Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

Biebz woke.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@Danny If he can get them on the Hillsong playlist they'll be made.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 pm
children wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:08 pm When do I get to be a Luncheonator like Tyson?
One day when you grow up
So you are saying Ty is all grown up? He will be pleased!
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You must have been out your mind.
Canned audience laughter
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

liz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 pm @Danny If he can get them on the Hillsong playlist they'll be made.
That pastor who’s saying Maynard is the devil won’t allow it :-)
I forgot my pen
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Oh god no now Bieber fans are coming to Fourth Eye Team reddit was bad enough
The most intelligent person on this forum
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

see! Blair mentioned 20 days in the last newsletter. anytime next week is close enough, tix,news. HBs going away which seems to be a thing. its all making sense now.

as far as a single on the radio goes, does the radio matter as much anymore? look at some of the views of the new songs on youtube...over 1 million for each,thousands for others etc etc. if that were me i'd still want a new song all over radio but things are so focused on the net it makes me wonder. radios still important but its not what it use to be.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Has Tool actually officially announced the album? We know they recorded it, mastered it, and have told select live audiences that it is coming August 30th, but to my knowledge there hasn't been an actual announcement. How does a band get this bad at releasing material?

Edit: hahaha "31th"
Last edited by Boldizar on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 am Has Tool actually officially announced the album? We know they recorded it, mastered it, and have told select live audiences that it is coming August 31th, but to my knowledge there hasn't been an actual announcement. How does a band get this bad at releasing material?
The announcement at the live shows followed by Maynard's confirmation via twitter?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

If I am at a TOOL show, some eerie music plays, a screen says "August 30th" and then Danny Carey returns to the stage to play some new music (CCTrip), I think that constitutes an 'official' enough announcement for me. I'm inferring they mean "Hey fans, our new album/music comes out August 30th and here's a sneak peek" when the live show reaches this point...

Also, as Hellboy pointed out, a fan queried this on Twitter i.e. the August 30 date being official, and Maynard replied "Yes" and something like #yesitis.

That's good enough for me.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

@Boldizar is right, the band is bad at releasing material.We know that the album is coming on August 30 but there are a lot of fans who like Tool but they don’t follow Maynard’s Twitter or Google the term “Tool band” daily for news.
It’s a missed opportunity, they should start an ad campaign on the internet and social media, an album that fans have been waiting for 13 years deserves much more.
I forgot my pen
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@Danny Apart from relatively main stream media fourtheye is my connection with the band. Never the less TooLs show never fail to be patronised and despite the lack of popular accolades their albums and concerts sell. They are seriously rich. They do what they do because it is a part of their lives now and they come alive in it. Fuck twitter. It's for twits.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Danny wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am @Boldizar is right, the band is bad at releasing material.We know that the album is coming on August 30 but there are a lot of fans who like Tool but they don’t follow Maynard’s Twitter or Google the term “Tool band” daily for news.
It’s a missed opportunity, they should start an ad campaign on the internet and social media, an album that fans have been waiting for 13 years deserves much more.
Sure, but what would be different? The band have posted various images related to the announcement on their Facebook and Instagram pages, Maynard has confirmed on his twitter.

I don't really dispute that they can't do better, but really, what difference will having a tracklist make, or even a Blair post saying the album is out Aug 30?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Given how upset some are getting over the lack of further info, id argue they're actually hyping the album even more. It's making you lot crave it more. Treat em mean keep em keen n all that.
Last edited by Busty McCracken on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I remember the Laturalus pre release, the logo release that seemed like like a mosque, the scarab beetles

Turns out the album was all about Jewish mysticism
Canned audience laughter
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

While I wouldn't say 'Upset" this Silence as Blair put it is trying. TOOL has always kept themselves "in the dark" so to say. Clearly its not Maynard's way of thinking like it or not he shoves all His other stuff down our throat's. Half of ETE was digitally available before the album dropped. For me its a love/hate. I love this band so much and would buy everything they throw at me. At the same time bands that release too much become watered down. Gees if they Released A new T as part of a new logo I'm leaving work and popping a bottle of Merkin Vineyards patently waiting in my basement!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@ Shed- I fully expect my bottle of merkin to be off by August 30th, or less than stellar to say the least.
I'm confident Maynard has an entirely different perception of TooL, in terms of marketing (or lack there of) , than he does for his other bands.
They don't need to advertise. And TBH I kinda like it that way.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I agree and while they don’t need to it also wouldn’t hurt. I also too kind of like it that way and also kind of like the other way. Like I said Love/Hate lol.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

For goodness sake Shed. Make up your mind! :)
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I mean, you can say they can do better (which the they can), but I am referring specifically to a general announcement from the band that an album is coming. Outside of Maynard's twitter and live show reports, there hasn't been one. How hard is it to put up a logo and date in a news post on Blair's Tool website? Or to create an intro page withe the date and a logo? Even the poorly made MMXIX image was only on twitter and instagram. It just makes no sense why even the smallest, completely official, and I should say, professional statement from the band about the album is non-existent.

Edit: My thoughts were inspired by the discussion over the lack of tracklist, single, format order information etc... but even before all that, we've never even official received a band statement that there is an album coming.
Last edited by Boldizar on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@boldizar - Of course it does.They're fucking with you because they can. It doesn't matter if TooL advertise, the word will get out. When advertisers wake up to the fact that advertising, as they know it, isn't that effecatious they won't announce it because their livelihood will be decimated.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I too find it funny one of the biggest bands in the world has their “Official” new album confirmation via A meme on Maynard’s Twitter feed. It’s 2019 I guess
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

liz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 am @boldizar - Of course it does.They're fucking with you because they can. It doesn't matter if TooL advertise, the word will get out. When advertisers wake up to the fact that advertising, as they know it, isn't that effecatious they won't announce it because their livelihood will be decimated.
Everyone always handicaps Tool as if they are beyond talking to mortals (and personally the band members, to me at least have never acted like this), and sometimes people do get worked up or ask for too much, but how can anyone consider an official, general band announcement that a new album is coming out August 30th to be unnecessary? The argument here is that Tool is so popular they can be lazy and lethargic (again, I don't think the guys are actually like this). I don't get it. It would have taken 10 minutes to write a news post on the website with Alex Grey torch and the date. Why didn't they? It doesn't have to be designated for advertising purposes, but to let people know some general information. Adam couldn't stop telling us at the VIP even how excited they were about the material... well?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I like it the way it is. The Tool world is weird and that's part of the charm.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

I just hope they change their logo. The 10,000 days logo is ugly as fuck.