Fear Inoculum

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken »

I think you're taking the term 'thanking" a little too personally and literally there man.
Listen to All Them Witches
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:10 pm How long have you been touring with the band for Jnr?
Since 1996 I guess.
No idea why but assumed he hadn't been on board since that far back. Man If that's case , our mate Junior would have seen some incredible shows!!

If you're still online Junior , mind if I ask if there's any particular shows over the years that have stood out as favourites where everything was just on for that particular evening?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:10 pm How long have you been touring with the band for Jnr?
Since 1996 I guess.
No idea why but assumed he hadn't been on board since that far back. Man If that's case , our mate Junior would have seen some incredible shows!!
I'm not 100% sure about 1996, you better ask Hellboy, as far as I remember he posted an interview with Junior a couple of years ago.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 pm I think you're taking the term 'thanking" a little too personally and literally there man.
Yep but I saw an opportunity for a little dig and took it.

I obviously get what you are on about. Most of the time I look for the positives. With Tool, after 13 years, not happening. When the new album is out, and if it is good, then I won't have anything further negative to say. Back catalogue will be out digitally. New album will be out. Really nothing left to troll about and even if there was I might be a cunt but I am not so awful that I would continue to fuck around with people when they are excited and listening to a new album and wanting to talk about it.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

@Hellboy.. you got a link floating around for that interview ?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I remember seeing a short video with both Junior and Paul in it, so that would be 1996 or earlier.

Can't remember if it was backstage or a recording studio, but I remember Paul featured prominently in the video (talking about his gear or packing it up?) and Junior was working in the background or helping put something away.

I remember Junior commenting about that video too, but that was some time ago.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 pm I think you're taking the term 'thanking" a little too personally and literally there man.

I obviously get what you are on about. Most of the time I look for the positives. With Tool, after 13 years, not happening. When the new album is out, and if it is good, then I won't have anything further negative to say. Back catalogue will be out digitally. New album will be out. Really nothing left to troll about and even if there was I might be a cunt but I am not so awful that I would continue to fuck around with people when they are excited and listening to a new album and wanting to talk about it.
I don't know... I can see a rant coming up about the choice of font they decided on in the liner notes :lol:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:18 pm
Since 1996 I guess.

If you're still online Junior , mind if I ask if there's any particular shows over the years that have stood out as favourites where everything was just on for that particular evening?
Yeah, 1996.
The "Glass House" show in Pomona at the start of the "Aenima" tour was my first with them.

Sorry to go off topic.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Cheers for the reply. Man.. 23 years of touring with tool for a living. Can think of worse occupations. Well done!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:33 pm Yeah, 1996.
The "Glass House" show in Pomona at the start of the "Aenima" tour was my first with them.

Sorry to go off topic.
Ah, Justin was on stage at that point...so maybe Paul was just hanging out in the video I was thinking about. 8-)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:33 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:30 pm

I don't know... I can see a rant coming up about the choice of font they decided on in the liner notes :lol:
lol na plus i won't even see them i am buying digitally
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:42 pm lol na plus i won't even see them i am buying digitally
Has there been confirmation that the new album will be available digitally or on streaming services August 30th?

How crazy would that be? :lol:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 am
limeygringo wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Prison Sex has always been Drop B. That comment has got me curious, but they definitely didn't play it in Europe when this interview happened.
It was an error. The Pot is being played in drop D standard down a whole step to C for Maynard to "cut loose to". The other song he's referring to is the one they were playing which, similar to Prison Sex, has the lowest string tuned to B, but also the second lowest string to E, that being Parabol/a.
He might have mis-spoke.
Back when Prison Sex was still regularly in the show (the 90's) Adam usually toured with 3 Les Pauls. 2 Silverbursts (main and spare), and a 3rd Les Paul with a different finish. It had more of a tan/orange hue to it, but I don't think it was a Sunburst, unless it had severely faded. I think it was just a natural finish of some kind. I'm sure there must be a photo of it somewhere online.
That 3rd one was often informally referred to as the "Prison Sex" guitar, because it was tuned to that B tuning, and may have had different gauge strings on it, as well.
When Parabol/a started getting played in the set on the Lateralus tour, the same guitar was used for that song.
There was a period of time when neither song was in the set ("10,000 Days" tour?), and the "Prison Sex" guitar didn't even come on the road.

At some point the alternate tuned "The Pot" and "Parabol/a" came back, but I don't know if he's using the "Prison Sex" guitar for either of those or if there is just a dedicated Silverburst in the rack for them. I haven't been looking that close, to be honest.

Given that informal name, maybe Adam was just referring to that name more so than the actual song.
Interesting tidbit here junior, thanks for that. Perhaps he was thinking of the name of the guitar.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

junior wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm
Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 am
limeygringo wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Prison Sex has always been Drop B. That comment has got me curious, but they definitely didn't play it in Europe when this interview happened.
It was an error. The Pot is being played in drop D standard down a whole step to C for Maynard to "cut loose to". The other song he's referring to is the one they were playing which, similar to Prison Sex, has the lowest string tuned to B, but also the second lowest string to E, that being Parabol/a.
He might have mis-spoke.
Back when Prison Sex was still regularly in the show (the 90's) Adam usually toured with 3 Les Pauls. 2 Silverbursts (main and spare), and a 3rd Les Paul with a different finish. It had more of a tan/orange hue to it, but I don't think it was a Sunburst, unless it had severely faded. I think it was just a natural finish of some kind. I'm sure there must be a photo of it somewhere online.
That 3rd one was often informally referred to as the "Prison Sex" guitar, because it was tuned to that B tuning, and may have had different gauge strings on it, as well.
When Parabol/a started getting played in the set on the Lateralus tour, the same guitar was used for that song.
There was a period of time when neither song was in the set ("10,000 Days" tour?), and the "Prison Sex" guitar didn't even come on the road.

At some point the alternate tuned "The Pot" and "Parabol/a" came back, but I don't know if he's using the "Prison Sex" guitar for either of those or if there is just a dedicated Silverburst in the rack for them. I haven't been looking that close, to be honest.

Given that informal name, maybe Adam was just referring to that name more so than the actual song.
Thanks for the info, Junior! I'll say from what I remember seeing, I saw Adam bust out the yellow-orange Les Paul for a detuned Pot. I distinctly remember that when I saw one of the LA 2010 shows. Maybe it's changed since then.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

nxrm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:49 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:42 pm lol na plus i won't even see them i am buying digitally
Has there been confirmation that the new album will be available digitally or on streaming services August 30th?

How crazy would that be? :lol:
They said their catalogue I think it is safe to say the new album will be available digitally. If by some insane fluke it was not I would not purchase it. Simple.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

You can plug your brain in and download the album, mog. But I'm going to think of you when I slowly and delicately unwrap the cd package. We will both unwrap it, together.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

joeypants wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:25 pm I do believe I'll be dropping some L for my first listen. Why not.

Edit: going to DMT land after first listen then back to it again. A fine Friday indeed!
zip.
go taff!
Son of Lebowski
Maynard Believer

Post by Son of Lebowski »

I think the album will probably explore fear in a negative light, specifically how we are inundated with things to be afraid of or anxious over. I also think it will explore the benefits of fear, as in the survival instinct and the practical need to be afraid of death and extinction. That's what I get from Descending
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

I'm convinced Tool and the reps are trying really hard to confuse the public in regards to the album content and what is actually on the album.
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Prison Sex is a big ass typo from Parabola. Lol..

Misspoke would be more likely. Adam saying “Prison Sex” when he meant “Parabola”.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Adam thinking about the name of the guitar that he uses for Parabola is also likely, since Junior pointed out that they refer to that guitar as the "Prison Sex" guitar, specifically.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Ziggs - thanks for posting the GP article dude. I finally got to decent WiFi and was able to read it. Very cool.

So stoked to hear this thing in its entirety finally.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

WUT
Kittaan wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:14 pm @ Ziggs - thanks for posting the GP article dude. I finally got to decent WiFi and was able to read it. Very cool.

So stoked to hear this thing in its entirety finally.
You're welcome, Mr. Salvador Dali
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Sample from amazon:

Tool
Fear Inoculum

www.amazon.com/dp/B07VZWWD93/

WTF
- You like noisy music?
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

That has the band listed as Fear Inoculum. Not sure it’s related.