Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by the chill »

I may have jumped the gun in buying this, because I am not entirely positive this is an official Tool release. At the end of Cold and Ugly it cuts the song off pretty abruptly and that didn’t seem right. Also Hush’s sound quality is quite shit compared to the other songs. It’s quieter and doesn’t sound at all like the other tracks. Other than those few things and there is no “s” at the end of record, just says Volcano Record, it’s good to hear this demo again. It’s been years since I have listen to those song versions, but still don’t know if this is officially from Tool. I would prefer to give my money to them and not some random person that put this “maybe” fake release up. Not sure Blair would even know about this, let alone post on Toolband.com about this, but hope we get official word from somebody in the Tool camp.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Keep in mind it is a demo converted from tape sound quality isn't going to be great. Doubt they had any high quality recordings laying around probably just got ripped right off one of those tapes. Also Apple is extremely careful about what goes on their store and which apps they approve, etc. They probably have some of the best quality control in the industry I highly doubt this is not an official Tool release. It is in fact listed in the official Tool section on ITunes. This was definitely a foot in the water release.

Again this feels like a teaser for what is to come. Toss up an ancient demo and then start adding albums as we get closer to the new album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Just realised I get a long weekend Saturday August 31 to Monday September 2... and I will use my extra time wisely :)
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

this feels like a teaser for what is to come. Toss up an ancient demo and then start adding albums as we get closer to the new album.
ya, for sure! while were all looking in whatever directions i def wasnt thinking this would be the first thing they'd stream yet it makes sense. bastards once again! hehe

i had this tape once upon a time til i decided to sell it. it wasnt super mint or anything. i did actually use it and all that. i was surprised how saught after that thing became. a 5 dollar demo tape bought in the mid 90s going for more then 5 now.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

Well, it’s already been pulled from Apple Music! I don’t get this band? So maybe it was a test all along?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Something fishy here. TOOL still does not exist in my iTunes same old Techno bullshit.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

kind of a weird test if it is. i dont get the vibe here. limited edition digital sale ? ''oh its gone now'' people that didnt get it want it/more hype. come on! aah
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I got it downloaded to my phone whoo hoo but yeah it’s gone again. I could never find it by searching only by clicking on the link that reddit poster found.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Yeah, do you all remember when there was 46 & 2 and Schism both spelled wrong on iTunes a while back. They were up for maybe a day then got taken off because they weren’t official. I am starting to think this was a very good fake and somebody got some quick money from us. We will never know because they haven’t even announced the album coming out on their goddamn official website
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

the chill wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 pm Yeah, do you all remember when there was 46 & 2 and Schism both spelled wrong on iTunes a while back. They were up for maybe a day then got taken off because they weren’t official. I am starting to think this was a very good fake and somebody got some quick money from us. We will never know because they haven’t even announced the album coming out on their goddamn official website
Dude, they announced the album at live shows. What more can you ask for?

Man, it is almost as if they could have released information about their marketing strategy for their digital products and informed their fan base so people didn't waste money on fraudulent products... naaaah
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm
mattw wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 am I remember being a little anxious back in September/October 2010 when TOOL announced they were playing the Big Day Out festival here in Australia in January 2011. At the time, there wasn't much info about side shows even though a LOT of fans were obviously keen to attend if they were going to be announced. We were worried they might not do side shows at all because there was no info or updates whatsoever...

...and then in mid-October the band announced side shows in Brisbane and Melbourne, tickets went on sale with very little promotion, both shows sold out straight away and look at the fucking epic show we got in Brisbane a few months later:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 2d7c9.html

My point is that all the worry or anxiety about whether or not announcements/info was coming was all for nothing. TOOL announced these shows late and didn't really promote them (they didn't need to) but sold out both and then put on one of the best gigs I've ever seen them play. They just delivered. They took a similar low key approach when they toured here again in 2013.

I don't think they are too fussed about all of the hype... keeps an element of mystery about the band... kinda cool... and I think they will deliver in a big way come August 30th. Songs, artwork, tour dates etc. Everything.

P.S. Seeing You Lied with Justin doing some vocals was fucking cool :)
Great show! They had to redeem themselves. Did you see them at BDO gold coast the night before? They sucked.

Orion by Metallica is the direct reason I started playing bass and has always been my favourite song Along with Lateralus. Seeing them combine my two favourite songs into one was also pretty killer.
I went to both shows, and was happy to see them at BDO but wasn't blown away, but the next night up at the Entertainment Center was awesome. When they opened with Third Eye I was stoked...
Be good to each other.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^I've seen them play many times now but that Brisbane show was right up there as one of the best gigs. Here are my top 5 or so:

Brisbane, January 24, 2011

San Diego, January 10, 2016
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 24555.html

Lisbon, July 2, 2019
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 15634.html

Sydney, May 3, 2013
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 80926.html

Brisbane, April 22, 2002
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/200 ... 6a5c4.html

Both Brisbane shows I've seen have been fantastic. Maybe it's just a coincidence or luck (I missed their 2013 gig there). I'm not sure which gig is the best but Brisbane 2011 is definitely top 2 or 3 no matter how i judge it (I really think Third Eye is their best opening song for a show) so I should probably just rank it number 1 overall.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Nobody has mentioned Maynard's response to Bieber...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/may ... 38298.html
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

children wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:35 pm Nobody has mentioned Maynard's response to Bieber...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/may ... 38298.html
:lol: Priceless
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I’m sure he won’t mind the cash flow from his new Bieb fans.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

It's a sad day when people are getting excited over a several decades old EP being added to streaming. I don't understand why anyone would be going crazy about this.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

SoMuchChub wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:36 am It's a sad day when people are getting excited over a several decades old EP being added to streaming. I don't understand why anyone would be going crazy about this.
Speaking as someone who has only recently signed up to a streaming service, I so enjoy the convenience of being able to dial up all the music I love. Not having TooL on the platform is certainly an annoyance. I'm quite confident though that once the new album is out we'll get it and the back catalogue.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

[yt][/yt]
Deftones!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

mattw wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:15 pm ^I've seen them play many times now but that Brisbane show was right up there as one of the best gigs. Here are my top 5 or so:

Brisbane, January 24, 2011

San Diego, January 10, 2016
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 24555.html

Lisbon, July 2, 2019
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 15634.html

Sydney, May 3, 2013
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 80926.html

Brisbane, April 22, 2002
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/200 ... 6a5c4.html

Both Brisbane shows I've seen have been fantastic. Maybe it's just a coincidence or luck (I missed their 2013 gig there). I'm not sure which gig is the best but Brisbane 2011 is definitely top 2 or 3 no matter how i judge it (I really think Third Eye is their best opening song for a show) so I should probably just rank it number 1 overall.
2013 was awesome, but I was in a very different headspace so it was more like psycological medicine for me, whereas 2011 was just bewilderment. Although in 2013 they played Pushit which was excellent.
Be good to each other.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Now that Bieber is a fan, Tool have essentially been reduced to this:
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The conditions of my parole prohibit me from viewing material like that, this is going to be an interesting discussion with my probation officer come Wednesday.

"What do you mean you only watched it because children posted it"

"For the tenth time, that's a username!"
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

SoMuchChub wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:36 am It's a sad day when people are getting excited over a several decades old EP being added to streaming. I don't understand why anyone would be going crazy about this.
I don’t see anyone freaking out about it. Simply nice to see Tool start putting their stuff up on Digital platforms. Many of us have long ago abandoned physical media. Seeing this old EP available for purchase was a pleasant surprise. I am probably the most critical person of Tool on this forum but I see no negatives in this.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 am
I am probably the most critical person of Tool on this forum......

:lol: :lol:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

M0G wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 am but I see no negatives in this.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Missed out on the 72826 :( it's not up anywhere anymore. Wonder if it was really legit in the first place. Apparently the tracks are cut short at the end, and I also heard that Schism and 46 & 2 snuck on there in the past and quickly disappeared.
Ahhh, Infotainment!