2545

Post by jackob2545 »

Looks like the setlist for Aftershock in October leaked. Tool headlining on Sunday.

MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

NO surprise here. They are playing almost every DWP festival this year. I don't hate this lineup.
jackob2545

Post by jackob2545 »

Lineup isn’t bad. Won’t beat the 2016 lineup I got to see but Aftershock puts on a pretty solid festival setting. Highly recommend the VIP tickets as you have such good access to both main stages without fighting the crowds. Wife and I did it last time and swore it’s the only way to do festivals anymore.

I find it interesting this is in the fall. I was hoping for a full US new album tour come fall/winter that was arena based. We shall see.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Uh, yeah no that lineup is pretty fucking terrible.
Don't mow your lawn