Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

Don't worry guys, when the album is officially released I'll book some studio time and record some vocals all over the second half of Descending, which by my estimate will be much better than if Maynard had done it in the first place.

Already got some ideas floating around, think Bee Gees.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I can imagine Ascending being an opening track with Descending being the closer. A heavy instrumental part on the back-end of the song would fit as a closer. Another possibility is Ascending/Descending is a two-part song. There has to be something to the A/Descending, which used to be the name of the live jam.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Y’all are just over thinking and over analyzing things. We all are stoked for the new album and I fucking love the 2 new tracks, but until we get the official track listing album name from an official source we won’t know the truth. I for one love that Maynard doesn't contribute in the last have of Descending and really enjoy the other 3 going bonkers for 6 mins. Some of you are new to Mog and just let him vent and don’t let him bug ya. I really like that Mog has enjoyed the new tracks and is back on the Tool train! So stoked for this new album and thanks hellboy for this forum because most of what I read on reddit is garbage and I like what we got going on here
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 pm Y’all are just over thinking and over analyzing things. We all are stoked for the new album and I fucking love the 2 new tracks, but until we get the official track listing album name from an official source we won’t know the truth. I for one love that Maynard doesn't contribute in the last have of Descending and really enjoy the other 3 going bonkers for 6 mins. Some of you are new to Mog and just let him vent and don’t let him bug ya. I really like that Mog has enjoyed the new tracks and is back on the Tool train! So stoked for this new album and thanks hellboy for this forum because most of what I read on reddit is garbage and I like what we got going on here
All hail the chill! :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think back in 2016/2017 or whatever when they first starting playing their little 3 to 4 minute 'trailer' of Descending they listed it as 'A/Descending' possibly because they hadn't quite settled on a name for the song yet.

I agree with the above comment about us over-analyzing this. Song titles and an album title can often be some of the LAST details confirmed by a band, even among themselves first. I wouldn't read too much into any of this.

Descending sounds complete to me as it is now. No need for Maynard to come back in at the end. I think his lyrics/vocals around the climactic 5 minute mark are perfect, especially the "Stay. Alive." part around 5:00. The last little bit at around 5:30 is great too "...walk in order."

His lyrics/vocals at the end of Invincible also fit nicely. Nothing too overstated and he lets the music roll on to hammer the song home. Good stuff.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

mattw wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm I think back in 2016/2017 or whatever when they first starting playing their little 3 to 4 minute 'trailer' of Descending they listed it as 'A/Descending' possibly because they hadn't quite settled on a name for the song yet.
I think there's more to it than that, but of course you are correct in saying that none of us know shit until the official announcement. It's just pure speculation and asshattery at this time.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Love the “stay alive” part. I only listen to the two tracks on headphones because it doesn’t sound as good in my car or on anything else and I always sing that part(way out of tune of course). I agree with the speculation that they didn’t quite know what to call Descending hints the A/Descending on the set lists. Of course we will find out soon, speaking of that, where is the track list and album announcement? Christ we are only 2 and a half months away and crickets. It’s all done, recorded, and in production so they officially know the tracks list and album name so spell the beans boys!

I am really trying hard not to listen to the new tracks to much, hahaha. They are so fucking good and the Birmingham “remastered” songs are the best so far, but nothing like what they will sound on the actual album. So doing my best not to wear them out by listening to them everyday, but I want to listen to them all the time!
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

A/Descending seems more of an artistic decision a la Parobol/a. I think there’s something to the A/ bit and I’m surprised it was forgotten until the last couple pages.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

the chill wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm So doing my best not to wear them out by listening to them everyday, but I want to listen to them all the time!
same here!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm Christ what is with these redditors.
:lol:

Fourtheye will be back to the same 10 or 15 curmudgeons by 2023.
One can only hope. A lot of people drinking the kool aid lately round these parts. I think I even spotted one of those Maynard lovers ugh cringeworthy
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:35 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm Christ what is with these redditors. Descending is Descending. The song they played live is the song you are going to hear on the album. As for the second half Maynard doesn't sing because it isn't necessary. Tool have never been a band that work off of a standard 4/4 chrous/verse etc etc. The first half of the song is constructed for vocals to fit and the lyrics fit well. The second half of the song is a showcase for Justin, Danny and Adam and lyrics would ruin what they are doing there musically. There isn't any room at all for vocals and vocals wouldn't make sense musically in the second half.

Long instrumental sections are nothing new to Tool. Why the lack of vocals on the second half of Descending is problematic for some of you is beyond me.
Crazy to think that a whole new generation is discovering Tool right now, that's gotta be a part of it. About a good third of Pushit and Third Eye are vox-less, Flood's intro is akin to Descending's outro, Triad,.etc.

It is a thing we are old man we are old. Been at this Tool binesss for too long and now all these young whimpersnappers are wandering about with their crazy theories and tomfoolery.

GET OFF MY LAWN
The most intelligent person on this forum
chode
Maynard Believer

Post by chode »

I like tool!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

We’ll find out soon enough how both songs will truly sound. I think there is nothing wrong with wild theories and conversations. As a long time TOOL fan there has always been conspiracies and a whole lot of jibber jabber as TOOL has always been mysterious and never fully giving away anything. Nothing new here. Young, mid age and older TOOL fans these are the times we’ve been waiting for. Looking forward to an announcement about an announcement soon.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

@chill I’ve also limited myself to the new songs as well. It’s a tough task!!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm Don't worry guys, when the album is officially released I'll book some studio time and record some vocals all over the second half of Descending, which by my estimate will be much better than if Maynard had done it in the first place.

Already got some ideas floating around, think Bee Gees.
Exclusive sneak peak of Tysons contribution right here

Listen to All Them Witches
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I agree with HB that we probably will get the announcements after the Europe tour is fin. Patience y’all! We’ve waited 10+ years, surely a few more weeks won’t hurt. I’ve also stopped listening to the two tracks, ready to blow my Tool load in August.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

snazzl3frass wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am I agree with HB that we probably will get the announcements after the Europe tour is fin.
Check out Nostradamus here
Canned audience laughter
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Hey I was right about the twin towers.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Exclusive sneak peak of Tysons contribution right here

[/quote]

Does anyone know what happend after this video. Did the show end or did Maynard go have a quick cry and then came back?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm
mattw wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm I think back in 2016/2017 or whatever when they first starting playing their little 3 to 4 minute 'trailer' of Descending they listed it as 'A/Descending' possibly because they hadn't quite settled on a name for the song yet.
I think there's more to it than that, but of course you are correct in saying that none of us know shit until the official announcement. It's just pure speculation and asshattery at this time.
I agree with Bill... There is something to it for sure. Even as we had been calling the song "Descending" following them playing it live, Junior specifically referred to it as A/Descending when asked about it:
junior wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:27 pm ...A version of it has been there since they started playing the "teaser" of "A/Descending"...
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:10 am
I agree with Bill... There is something to it for sure. Even as we had been calling the song "Descending" following them playing it live, Junior specifically referred to it as A/Descending when asked about it:
junior wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:27 pm ...A version of it has been there since they started playing the "teaser" of "A/Descending"...
To be fair, I was referring to the song that they used to play, not the one they are currently playing.
Plus, I haven't seen any packaging, so no idea what the final name of it will be.
On the current setlists it has been called "Descending", but then the opening song of the night has been spelled "Aenima", so who knows.
The production manager types those up, not the band.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Hah, yeah. Bring on Lateralis. ;)

But agreed, they don't play Aenima.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Wait a minute, if Junior doesn't know the final name of Descending, does he really know the rest of the tracklist? .....Has Chöd really been debunked? :shock:
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Sooo not sure if this is crossing the line but, that little single note jam in place of the fade in/out chord part before Beating tired bones... in Invicible is pretty nasty! One of the coolest little ditties in either tune IMO. Just really begs to qusetion why the are two diffent guitar parts? I think that single note jam fits best just stange he only played it once in Prague. Adam has does this a ton live but usually it is in thier much older tracks let alone an unreleased track. Just kind of fits with the "intramental" second half of Decending line of thinking.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

limeygringo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 am Wait a minute, if Junior doesn't know the final name of Descending, does he really know the rest of the tracklist? .....Has Chöd really been debunked? :shock:
:o
All well Whatever, Nevermind