Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
children
Metalologist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by children »

Takeo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 am Twenty One Pilots and Greta Van Fleet are the two shittiest rock bands goin these days
Totally agree. I get bored just thinking about their music. Same with Ed Sheeran. People actually feel something from his music, astonishingly.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:13 am
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am
Bill Hilly wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:59 pm Die hards is putting it nicely.
I am far from a die hard but if it is fake they got me. Who gives a shit? I never got my hands on that demo, saw it up on ITunes and figured cool first thing they put up digitally it’s 6 bucks easy decision. I am surprised no one has made any official statement about it but regardless I don’t give a shit. That is on the label, Tool and the digital platforms if they somehow got one pulled over on them. Like I said, 6 bucks if it’s fake oh well.

I can tell you this much it isn’t entirely fake it is the demo just doesn’t seem to be an official release since a song cuts off and Hush volume is lower but those songs are from the demo. Simply looks like it wasn’t Volcano that released it.

So was it a waste? Not really. Never heard that early version of Sober. So again, fuck it, 6 bucks
They say there is one born every minute but this just makes me believe in reincarnation.
Oh fuck off it was listed on ITunes under Tool's own fucking section. This isn't bandcamp someone at ITunes put it up with Tool's biography etc etc

And as I said it IS the fucking demo. It isn't like it is Joe's neighborhood cover it is that 72826 demo, just not officially released from Volcano. Song lengths are fine Hush volume is a tad low and the one song cut off a bit short but that is the demo so what is the fucking problem? Regardless of how it got up there we bought the 72826 demo.

So again, fuck off
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

children wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am
Takeo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 am Twenty One Pilots and Greta Van Fleet are the two shittiest rock bands goin these days
Totally agree. I get bored just thinking about their music. Same with Ed Sheeran. People actually feel something from his music, astonishingly.
Who are you to wave your finger? Christ you write a goddamn thesis every third post pontificating to the highest Tool random alphabetical song titles and their esoteric meanings and other absolutely bat shit crazy pseudo-spiritual mumbo jumbo as if Tool's music by itself has the power to heal the fucking world and you are going to bash people who claim to "feel" something from Ed Sheeran?

That said I hate Ed Sheeran's music and all pop music for that matter. But in terms of bubble gum pop I would say that Sheeran dude is a least a little better than some of the rest. Regardless if some casual music fan finds something that resonates with them from a pop song does that somehow make their feelings invalid?

Lionel Ritchie is a pop icon and while I don't listen to his music on the regular every time I hear Hello I get a small dose of the feels. It is just fantastic piece of music sung incredibly well.

The world of music is much bigger than Tool.
Matthewc25
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Matthewc25 »

Off topic.. We are 46 days until the release date. I got to hand it to Tool, they have built up not only 13 years of hype but since they announced the release date they haven’t said a thing. Talk about hype. Everyone is chomping at the bit for the slightest amount of news. The internet will break when they actually release viable news. Or, they don’t say anything and just release it. No marketing at all. They don’t exactly need it.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

If we don’t get anything this week I will begin to think nothing will come until aug 30
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

We don't get anything this week, besides some pictures of their kids on Instagram.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

This has been the longest month of my life.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

It is well known that there are seven months with 31 days - January, March, May, July, August, October and December.

February is always the shortest month, with only 28 days (or 29 days in a leap year).

However, it is a little known fact that one month of the year is always longer than the others.

Which month is it?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

September - 9 letters long.

Try not to copy and paste next time :)
https://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/4 ... month.html
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

I was lazy, sorry.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:42 pm This has been the longest month of my life.
You must be relatively young? Take solace in the fact that the longer you hang around this earth life will only get way more complicated and you will yearn for the days when your biggest worries were the new tool album

Listen to All Them Witches
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:42 pm This has been the longest month of my life.
You must be relatively young? Take solace in the fact that the longer you hang around this earth life will only get way more complicated and you will yearn for the days when your biggest worries were the new tool album

Lol. I've been through hell and back already my friend. I don't anticipate things like I used to. This album however is an exception. It's my relief from the bullshit i go through every day.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Lol. I've been through hell and back already my friend. I don't anticipate things like I used to. This album however is an exception. It's my relief from the bullshit i go through every day.
Glad ya saw I was just having a laugh mate. Just wanted to be a nihlist for a minute there. Month and a half To go bud, almost there.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 pm
PulsedHalo wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Glad ya saw I was just having a laugh mate. Just wanted to be a nihlist for a minute there. Month and a half To go bud, almost there.
Seems so far away!!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I am rooting for another album delay just to tweak the people who haven't listened to Descending and Invincible yet
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am

I am far from a die hard but if it is fake they got me. Who gives a shit? I never got my hands on that demo, saw it up on ITunes and figured cool first thing they put up digitally it’s 6 bucks easy decision. I am surprised no one has made any official statement about it but regardless I don’t give a shit. That is on the label, Tool and the digital platforms if they somehow got one pulled over on them. Like I said, 6 bucks if it’s fake oh well.

I can tell you this much it isn’t entirely fake it is the demo just doesn’t seem to be an official release since a song cuts off and Hush volume is lower but those songs are from the demo. Simply looks like it wasn’t Volcano that released it.

So was it a waste? Not really. Never heard that early version of Sober. So again, fuck it, 6 bucks
They say there is one born every minute but this just makes me believe in reincarnation.
Oh fuck off it was listed on ITunes under Tool's own fucking section. This isn't bandcamp someone at ITunes put it up with Tool's biography etc etc

And as I said it IS the fucking demo. It isn't like it is Joe's neighborhood cover it is that 72826 demo, just not officially released from Volcano. Song lengths are fine Hush volume is a tad low and the one song cut off a bit short but that is the demo so what is the fucking problem? Regardless of how it got up there we bought the 72826 demo.

So again, fuck off
I've got some Tool endorsed beans I'm selling if you're interested.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:37 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm

So again, fuck off
I've got some Tool endorsed beans I'm selling if you're interested.
Feel free to shove them up your ass
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:35 pm I am rooting for another album delay just to tweak the people who haven't listened to Descending and Invincible yet
Something tells me you'd be more butt-hurt about it than I.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm
M0G wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:35 pm I am rooting for another album delay just to tweak the people who haven't listened to Descending and Invincible yet
Something tells me you'd be more butt-hurt about it than I.
Na any annoyance I felt would be erased by the joy of Toolio tears if the 30th came around and there was no album. Plus I get to rant about George R.R. Martin again. Win win
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

You're kidding yourself once again Mog
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ha! thats still a possibility but it prob will arrive on time. imagine that though ''oh delays at the factory,it wont be till the end of October'' they prob wouldnt even say that. they would show a new date on the screen thing at some show. oh geeze!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

It wouldn’t surprise me. We had it all wrong!! They will release Descending/Invincible on Aug 30th. Full album in October
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Wouldn’t be mad