Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

That transition sounds edited I listened for the transition alone and it sounds spliced lol. Either way great performance of flood I’m jealous!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I thought the same thing. It may just sound weird but is how they did it live
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Can't say for sure it hasn't Been spliced, maybe it has. Saying that I do have a very fresh memory, that the jump into the grudge had minimal hang time between the two.
Listen to All Them Witches
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Who’s our youngest tool fan around here? My wife’s sister came to in to town for a bit and we got to talking about music and I asked her (23) and her 27 year old cousin who their favorite bands were and they couldn’t give me an answer lol. It might have been the dabs they brought but I began to think about music in general and if it has lost it’s magical touch some due to Spotify and the like? She said she just listens to lofi in the background but can’t really name an artist. My sister is the same but she sort of just likes what’s memeworthy like lilnasx.

During my teens and twenties, hell - even now, I don’t know what I would do without my bands. They were and still are a great coping tool to help in all sorts of ways and I was taken back by their lack of interest in music as a whole. The wait for release day. The excitement going to the record store and finding something new. Am I just an old guy or is music just not as impactful towards the younger crowd?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Music is one of the oldest bonds humans have and share together. Attention spans are getting shorter no doubt, but people's enjoyment of music is still out there most definitely
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

My daughter (16) likes Tool and Twenty One Pilots and Muse. She went with me to see Muse play at Goffert parc in Nijmegen and Twenty one Pilots and Tool at Ziggodome in Amsterdam.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I work in an office of 10 people with 3 people who I would say are actually music fans, I've found this in other offices I've worked as well. Some people just don't really care for music or if they do it's pop music on the radio.

The there are the type where if you play 'I'm Broken' really loud they scream 'Turn off the devils music!'
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

So true about offices.

My daughter recently bought a vinyl player. Since last year she really dug into music. Went through my CD collection, went past that through youtube and spotify and now is fan of Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Led Zeppelin and the Beatles (especially the lesser known songs of them) foremost. My son wants to go along when TooL is playing again. He is more into the newer music (Tool, Deftones, Linkin Park).

But all in all pretty cool they like that kinda music and have the attention span to listen a vinyl from start to back. :)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:02 pm I work in an office of 10 people with 3 people who I would say are actually music fans, I've found this in other offices I've worked as well. Some people just don't really care for music or if they do it's pop music on the radio.

The there are the type where if you play 'I'm Broken' really loud they scream 'Turn off the devils music!'
I hope at that point you start throwing chairs at them and commence headbanging that shiny shaved head of yours?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:59 pm Die hards is putting it nicely.
I am far from a die hard but if it is fake they got me. Who gives a shit? I never got my hands on that demo, saw it up on ITunes and figured cool first thing they put up digitally it’s 6 bucks easy decision. I am surprised no one has made any official statement about it but regardless I don’t give a shit. That is on the label, Tool and the digital platforms if they somehow got one pulled over on them. Like I said, 6 bucks if it’s fake oh well.

I can tell you this much it isn’t entirely fake it is the demo just doesn’t seem to be an official release since a song cuts off and Hush volume is lower but those songs are from the demo. Simply looks like it wasn’t Volcano that released it.

So was it a waste? Not really. Never heard that early version of Sober. So again, fuck it, 6 bucks
The most intelligent person on this forum
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

"Praise the boys" "don't give a shit" "far from a die-hard fuck, tell you what.."
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Are you drunk again?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Mog's in line with at least one fucking thing from the beginning of this album
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

What? Are you having a seizure or something?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

If you havn't touched ''Descending' , <3
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

What are you on about man? Actually fuck it don’t worry about it you do you it’s all good
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

this is fantastic!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Band will release what they want when they want
also, Avatar!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:21 pm
tys0n wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:02 pm I work in an office of 10 people with 3 people who I would say are actually music fans, I've found this in other offices I've worked as well. Some people just don't really care for music or if they do it's pop music on the radio.

I hope at that point you start throwing chairs at them and commence headbanging that shiny shaved head of yours?
I started headbanging with the purple one, didn't last long at that job, apparently I had too many shortcomings.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am
Bill Hilly wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:59 pm Die hards is putting it nicely.
I am far from a die hard but if it is fake they got me. Who gives a shit? I never got my hands on that demo, saw it up on ITunes and figured cool first thing they put up digitally it’s 6 bucks easy decision. I am surprised no one has made any official statement about it but regardless I don’t give a shit. That is on the label, Tool and the digital platforms if they somehow got one pulled over on them. Like I said, 6 bucks if it’s fake oh well.

I can tell you this much it isn’t entirely fake it is the demo just doesn’t seem to be an official release since a song cuts off and Hush volume is lower but those songs are from the demo. Simply looks like it wasn’t Volcano that released it.

So was it a waste? Not really. Never heard that early version of Sober. So again, fuck it, 6 bucks
They say there is one born every minute but this just makes me believe in reincarnation.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

So... do you reckon we will get a new album update this week?

Album name? Hint of artwork? Cryptic Blair post? More streaming mysteries on iTunes?

I'm curious about this new stuff...
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tour dates are rumoured to be in the works. thats probably more concrete then anything else right now. its half way thru July, promotion of some sorts you think would happen anytime now.
Last edited by bob on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Twenty One Pilots and Greta Van Fleet are the two shittiest rock bands goin these days
brianlikesmovies
My pain is just an excuse

Post by brianlikesmovies »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:02 pm Who’s our youngest tool fan around here? My wife’s sister came to in to town for a bit and we got to talking about music and I asked her (23) and her 27 year old cousin who their favorite bands were and they couldn’t give me an answer lol. It might have been the dabs they brought but I began to think about music in general and if it has lost it’s magical touch some due to Spotify and the like? She said she just listens to lofi in the background but can’t really name an artist. My sister is the same but she sort of just likes what’s memeworthy like lilnasx.

During my teens and twenties, hell - even now, I don’t know what I would do without my bands. They were and still are a great coping tool to help in all sorts of ways and I was taken back by their lack of interest in music as a whole. The wait for release day. The excitement going to the record store and finding something new. Am I just an old guy or is music just not as impactful towards the younger crowd?
I mean, I'm 19 and relatively new to this sub. I've been a die hard moment for the past 4 years. First found tool by buying Aenima becausd I thought the art was cool. Been stalking the forums for any albun updates since. I actually saw Tool for the first time at Rockville this year, and it was the best show i've experienced. And I saw APC in 2017, love all of Maynard's projects.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

This is the week we will get something! If not I will just stop predicting until next week. So close.