Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

I love Les.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Figured as much, was more a just in case.

So cogs changed the set list to the one earlier in the year. No longer opening with favourite song but still jealous as all fuck for tonight .
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 pm Figured as much, was more a just in case.

So cogs changed the set list to the one earlier in the year. No longer opening with favourite song but still jealous as all fuck for tonight .
Should be a good night. It's sold out, which even though its Cog, is still a pretty rare thing in Adelaide. I have several friends who have been caught out with poor planning for this show.
What's your favourite song?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Am not surprised to be honest. Cog has such a cult like following, they usually do pretty well. I wrote about it earlier in the year, if ya feel like a quick read. Setlists changed so no spoilers.

https://heavymag.com.au/cog-at-quayside ... ownsville/

And pretty much the entire new normal album is my favourite song but if had to pick one it's thIs. Touches me in special places this song does.

Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I wish they'd tour America. Love Cog!
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

From reddit -

My best friend has a close relationship with Danny. Danny is close friends with my friends father and thankfully a few days ago invited my buddy and me to the studio to jam the album. I'm grateful that was invited to come Along. Danny had a personal file of the album on disc and btw was a really cool sweet dude. I was extremely nervous to hear it, I have been a huge fan since I was younger. Before playing the album the great man himself showed us the album art "which is beautiful" and told us a bit about the process that went in to making the record. Told us they had spent years making the album and had discarded about 3 albums worth of material to get the right feel and sound that they wanted. So we listened to the record and I was floored for a couple of the tracks. Desending/invincible sound fantastic and have parts that are not in the live versions that have been out. I'm excited for you guys/ladies to hear them! And there was another track that was one of the best I've ever heard from the band. A long track it was a journey man. Beautiful ambient yet brutal and heavy at the same time it blew my mind... Quite possibly the best track they have ever written. But to be completely honest and no disrespect to the band the rest of the album did not hit me quite as hard. Idk it was really samey throughout and had parts that were extremely reminiscent of other tracks from previous albums. It's like the album just sort of all blended together to the point it all sounded a little to alike for its own good. I'm not saying it was bad there were some great parts in a few other tracks but it was just missing that spark to my ears... It just got a little to much alike. Their were alot of softer and ambient parts of songs mixed in and it was really cool tho. I'm not trying to spoil the album for you and give you any more details, I also need to hear it again when it is released. It was good but I honestly felt like it could of been better. especially after all these years and the time they took to work on it. I can't sit on here and talk anymore about it and give any more details I just wanted to give a brief sort of review of the album that I heard for the first time for you guys.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@Busty: Yes its a beautiful song. Cool review but I reckon Clint Boje wasn't that grateful. :)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

@Billy, seeing as they ventured to UK this year, wouldn't be surprised to see em have a crack at US in another year or two. Fingers crossed for ya mate.

@Liz, for what saying I've never been a huge TBE fan? I'm sure he has better things to do than read my shitty reviews and get too flustered when someone says theyve never been a huge fan. :P
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 pm

@Liz, for what saying I've never been a huge TBE fan? I'm sure he has better things to do than read my shitty reviews and get too flustered when someone says theyve never been a huge fan. :P
Nah. For spelling his name incorrectly. :lol:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ahahahaa... oops :shock: :oops: :lol:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

That “review” was pretty cringeworthy. Doubt it’s real. Sounds like someone isn’t too happy with Descending/invincible and is assuming the rest of the album will sound the “same” Lame!!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Shed523 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:45 pm So with the hope of news any f-ing day now when will they announce a supporting tour. One Big news dump ie. album title, track list, cover art, tour dates or will it be a slow one at a time announcement?

I would say every other band goes the news dump route right? But TOOL not TOOL they will do it different but not much time left here.
Really hope they do it one at a time.

I can't afford a most likely expensive album preorder at the same time as a concert ticket. I still don't even have Maiden tickets yet.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Seems they've been previewing the new album in California a bit too loud.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 pm From reddit -

My best friend has a close relationship with Danny. Danny is close friends with my friends father and thankfully a few days ago invited my buddy and me to the studio to jam the album.
Such a nothing review, it's quite hard to take seriously. When a review doesn't nothing but rehash rumours from around the place, and reveals no real insight, it's a stand out fake imo.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I've said this before regarding potentially fake reviews but if you heard something by TOOL for the first time you'd remember at least one specific moment or lyric from a song. For example, back in 2006, a journalist who got an early 'listening party' opportunity said something about the final track on 10,000 Days featuring "silly monkeys" and "monkey killing monkey" etc. Of course he was correctly referencing Right In Two but the point is he remembered something unique or specific.

If Invincible was held back until August 30, any journalist or lucky person who heard a preview of the album would remember something like "Warrior... Struggling... To remain..." etc.

Let's just wait a few more weeks. It's July 6 right? August 30 isn't too far way 8-)
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

That review is almost certainly fake as a few days ago Danny was still on tour in Europe. And even if he was back ASAP, I doubt his number one priority after getting home would be to host a private listening party for one of his friend’s kids.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

mattw wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:20 am I've said this before regarding potentially fake reviews but if you heard something by TOOL for the first time you'd remember at least one specific moment or lyric from a song. For example, back in 2006, a journalist who got an early 'listening party' opportunity said something about the final track on 10,000 Days featuring "silly monkeys" and "monkey killing monkey" etc. Of course he was correctly referencing Right In Two but the point is he remembered something unique or specific.

If Invincible was held back until August 30, any journalist or lucky person who heard a preview of the album would remember something like "Warrior... Struggling... To remain..." etc.

Let's just wait a few more weeks. It's July 6 right? August 30 isn't too far way 8-)

I don’t believe the person but they did comment later on saying lyrics were “so little time”

Can’t wait for the drip to continue though I love these things. Chod was great!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I'm actually quite excited about it all being released at once and we will have to digest or absorb all of the music and artwork in one big hit at the end of August. If tour dates come too I'll be grateful for the bonus. Only October 13 in Sacramento is confirmed for now but I'm hoping there are some other October/November/December shows in the works... or something in January, similar to the run of shows they did to start 2016.

Chod was a fun few days :) I'm thinking the band will go with another one word title again. Opiate, Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus all seem fine to me but I wouldn't be surprised if Descending or something similar to the themes presented within that song becomes the album title. Both Descending and Invincible elicit a sense of impending doom or at least a little anxiety. I love the final line "Feel time bearing down... bearing down" in Invincible as that songs builds to its ending. The "Stay... Alive" part in Descending also evokes that sense of dread etc. Love it.

I think Descending is a nice vague reference to something winding down or getting worse. At least that's my interpretation thus far.

And if Invincible is the album title I am quitting as a fan of the band. :)
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

I think Descending is a nice vague reference to something winding down or getting worse. At least that's my interpretation thus far.

And if Invincible is the album title I am quitting as a fan of the band. :)
i think the lyrics are a little overly dramatic (maynard, diva). its not like they've been gone for 13 years. i can give that credit though, it could be the last album with new material taking that long. its not like there using walkers or something. ok, M did have a hip replacement, dude has weak bones. On Joe Rogan he said he broke both his wrists doing his Jiu-Jitsu stuff a few or so years back. both of those things at his age is a little concerning. he should be a dairy farmer instead of making wine :)

unless its reverse psychology and hes hoping the other 3 get off their butts and make music faster next time :/

Invincible is a better album title then 2019. both arent good! it must be choood. jk
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

BellJH wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:22 am That review is almost certainly fake as a few days ago Danny was still on tour in Europe. And even if he was back ASAP, I doubt his number one priority after getting home would be to host a private listening party for one of his friend’s kids.
This.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

One listen reviews are worthless, especially for a band like Tool.

Shit needs to sink in.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I think its rather amusing that TooL fans (who often like to often pride themselves on their insightful and clever natures) think that other TooL fans are quite simply gullible fawning idiots and like to bait them with the obviously made up or ridiculous.

Obviously I'm from the clever and insightful camp. 8-)
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

😂
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 am who often like to often
Put down the wine glass
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:40 am
liz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 am who often like to often
Put down the wine glass
:lol: I'm off to Cog in a few minutes. I think the youngsters call it pre charging.