TooL reaction videos

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

TooL reaction videos

Post by basejumper »

I periodically come across these 'reaction' videos... weird concept to me but they can be entertaining and funny at times I suppose. I'm sure there will be many more of these popping up with the new album coming soon. I like the ones from people who appreciate the musicianship and have never actually heard TooL before.

This girl is a vocal coach and you can see her fall in love with Maynard and TooL right before your eyes. Haha!

Professor of Lesbian Science
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: TooL reaction videos

Post by Busty McCracken »

Not that I can testify to have ever watched more than a handful of these but I do question the legitimacy of alot of them.
Listen to All Them Witches
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Can't stand reaction videos. My 11 year old daughter loves them the lol
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I'm hoping M0G posts his!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

The laziest videos people can make. "Holy Gift Reaction video" is what killed Cobain.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I'm not big on YouTube reaction/reviews or what not, but I fucking love this video

Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Oh Goodness Titties? :shock: :lol:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

The dude with 'HOLD ON BRUUUUUUHH' has some funny videos.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Haha!
How is they doing that????

children
Metalologist

Post by children »

"I don't know what pace to bang my head to." Lol
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I don’t think I’ve ever made it more than a few minutes through a reaction video. That was actually interesting and I agree with at least some of what they said. Especially the way dude on the right talked about dissecting and absorbing the parts of the whole. I’ve always done that as well.

Loulz... reaction to reaction video. That’s what’s coming next?
Ki77aan :twisted:
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:55 am I don’t think I’ve ever made it more than a few minutes through a reaction video. That was actually interesting and I agree with at least some of what they said. Especially the way dude on the right talked about dissecting and absorbing the parts of the whole. I’ve always done that as well.

Loulz... reaction to reaction video. That’s what’s coming next?
A reaction on your reaction...

...wait...
msalter
Maynard Believer

Post by msalter »

this one is pretty good.. sorry if it was already posted.

msalter
Maynard Believer

Post by msalter »

I like this one a lot too.

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I have watched two reaction videos that both said the same thing which I find to be a ridiculous criticism. Both spoke glowingly about the quality of the composition and the playing. Both complained that it sounded too much like TOOL. You are reviewing a fucking TOOL song. What exactly were you expecting? Just about every single popular rock band on the planet that releases a new album their new songs will always sound slightly similar to older ones just based off of the style alone. There are differences of course but a band works to develop a particular sound and naturally new material is going to fall within the confines of the sound they have worked to construct.

Unless a band literally completely changes genres there will only ever be degrees of variation. To criticize Fear Inoculum because it sounds too much like a Tool song is absurd. Criticize the playing, the vocal style, the production actually analyze the song. I am not entirely sure what these people were looking for. Did they expect a jazz fusion album? Experimental drone? Christ even when Opeth jumped on the 70s prog ship they still SOUNDED LIKE OPETH.

If you properly analyze this song and break it down from a theory and composition standpoint this is extremely different by Tool standards. The tone and flow the lyric style the cadence this is as about as "different" as you are going to get in a Tool song.

I am all for criticism. I hated this song at first and it took me quite a few listens before I started to get what was going on and what Tool were after with this track. But doing a ten minute review complementing the level of playing only to end it by complaining that it sounds too much like other Tool songs is short sighted at best.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:31 am I have watched two reaction videos that both said the same thing which I find to be a ridiculous criticism. Both spoke glowingly about the quality of the composition and the playing. Both complained that it sounded too much like TOOL. You are reviewing a fucking TOOL song. What exactly were you expecting? Just about every single popular rock band on the planet that releases a new album their new songs will always sound slightly similar to older ones just based off of the style alone. There are differences of course but a band works to develop a particular sound and naturally new material is going to fall within the confines of the sound they have worked to construct.

Unless a band literally completely changes genres there will only ever be degrees of variation. To criticize Fear Inoculum because it sounds too much like a Tool song is absurd. Criticize the playing, the vocal style, the production actually analyze the song. I am not entirely sure what these people were looking for. Did they expect a jazz fusion album? Experimental drone? Christ even when Opeth jumped on the 70s prog ship they still SOUNDED LIKE OPETH.

If you properly analyze this song and break it down from a theory and composition standpoint this is extremely different by Tool standards. The tone and flow the lyric style the cadence this is as about as "different" as you are going to get in a Tool song.

I am all for criticism. I hated this song at first and it took me quite a few listens before I started to get what was going on and what Tool were after with this track. But doing a ten minute review complementing the level of playing only to end it by complaining that it sounds too much like other Tool songs is short sighted at best.
This was a refreshing, high quality post from M0G, but it did sound a little too much like M0G. 8/10
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Well played my friend 10/10!!
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Who cares about all these reaction videos? Not me. Boring.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's a strange world now where people seek out other peoples opinions/reactions to things instead of forming one of their own. Leads me to believe alf the population are basically sleepwalking through life and following the cues of others.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

What gets me the most is that goggle box show. Apparently it's a show that people watch of other people watching tv shows. When they question the moment we hit rock bottom as a species as far as positive evolution goes this has to rank somewhere up there surely.
Listen to All Them Witches
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

@MOG is right on the money.

Also reviewing and reacting to music is redundant imo. These days everyone with an internet connection acts like an expert, especially movie reviewers, they do the impossible to find flaws.

Remember the Pitchfork Lateralus reviews, that was one for the ages.
I forgot my pen
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I like the Irish chick. And Kel’s tits. That’s aboot it. That said, as all the millennials say now a days; “Fucking cringe.”
SteveBobSteve
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Some of you may find this guy annoying, but I love his outlook on everything. Most positive reaction possible.

"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson