Tool - is this their last album?

The Main Event
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

Tool - is this their last album?

Post by Hodef »

Maynard said to see them now, due to Tool getting older. Tool did reiterate that they are not quiting until one them dies. However, I'm confused because this article sounds like Tool isn't doing many more European tours in the future. They didn't say any of them is sick, but they warned to see Tool before any of them are dead. Hellboy, I KNOW I SAY this a hundred times... they have the material... i don't care what people say... Im going to hope they make a few more albums before any of them die...
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: A Matter of age

Post by Busty McCracken »

Uhh what article are you referring to mate? Bit of reference and context wouldn't hurt here
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Whenever the opportunity presents to see Meshuggah, Melvin's, FNM, Tool etc I take it. With guys of this age you can never assume you'll get the opportunity again.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

article reference

Post by Hodef »

Alternative nation had an article called a disturbing health announcement.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Did the article reference tool or just assuming it's them?

Also, life happens. Anyone of us could be hit by a bus, have a heart attack, caught in quicksand , be mauled to death by a crazy pack of badgers, have our breath taken away by something beautiful and die of asphyxiation, hell we could walk Into a wall really fast and bump our heads. Ooh or we could die in a nasty cheese grater incident.

Bottom line, no one knows (great song btw) how or when the fuck we are going to die (except maybe nostradumas, that dude was apparently pretty smart or hey have you seen that crazy chick that apparently predicted a bunch of stuff??). So enjoy the fuck out of life and treat each day as your last .
bob
Toast

Re: article reference

Post by bob »

Hodef wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm Alternative nation had an article called a disturbing health announcement.

i'd be reluctant to trust any possible click bait article b.s just cause at a VIP Adam had said one of them got sick and almost died. possibly an exaggerated comment but i dont think they are in ill health. like Busty said you never know what can happen but if i had to guess id ont think anyone in tool is sick. they all look pretty ok to me. playing shows/touring etc etc. all that.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I think it was kind of in response to someone not wanting to go to a certain venue or festival setting. Basically saying it been 12 years since the last time they toured Europe and they might not make it back. I’m looking forward to a few shows this fall but they have some ground to cover as well touring this new album and most likely won’t tour Europe for a few years at least. If nothing else Danny’s arms might have fallen off by then. Look at Peart he did it forever but it eventually took its toll
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I thought for a moment A Matter Of Age was the album title :|
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not sure which Alt Nation article OP is referring to (I'm not going to bother looking) but suspect the "disturbing" health announcement stems from this tweet:

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

FWIW I'm sure Tool will be touring for some time yet, and I doubt this will be the last time they go to Europe.

With that in mind, I'm in the camp that firmly sits in "go and see bands when they tour, or live to regret it"
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 pm

With that in mind, I'm in the camp that firmly sits in "go and see bands when they tour, or live to regret it"
a must.
go taff!
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

A work in progress

Post by Hodef »

How long of a break do you think Adam, Danny, and Justin will take after Spring 2020 tour. I heard Tool will be touring for 2 years starting this year. Will everyone be working on side projects after 2020. I will focus on the current new album, but i can't stop thinking about what happens after this.I know this album coming August 30th could be their last. For those like me, when will Adam, Danny, and Justin start working on new Tool material they already have. Hellboy, I hope you can endure this a little longer. Can anyone guess? Does only Tool know?
liz
Lunchinator

Re: A work in progress

Post by liz »

I don't imagine TooL know.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

My apologies

Post by Hodef »

I'm having a hard time accepting that August 30th is Tool's last album release date. I freak out whenever someone says this new album is Tool's last. Of course, the answer to my current post is the same as whether Tool will make another album. Only Tool knows. I'll Try Not To Post This Subject again. Sorry.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

It costs nothing to speculate. Just don't be tempted to speculate the next TooL album without Maynard. You can see where it got Mog. :lol:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There's really nothing to suggest this album will be the last, so I'm not sure there's anything to accept or be worried about. If there's no further Tool albums, then the world keeps turning as it did before, there's no shortage of other great music around.

I'm not entirely convinced Tool plan more than a year or two in advance.
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

Say that again...

Post by Hodef »

Hellboy

I apologize that I don't let this subject go. I want them to make the Led Zeppelin mark of 9 albums. However, I think 3 more albums is pushing it. 2 more album is the most likely. I just wish the people on here would listen to you instead of saying that this upcoming album is the last. I'm going to ignore those people.Thanks again, for reiterating what you know. August 30th needs to hurry up!
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Say that again...

Post by liz »

Hodef wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:11 pm Hellboy
I just wish the people on here would listen to you
:lol:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Is there a point to creating a new thread for this? Didn't you just create a similar thread, like a few days ago?

Why worry about what Tool will do two or three years from now?

Why make multiple threads about it?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Jesus that was the same dude???!!! For God's sakes man
tys0n
Streeper

They also use the subject line to have a conversation

Post by tys0n »

They also use the subject line to have a conversation
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Neat trick

Post by liz »

!
hellboy
Site Admin

Re: Say that again...

Post by hellboy »

Hodef wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:11 pm Hellboy

I apologize that I don't let this subject go. I want them to make the Led Zeppelin mark of 9 albums. However, I think 3 more albums is pushing it. 2 more album is the most likely. I just wish the people on here would listen to you instead of saying that this upcoming album is the last. I'm going to ignore those people.Thanks again, for reiterating what you know. August 30th needs to hurry up!
It's nice to dream I guess. Despite Danny's off handed comment about doing more stuff than Zep, I doubt it's a reality, nor is it something I actually expect the band consider.

I don't set out to change peoples opinions. This album might be their last. I hope it's not, but I don't believe anyone is able to make any accurate judgement as to whether it is or isn't.

For olde time Fourtheye readers: let's support our new members, rather than jumping right on them. Feel free to let them know when they are doing stuff that goes outside of community expectations, but no need to get snarky about it. Leave that for other threads where it's more appropriate.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Fair enough. Welcome Hodef

I'm going to call you Olaf if that's ok? Kinda sounds like Hodef

Olaf.. metal.

Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Bill Snarky

Post by Bill Hilly »