of Arimathea

Re: Tool - is this their last album?

Post by Raffa D »

Even Nostradamus was sometimes wrong. 🤫
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:36 pm This will be Tool's last album. Adam and Maynard are 55. Danny is 58. Justin is 47. The problem here is Danny. Yes at the moment he is still a force of nature. Best in the business. Absolute beast. But when he drops off it will happen quickly. This touring cycle will likely last two years, so Danny will be 60. Danny is going to drop off as he gets into his sixties and it will happen quickly when it does. Whether it happens when he is 62 or 65 it is going to happen. At some point he is going to slow down. Given Tools shit track record releasing albums are they going to release another album when Danny is 70? Get real. This is it. Done. Last album.
luckily you have a source close to the band that backs up your matter-of-fact statements or else i would think you are just making bold assumptions on nothing more than a persons age whom you know very little about.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Are you triggered? Your favorite band is old. Enjoy this album. You should be bitter they wasted away at least one album cycle since you are a newer/younger fan.

As for Tool I am right most of the time so *insert shrug here*

This will be their last new full length album. This is it. Swan song. Final two year ride unless some new delay jumps up.

As I said I sincerely hope I am not wrong. Nothing worse than seeing an athlete or musician or artist well past their prime that can't walk away. Tool clearly still has it right now. After this touring cycle it is time to walk away.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm guessing 5 more albums.
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Yeah, Mog, you are right most of the time.

Like you were right about Tool not having what it takes to outdo their previous work.

And how you were right about this new record not even coming at all.

You gave up on Tool several years and then you came back to admit you were wrong about Tool being irrelevant.

Not saying this is definitely not Tool's last, but you have been wrong about Tool before. No reason why you can't be wrong this time.

Even when Danny slows down he can still play drums. You don't need to be quick to have a nice groove. Maynard can still sing songs that suit his voice. A mellowed out Tool in the future suits me. I enjoy the softer and sweeter, more introspective side of Tool as much as the mind bending psychedelia. I will take whatever the band feels like putting out and be open minded to any changes in their sound that come along.

Regardless of whether this is the last, let's enjoy it. I am looking forward to them putting out Salival part 2 more than anything, and for whatever else they have in store once this new one is out of the way.

Anything that happens after is gravy, brothers and sisters.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Children remains one of my favorite contributors on this forum. Keep doing what you do, mang.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

What's possible

Post by Hodef »

Tyson

Depending how many years there are between albums that will dictate how many more albums. TOOL would have to speed up putting albums out to 3-4 years in between albums. I wish Tool would speed up making albums, but that's not how they work. You can't rush art. I think 3 is pushing it. 2 is the most likely. I would do anything if they matched Led Zeppelin. I say 3 or less, because I don't see them going into their 70's. I hope you're right. I just don't see 5 albums happening.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I really do think Hodef is actually Tyson, and he's trolling all of us.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm I really do think Hodef is actually Tyson, and he's trolling all of us.
That would probably be the best case scenario.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I hate what this band has become. Rich and appropriate. It's a mask of well defined cultural belittlement.

And me then? what _ : 0 and has been working on this .
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm I really do think Hodef is actually Tyson, and he's trolling all of us.
Fake accounts are so 2010
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Either way, I think this thread might have some legs. Sorry Hellboy.
tys0n
Streeper

Probably not the last album

Post by tys0n »

Now that Tool have the monkey off their back with their magnum opus I can see them spitting out a new album every 1 or 2 years.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

/thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 pm Now that Tool have the monkey off their back with their magnum opus I can see them spitting out a new album every 1 or 2 years.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

That's funny I thought Bob was Tyson for a while there.. maybe you're all Tyson and I'm chatting with the same person with 30 different personas?!!?!?!
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Don't be daft, we're only one account.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Well my mind is well and truly blown
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Here's Hodef with the weather
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

children wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 pm Yeah, Mog, you are right most of the time.

Like you were right about Tool not having what it takes to outdo their previous work.

And how you were right about this new record not even coming at all.

You gave up on Tool several years and then you came back to admit you were wrong about Tool being irrelevant.

Not saying this is definitely not Tool's last, but you have been wrong about Tool before. No reason why you can't be wrong this time.

Even when Danny slows down he can still play drums. You don't need to be quick to have a nice groove. Maynard can still sing songs that suit his voice. A mellowed out Tool in the future suits me. I enjoy the softer and sweeter, more introspective side of Tool as much as the mind bending psychedelia. I will take whatever the band feels like putting out and be open minded to any changes in their sound that come along.

Regardless of whether this is the last, let's enjoy it. I am looking forward to them putting out Salival part 2 more than anything, and for whatever else they have in store once this new one is out of the way.

Anything that happens after is gravy, brothers and sisters.
Never said the album was not going to come out. Never said Tool were going to become irrelevant.

Only thing I did say was I didn’t expect them to be able to reach a Lateralus type level again and on Descending they absolutely do and that did surprise me and I said as much.

But in terms of the delays, reasons for delays, and general Tool bullshitery I called it right many many years ago.

This will be their last new full length album. Unreleased shit, live DVD possibly. Please no Tool movie god I couldn’t imagine listening to Adam drone on about the “process” and I don’t want to listen to Maynard talk about anything I can’t stand the guy.

Swan song this is it hopefully it is a great album. You Tool lovers can wax poetic about how much you love Tool I will enjoy the music while still being disgusted with them. You guys can plan entire vacations around shows and spend thousands on merch they will get my digital purchase but fuck seeing them live they don’t deserve my money.

I said in Discord proper payback for the clusterfuck that has been this album release cycle would be if everyone DELAYED buying the album for a few years. Let those fellas see what it feels like. Of course it will never happen but oh would it be poetic justice.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Relevant is a wierd term to apply here. Tool will always be relevant to their core audience (ie their fans). Most 20+ year old bands are no longer relevant to the current music scene. In that regards, Tool haven't really been relevant since 2001.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool has stayed pretty relevant they headline or co-headline basically any rock festival they decide to do. Not sure if that is more a statement about the rock scene currently or just Tool’s staying power. Likely a combination of both. There are not many hard rock bands blowing up these days commercially. I mean in terms of niche genres and more underground or bandcamp/small label stuff there are an incredible amount of great bands. Commercial big money not so much.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Yes that point is well made Mog. They can still command top spot on a festival circuit. Most of the band that can are made up of over 40 year olds.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am
Never said come out Tool. Were going?

I did say reach a Lateralus Descending. Absolutely surprise me much.

But in reasons and general Tool, I called it right.

This will be their last Unreleased shit live DVD. Please no movie god Adam drone. The “process” Maynard talk about. Anything I can’t stand.

Swan song this is it! Hopefully you Tool lovers can love Tool. I will. Enjoy the music while still being disgusted. You guys can spend thousands. They will get my fuck. Seeing them live.

I said, Discord proper payback for the clusterfuck. This album release cycle. And Appaloosa would be. If everyone DELAYED buying the album for years. Let those fellas see it will never happen. But oh would it be poetic justice. Just like the movie about the boy and sand. Evolve then.

What are you seriously, Harry Potter? Comment then from above and we'll see how this comes out on the last day of August.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 am
M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am
Never said come out Tool. Were going?

I did say reach a Lateralus Descending. Absolutely surprise me much.

But in reasons and general Tool, I called it right.

This will be their last Unreleased shit live DVD. Please no movie god Adam drone. The “process” Maynard talk about. Anything I can’t stand.

Swan song this is it! Hopefully you Tool lovers can love Tool. I will. Enjoy the music while still being disgusted. You guys can spend thousands. They will get my fuck. Seeing them live.

I said, Discord proper payback for the clusterfuck. This album release cycle. And Appaloosa would be. If everyone DELAYED buying the album for years. Let those fellas see it will never happen. But oh would it be poetic justice. Just like the movie about the boy and sand. Evolve then.

What are you seriously, Harry Potter? Comment then from above and we'll see how this comes out on the last day of August.
Something is very wrong with you. Go back to bed to your blow up doll...uh sorry I mean ultra hot girlfriend you talk about every third post.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am You guys can plan entire vacations around shows and spend thousands on merch they will get my digital purchase but fuck seeing them live they don’t deserve my money.
But what about all the people hoping to meet you at a Tool show?
Canned audience laughter