Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

I always assumed Tyson would be a midget rasta with dreadlocks
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 am I always assumed Tyson would be a midget rasta with dreadlocks
is that really you with the frosted mullet ? thats amazing either way!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

oh ya, that new rumour is even less believable then any of the others. ''To Remain'' haha. just take a line straight out of Invincible, cant even come up with something different. makes its easy though.

im still hopeful there will be some surprises. not necassarly a double album but maybe another release of some kind in and around all this.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mattw wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:46 am Just wondering when you think we will be given some new info about the album i.e. album name, song titles, track lengths (maybe?), additional tour dates, purchase options e.g. cd, streaming, iTunes etc.

Someone mentioned the AT&T Center in San Antonio possibly hosting TOOL shows between November 11 and 17 so I hope more possible dates are on the way here. I think a little October/November/December new album tour would be very nice :)

August 30 is only 7 weeks from tomorrow... I'm hoping we get some new details by the end of July. I'm somewhat excited 8-)
What normally happens is that Tool release news when I'm on holidays, so since I'm in Bali next week, you can guarantee an announcement.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 am
mattw wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:46 am Just wondering when you think we will be given some new info about the album i.e. album name, song titles, track lengths (maybe?), additional tour dates, purchase options e.g. cd, streaming, iTunes etc.

Someone mentioned the AT&T Center in San Antonio possibly hosting TOOL shows between November 11 and 17 so I hope more possible dates are on the way here. I think a little October/November/December new album tour would be very nice :)

August 30 is only 7 weeks from tomorrow... I'm hoping we get some new details by the end of July. I'm somewhat excited 8-)
What normally happens is that Tool release news when I'm on holidays, so since I'm in Bali next week, you can guarantee an announcement.
Whereabouts in Bali are ya headed? Is the whole trip already booked in or you're open to suggestions ?

@Bob. Nah mate. Before Eric bana moved to Hollywood to become a star he was on a classic Aussie skit tv show in the 90s called full frontal. One of the characters he played was Poita

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

bahaha. i thought u had said it was ur hair or something awhile back but i wasnt really sure. whatever, doesnt matter. grow a mullet then, why not! :P and Tyson and I can grow the Skullets!

not that its not expected but things are shaping up! a tool date rumoured in as mentioned above. thats how it always goes and not long from rumoured news like this dates appear.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Scalp it Bob!

Ladies love to rub a smooth head as you go to town downstairs.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 am Whereabouts in Bali are ya headed? Is the whole trip already booked in or you're open to suggestio
Vaguely planned. My uncle lives over there, and owns a couple of villas, so will be staying with him.

We'll have a bunch of kids in tow, so unlike my last trip it'll be focused mainly on them - the usual animal/water parks, etc. I'd like to do some scuba diving while there.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 am I always assumed Tyson would be a midget rasta with dreadlocks
You got me, I am actually Raz!

Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

YOU HAVE A JETSKI!!!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Virgin Colada *No Rum
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Scalp it Bob!

Ladies love to rub a smooth head as you go to town downstairs.

no scalping! people with no hair look like aliens or something (and facial hair looks lame on me)

i backed you up the first time! dont be such a perv...peerveert!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Grow a mustache and offer the ladies free mustache rides bob!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 am Grow a mustache and offer the ladies free mustache rides bob!
haha. dude!

actually i could grow a killer stache but i hate facial hair on me, so no dice! ;)

my friend use to work with this dudes whos last name was Ostachiane or something like that. There boss use to call him Muffstachiane! hahaha. your Muffstache! fn Bernie was hilarous.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 am Grow a mustache and offer the ladies free mustache rides bob!
haha. dude!

actually i could grow a killer stache but i hate facial hair on me, so no dice! ;)

my friend use to work with this dudes whos last name was Ostachiane or something like that. There boss use to call him Muffstachiane! hahaha. your Muffstache! fn Bernie was hilarous.
RIP Bernie.

This just sounds like a story you tell at a eulogy. Bernie had a lot to say.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

The best thing is we are in the home stretch guys. Six weeks is right around the corner.

I’ve gotten attached to these bootlegs man I don’t know what I’m going to do when the studio version rolls around. I now hum the extra guitar riff Adam plays on invincible when I’m listening to the Alabama show. Great stuff.

We have tour dates, track list, album name and possible single to come. 13 years squashed into the six last weeks. Nothing but information to follow.

Fuck! Wrong page.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am
I’ve gotten attached to these bootlegs man I don’t know what I’m going to do when the studio version rolls around. I now hum the extra guitar riff Adam plays on invincible when I’m listening to the Alabama show. Great stuff.
Am I the only one that likes the earlier version better? I feel like extra guitar riff Adam has been playing drowns out everything else and ruins the flow. Could be just me though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

xZ1mM3r »

RIP Bernie.

This just sounds like a story you tell at a eulogy. Bernie had a lot to say.
my friend stopped working there forever ago/we barely see him anymore. hes not dead.

im sure your a barrel of laughs though.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

PulsedHalo wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am
Am I the only one that likes the earlier version better? I feel like extra guitar riff Adam has been playing drowns out everything else and ruins the flow. Could be just me though.
Yeah I still listen to one of the first versions of invincible.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am
Yeah I still listen to one of the first versions of invincible.
OK good. I'm not going crazy then. lol
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

If nothing else, record stores should be getting their one sheets around the the end of the month, so we will know something then.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am If nothing else, record stores should be getting their one sheets around the the end of the month, so we will know something then.
OMG if they wait till the end of the month for us to find anything else out they are cocks. lol
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Assuming they have full blown tour planned for this release, I’ll also assume most of those venues and dates are booked by now. Really hoping for show dates soon I mean Slayer just announced their farewell tour in November I would again assume TOOL will be playing shows before that and not just Aftershock.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I have the OG version on my phone but am growing fond of the extra riff. Kinda reminds me of that lone riff in the grudge “choose to, let this go”.

I’m sure there are a ton of scratch tracks left off the two new songs. Will really have to let them sink in.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 am @Bob. Nah mate. Before Eric bana moved to Hollywood to become a star he was on a classic Aussie skit tv show in the 90s called full frontal. One of the characters he played was Poita
That's Eric Bana? What? :lol:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy