Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Pimple »

Eschaton wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 am I created an account after lurking around for some time only to say that this MOG dude is the most annoying user i've ever seen in a forum. I can't see how he isn't banned since the only thing he does is being an asshole lol

Anyway,the new songs are great and the album will rule.

PS Thanks for all your work HB
Why take offense. MOG's shtik is to play the grumpy ranter. I have never had a problem with it. This is an interweb forum where a group of long suffering Tool fans get together and talk shit. Most of us have never met each other and other than the odd drunken blag, don't really know too much about each other. This is just where we all come to chat, vent, spread rumours etc. It is not real...

Join in on the forum, pick and choose what you reply to and relax.
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Eschaton wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 am I created an account after lurking around for some time only to say that this MOG dude is the most annoying user i've ever seen in a forum. I can't see how he isn't banned since the only thing he does is being an asshole lol
Fuck I'm slipping
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:52 am If I banned people for being assholes there's be no one left. We're all entitled to our opinions.
Spot on. Let's not pretend we aren't all cunts here. In a world where everything is so politically correct, to be able to come here and read all the different opinions from different people is very refreshing. You must be a very chilled out dude and it makes this place what it is.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I disagree with 98% of what MOG says but that shit is hilarious! I love a good rant and one that can hold a true Grudge. For me I've always been a TOOL apologist but I can say the delay is Meh. I'm really hoping for a downloadable studio version of Descending or Invincible soon. I haven't listened to either for about two weeks now and damn its been hard. I prefer Invincible at the moment but lets see after 1,000 listens to the studio versions.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Good fucking god!! Dad Rock personified. Literally.

You'd expect this kind of shit from the Dave Grohl's of this world. No less.

Who gives a fuck if you've multiplied? Your wife? Your "bestie"?? The frumpy girl at reception in the building you work at with the hyper over-reaching personality to make up for her short comings in the looks department?

Save it for them then. I don't need nor do I want to see your fucking spawn at a gig I paid good money for. This ain't family day bbq time at the rotunda. If they pull this kind of shit when they come Down Under again I'm throwing something and walking out...

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Calfium Jay wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 am

Who gives a fuck if you've multiplied? Your wife? Your "bestie"?? The frumpy girl at reception in the building you work at with the hyper over-reaching personality to make up for her short comings in the looks department?

Save it for them then. I don't need nor do I want to see your fucking spawn at a gig I paid good money for. This ain't family day bbq time at the rotunda. If they pull this kind of shit when they come Down Under again I'm throwing something and walking out...

And so we see, the regret from the generation x child from not replicating, watch how he unleashes his scorn on others for something he'll never achieve, the hatred and bile are palpable.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Calfium Jay wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:15 am

Personally I don't give a fuck about all this shit from old dinosaurus which they are now, kiddos and waifus and all that stuff - who cares? It's all about the music, not the families, I agree.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

So... other than the date of August 30th being displayed during these live shows, is there any concrete evidence it’s the actual album?! Could it be just a release date for a new video/single? Just curious as I’m not always up to date...

My personal gut feeling is Invincible will be released as a Video single. Not sure about a date, maybe the next newsletter shall shed some light. Like the idea of a CD release with a battery!! As silly as it sounds.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

BlackHole83 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:58 am So... other than the date of August 30th being displayed during these live shows, is there any concrete evidence it’s the actual album?! Could it be just a release date for a new video/single?
Oh God I hope so, just for the reaction.
Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I see no issue bringing their kids to the show. I think it’s fucking awesome. Hopefully they’ll will be inspired to be TOOL 2.0 in a couple of decades.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

30 August, the announcement 10,000 Days plus tour was all a decoy. Because of that they decided to disband tool.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Well I think it's cute. And why wouldnt you bring your kid on stage to experience a crowd from that vantage point? Who cares what you blokes think? Not those dads. Their focus isn't you.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:58 am So... other than the date of August 30th being displayed during these live shows, is there any concrete evidence it’s the actual album?! Could it be just a release date for a new video/single? Just curious as I’m not always up to date...
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Fair enough HB. I guess we’ll all be skeptical till the end.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Anyone else been to a Tool show, then chained to their seat and forced to watch Adam Jones strut his kid out on stage?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:14 am Anyone else been to a Tool show, then chained to their seat and forced to watch Adam Jones strut his kid out on stage?
Yes! It was back in 02' and the 5 drops of liquid acid hit pretty quick and hard. I managed to Crawl to my seat where Meshuggah melted my mind, body and soul. I did see objects on stage during TOOL and some cool floating orb. Then the Venue roof opened up and the drummer from Meshuggah descended upon the stage to play with DC. Maynard had some inspirational quote and we floated to our car with my friend screaming learn to swin the everyone the parking lot. Oh ya no kids that would have been cool though.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I missed my one shot to see tool ok? So now I'm probly gonna have to fly out to the colonies to see them and that ain't gonna be fucking cheap. I ain't going all that way to see no goddamned kids on stage. Sentimental old twats. Don't they know to keep their business and private lives separate? Least they save it til the end. If there's any toddlers trotting about onstage during set I'll kick the fuck out of them!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Fucking bizarre, have I lost my mind or are people opining about members of the band Tool bringing out their children AFTER the show has ended?

As if it has anything to do with the show?

Are Adam's kids tied to Danny'w gong?

What the fuck is wrong with you all?
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 am Fucking bizarre, have I lost my mind or are people opining about members of the band Tool bringing out their children AFTER the show has ended?

Some of us are taking the piss if you couldn't tell
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Children are our past present and future. I feel this album will be there most complete as children I feel complete us. While being the most difficult thing in our lives also the most rewarding. I know having children in my life changed my perspective assuming it has with Danny and Adam as well. I remember an interview with Maynard in the early days talking about him having a child And how he’s looking forward to his bandmates experiencing that.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 am Fucking bizarre, have I lost my mind or are people opining about members of the band Tool bringing out their children AFTER the show has ended?

Lol. I was just thinking that. Everyone has lost their fucking minds. If i were Tool and i saw these posts I'd get as far away as possible from these crazy ass fans.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Tyson - You are slipping man looks like the lurkers think you have gone soft better step up your game

@random dude who created an account just to complain about me - Zero fucks given

Now as for the kids post I wasn’t complaining about them bringing their kids on stage I said I simply don’t care to see a video of it because it doesn’t matter to me. That is their personal lives none of my business only vid I am interested in seeing from Tool right now is for a new song or an announcement/preview whatever for the album with name and preorder date.

Again I have no problem with it and I get it. They have all had kids later in life and and wanted to show them what it is like in front of a crowd which is completely understandable.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There have been others aside from Califum taking offense?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:58 am

Lol. I was just thinking that. Everyone has lost their fucking minds. If i were Tool and i saw these posts I'd get as far away as possible from these crazy ass fans.
Bah you think I give a flying fuck about what Tool thinks about anything I post? Moreover, if you think Tool cares about what their fans think about anything you haven’t been paying attention. You are a dollar sign. A warm body to fill a seat. Nothing more.
The most intelligent person on this forum
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

M0G wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 am
PulsedHalo wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:58 am

Bah you think I give a flying fuck about what Tool thinks about anything I post? Moreover, if you think Tool cares about what their fans think about anything you haven’t been paying attention. You are a dollar sign. A warm body to fill a seat. Nothing more.
I wasn't talking specifically about you but if you wanna go lets go. You trash the band 90% of the time and for what? You know for a FACT that you're getting a new album in 2 months. Why are you so hostile? If you truly feel you are just a dollar sign then why even bother listening to their music. Why would you support anyone that makes you feel like that? Sounds like Tool is bad for your health.