Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

You know, maybe TOOL didn't go digital all those years is because they knew their songs would be more popular than anything else around and they wanted to avoid the spotlight haha.

Now the whole world is being exposed to them more than ever and TOOL is going to be more popular than they have been before, most likely. It may get crazy for them, and as we know, they don't deal with the business side of the band very well so it will be a disaster if they were to get an extreme amount of attention once the new music is out and it may be overwhelming.

Millions of people are just now discovering TOOL after we all waited 13 goddamn years. Peoples tiny minds are being blown across the world! Think about it. To us, the catalog being put up is great but we all know that music so well it's not that big a deal; for other people who are new to them, they are getting 4 new albums and an EP that are going to change their lives, and then they will get Fear Inoculum on top of that. They are going to be the most legendary band ever; I mean they already are, but it's just the beginning now...again...haha
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

you think so though ? theres a rabid fan base for tool so this skyrocketing in the charts is to be expected i guess. i figured they would do well with streaming but i didnt think it would be like the last day or so either. its been a short couple days and that will fade out and a lot of new ''fans'' might not care to go to the shows anyway. im sure it will get some new ones but i dont think Tools going to turn into Bon Jovi either :S

all die hards need is having a tougher time getting good tickets. its already been tough enough since 2006. no one needs that getting worse!

if they have issues with there website thats their own fault. time to spend some membership mulla to fix that place up a bit. VIP,signed stuff etc etc. whats the hold up eh ? ;)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah they need a proper presale for fans.
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I don't know really. Anything can happen. It would be bittersweet for them to get substantially more popular. I mean what if every person on Earth suddenly became as obsessed with Tool as we are? It would be cool for them I suppose, but bad news for us when it comes to concert tickets unfortunately.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

That Drake album that they beat is only a compilation or something, but it's still impressive. I'm surprised Aenima is their most popular album.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Alright, I'm back from a few days off - can someone summarise what I missed? Link to the Revolver thing?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:51 am Alright, I'm back from a few days off - can someone summarise what I missed? Link to the Revolver thing?
Revolver article says 7 songs plus 2 segues clocking in at 85 minutes. All tools music is now available for streaming and aenima has knocked drake off the number one spot on iTunes. Few more bits and bobs but that's the big stuff.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:51 am Alright, I'm back from a few days off - can someone summarise what I missed? Link to the Revolver thing?
please share the the full article if you get your hands on it. afaik page 1 is still missing
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

You took a vacation during the craziest time in Tool’s history, trending Tweets, people posting videos of them jamming Tools songs in their cars, loads of verified accounts(famous ppl) on Intsa and Twitter posting about Tool finally streaming their music.

I think they did a good job, the hype is at all time high.

And that Trump meme Adam and Toolmusic posted on Insta was hillarious.
I forgot my pen
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Does it seem like there's a lot more than one page missing from that Revolver article? Given they're the cover feature, and going off the 10k days cover feature, I'd expect a longer interview.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the band will be able to handle an influx of more money. The downside is how jarring it is to see Tool interwoven with the pop music dregs on iTunes. So dirty!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I love the fact that their music is hitting a wider audience. A whole new generation of kids will discover Tool because of this, remember how cool it was when you first heard Tool? I don't begrudge anyone that experience one bit.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

@Tool_User exactly.

I wish they had a song eligible for a single on the new album, i like the long intricate songs more but a 5 minute single would have been good for them to get some new fans. I’m sure a lot of ppl disagree with me.
I forgot my pen
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

A lot of these new Tool fans don't know about their legal battle they had years ago. I can't stand how they blame Tool for not releasing anything
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Danny wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:42 am @Tool_User exactly.

I wish they had a song eligible for a single on the new album, i like the long intricate songs more but a 5 minute single would have been good for them to get some new fans. I’m sure a lot of ppl disagree with me.
Yeah I've no doubt it would. Tool are a record labels worst nightmare lol
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:23 am Does it seem like there's a lot more than one page missing from that Revolver article? Given they're the cover feature, and going off the 10k days cover feature, I'd expect a longer interview.
My thoughts exactly. There is no way it isn't longer than that.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

B948D748-FF3A-40E2-A445-3CC726424312.jpeg
B948D748-FF3A-40E2-A445-3CC726424312.jpeg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
All well Whatever, Nevermind
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

So it's gotta be a bug/insect themed cover, right? Why else would Blair talk about Rance Q Spartley and all that nonsense. I guess we did get some artwork with bugs for posters and live visuals and such, but it seems kind of pointless if there nothing more to it. Maybe Fear Inoculum has some bug concept mixed in there..
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

children wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:46 pm So it's gotta be a bug/insect themed cover, right? Why else would Blair talk about Rance Q Spartley and all that nonsense. I guess we did get some artwork with bugs for posters and live visuals and such, but it seems kind of pointless if there nothing more to it. Maybe Fear Inoculum has some bug concept mixed in there..
Blair has been talking that nonsense about rance since way before the band even began considering album art, that would be my guess anyways...
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

I'm curious if any of the new visuals from recent touring are a hint of what we may see.

The blurry background has to be the cover, right?
Last edited by alteridiom on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

The blurry background has to be the cover right?