VIP Tickets for Australia and NZ Tool shows

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Most of the time no, but I do think they need to make those much cheaper.  Paying $0.99 for Tool's "Mantra" is a little ridiculous.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Exactly. Delìrium Còrdia, in this instance, should be $0.99.

Right?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Haha, no.  If I had it my way, that track would be $10 or so.  "Mantra" would be like $0.10.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

TheBoss said: "This forum sees so very talented people who continute to reap the rewards of their efforts. So how dare you say none of us produce any “art”? You smug fucking dick. You write a wall of fucking words with no real, concise, meaning, then accuse US of not producing “art”?"

@TheBoss "Oh wait… half of you don’t produce any art…" <----- I said half of you so can you shut the fuck up you bitch? How's that for a fucking quote?
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

WOW! I didnt say anything about the inflated price of their re-issue, but this is getting a little too greedy. During a time when people are out of work, and even more so since the sequester, what does TOOL do...I've read comments were some people have said only "dedicated" fans buy this BS, but I would have to argue that all because someone has the money to buy this crap, doesnt make anyone more of a fan that someone that cant afford it. I'm starting to think that this is getting to the point were TOOL seems to be abusing their fanbase.
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

No doubt. I wonder if I can start paying now.
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

So, I guess im not going to feel bad if and when their next album comes out and someone acquires it by different means.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

demorgan said
WOW! I didnt say anything about the inflated price of their re-issue, but this is getting a little too greedy. During a time when people are out of work, and even more so since the sequester, what does TOOL do...I've read comments were some people have said only "dedicated" fans buy this BS, but I would have to argue that all because someone has the money to buy this crap, doesnt make anyone more of a fan that someone that cant afford it. I'm starting to think that this is getting to the point were TOOL seems to be abusing their fanbase.

^ LOL Ya think?  Tool are becoming borderline Republicans.  Jimmy out in Arizona shooting those guns.  Charging outrageous prices for their products.  Excluding 99% of their fan base by releasing a "thank you" in the form of $150 dollar EP re-issue and THEN only putting out 5000 of them.  I guess if you are a poor Tool fan you don't deserve a thank you?  Tool, individually and collectively, have become completely disconnected from reality.  I suppose that is easy to happen when you have your own vineyard or take trips to Hawaii every other week and drive around in a Lambo.  Hanging out in Hollywood, living the good life.  Forgetting about all the little people along the way buying albums and tshirts and attending concerts and introducing friends to the band so they could in turn buy more shit.

Musically Tool is one of the very best rock bands of all time.  I will always appreciate their music and hope they are successful with the new album and upcoming tour.  But I do not like what they have become.  We all change in life.  Goodness knows I am far from the person I was back in 92 when all this Tool shit started.  But I certainly will never forget the people in my life that have been around along the way.  Friends, Family, Teachers, even co-workers who have helped me get to where I am.  Tool, at one point, did symbolize a sense of community.  Shared interest and open mindedness.  Now it is a money grab.  $500 dollars for a fucking Q & A with Adam.  For $500 (which does NOT include tickets mind you) I expect a complimentary hand job from Kate Upton.

Tool Fucking Tool.  You grew up and became the very thing you despised.
Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

demorgan said:
April 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm
"So, I guess im not going to feel bad if and when their next album comes out and someone acquires it by different means."

Z-You shouldn't. People will pirate it no doubt and there's nothing that can be done about it. All you have to do is make your decision. Will you or won't you? Don't answer that out loud just do what you want when the time comes.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I already bought 4 bitches.   Probably wont even ask a question, that sound check is going to be AMAZING! 

AWW U MAD BRAH?  get a better job.  you guys act like this is LIFE CHANGING money.... it's not.

Why do you think its $500?  because they don't want Poor people there.  They only want the beautiful people.  Have fun getting in the venue with the General Public.

VIP - Very Important Person.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

BlindandCynical said
I already bought 4 bitches.   Probably wont even ask a question, that sound check is going to be AMAZING! 

AWW U MAD BRAH?  get a better job.  you guys act like this is LIFE CHANGING money.... it's not.

For me it's nothing.  For MANY people it is significant money.  You sound as delusional as one of those Rush Limbaugh types.  Guys that think you can MAKE IT IN 'MERICA on minimum wage.  Just because WE can afford it doesn't make us more deserving in any way, shape, or form.  At some point people better start figuring that out, that you are not defined by your wealth or possessions.  Tool used to get that.  Not anymore.

Zwerewolf
Has been

Post by Zwerewolf »

BlindandCynical Said:
April 6, 2013 at 3:42 pm
"I already bought 4 bitches. Probably wont even ask a question, that sound check is going to be AMAZING!
AWW U MAD BRAH? get a better job. you guys act like this is LIFE CHANGING money…. it’s not.
Why do you think its $500? because they don’t want Poor people there. They only want the beautiful people. Have fun getting in the venue with the General Public.
VIP – Very Important Person."

Z-HAHA! Did you say "BRAH?"? What a fucking dick bag you are. Hope that sound check is life changing for you while you're ass is bleeding from your fucking bikini wax. Hope you're fake tan is as beautiful as Maynards rectum you fist pumping Jersey Shorian... Get the fuck out of here! You didn't buy shit and you're getting in the way of adult conversation.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

BlindandCynical said

Why do you think its $500?  because they don't want Poor people there.  They only want the beautiful people.  Have fun getting in the venue with the General Public.

VIP - Very Important Person.

>BlindandCynical

yep
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Look honestly I am not trying to bash Tool.  They have made fantastic music that has enriched our lives.  For people that have bought the VIP Tix and the Opiate re-issue I sincerely hope the show and the package are fantastic.  I honestly and genuinely mean that.  I don't want another thread to get off track.  Let us know how the Q & A goes.  One of you fuckers should gather questions from Fourth Eye and ask those.  We all know THIS is the only place to get any real news anyway.  Love ya HB even when I don't.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

haha I was just kidding everyone.

I agree that is way to much money.  Just had to break up the hate fest.  Yea, it's a lot don't buy it and move on.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Guys, I'm seriously considering getting one of these for the Q&A session alone. Here's what we're gonna do:

Let's think of some questions I can ask him. I'll pick the ones I like, then fucking do it. For reals.

I'll ask him the question, then refuse to accept anything else. Or I'll inform him that to pay for this outrageous

ass raping VIP package, I'm going to sell everything else that was part of the package on eGay.

I think at least one of us should ask the tough questions.
SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrazz said
Guys, I'm seriously considering getting one of these for the Q&A session alone. Here's what we're gonna do:

Let's think of some questions I can ask him. I'll pick the ones I like, then fucking do it. For reals.

I'll ask him the question, then refuse to accept anything else. Or I'll inform him that to pay for this outrageous

ass raping VIP package, I'm going to sell everything else that was part of the package on eGay.

I'm willing to chip in a few bucks, if you smuggle me in as well.

Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said

snazzlefrazz said

I'm willing to chip in a few bucks, if you smuggle me in as well.

No need dude. Shit just got real. I'd pay over $500 just to rap off a few challenging questions to lazy bones Jones.

SteveBobSteve
Agenda
Maynard Believer

Post by Agenda »

$650($650 with the concert included) is really not that much money, but there is no way anyone could see $650 worth of value in this show/experience. The buyers of this package must be well heeled in that they're paying $650 for something that last less than a couple of hours. I could afford to do this, and I'm many others here could afford to do this too, but there is nowhere near $650 worth of value in this. To me it's not actually about the amount money their asking for this 'experience', it's the lack of value. If TOOL actually gave us $650 worth of 'product' I'm sure many here would take a different view of this. Adam has being quoted as saying "I like to give people as much I can for their money" he said this in reference to the 10,000 days packaging, how can he possibly think that this is a good value? It's asinine to assume that your 'bag of goodies' and soundcheck are is worth $650 to your fan base. I think this will fail, I think this will leave a bitter taste in their mouths, at least I hope it does.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Agenda said
$650($650 with the concert included) is really not that much money, but there is no way anyone could see $650 worth of value in this show/experience. The buyers of this package must be well heeled in that they're paying $650 for something that last less than a couple of hours. I could afford to do this, and I'm many others here could afford to do this too, but there is nowhere near $650 worth of value in this. To me it's not actually about the amount money their asking for this 'experience', it's the lack of value. If TOOL actually gave us $650 worth of 'product' I'm sure many here would take a different view of this. Adam has being quoted as saying "I like to give people as much I can for their money" he said this in reference to the 10,000 days packaging, how can he possibly think that this is a good value? It's asinine to assume that your 'bag of goodies' and soundcheck are is worth $650 to your fan base. I think this will fail, I think this will leave a bitter taste in their mouths, at least I hope it does.

I agree with you. However:

I don't think it will fail, and they could not give a fuck less if it does.
SteveBobSteve
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I would like to go to the Q&A session with Adam. However I would ask him only questions about the Harry Potter film franchise. And at the end of the interview I would give him a copy of one of my mum's cookbooks to sign. Then I would stand up in my seat and begin to sing an opera in falsetto voice...until security dragged me away.

I would do those things. I would do them all. Totally.

<sips coffee>

Station 52
Maynard Believer

Post by Station 52 »

These will sell out and people will pay double face value for them on resale sites.

It's worth it too, the merchandise alone is worth $200 so when you factor out the overhead you're paying Adam $200 an hour for his time. Give or take 30 minutes. 
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Station 52 said
These will sell out and people will pay double face value for them on resale sites.

It's worth it too, the merchandise alone is worth $200 so when you factor out the overhead you're paying Adam $200 an hour for his time. Give or take 30 minutes. 

I seriously doubt the "Q&A" will last longer than 20 minutes.

SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I hope somebody sneaks in a camera and records this Q&A session.
Don't mow your lawn