Oh and a pinball machine!
Oh fuck...wouldn't that be something!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Re: Tool - is this their last album?

Post by St. Troy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:22 pmOh and a pinball machine!
...there has to be a twist.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

St. Troy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am
It is a PS4 game. Take that KISS!!
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:05 am
St. Troy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am
It is a PS4 game. Take that KISS!!
Commodore 64, endorsed by Lionel Richie, at 64.

Fuck, he’s already 70. Damn he looks good for 70....
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Lionel Richie called, Hellooo !!!
C_Dreyer
Maynard Believer

Post by C_Dreyer »

children wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:33 pm I'm counting on a few live albums, or even a dozen or two or three box sets full of live recordings and all sorts of other bonus material that good be in the vault. I would rather have that than any dumb new album. Live is where the real magic is at for me... that said... can Fear Incorporated leak already!
Robert Fripp's label https://www.dgmlive.com/ is an ideal model I'd say. They have done a tremendous job over the last 15 years allowing Crimson fans to feast on all kinds of archival material, tons of remasters, and insane box sets. Not to mention the current lineup's live output.

I've spent more time listening to Tool bootlegs over the years than the albums. With so many amazing tours, they've got to be loaded with top quality live recordings. Just one box set surveying their career would be great. Or do what Fugazi did and release EVERY live show digitally. Doubtful

Here's hoping their new label freedom allows for movement along these lines.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Yeah that's the kind of treatment Tool need to have for their archival material. Hey that's a good name for a box set! Archival rhymes with Salival guys! I get excited just imagining what they may have waiting for us down the line. Just knowing that they have hours and hours worth of live material makes my ears water haha
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Most likely, with how long it takes them to do something, FI is their last album. If not, then they might squeeze out one more.
children wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:33 pm I'm counting on a few live albums, or even a dozen or two or three box sets full of live recordings and all sorts of other bonus material that good be in the vault. I would rather have that than any dumb new album. Live is where the real magic is at for me... that said... can Fear Incorporated leak already!
Yeah, I'm hoping for some live box sets. A "Best Of" from each album tour would be great.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

When I first got my plasma hdtv they had some concert channel that would just air gigs in high def. I was glued nonstop. Give me that but with tool over the span of their career and I will pay whatever.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm When I first got my plasma hdtv they had some concert channel that would just air gigs in high def. I was glued nonstop. Give me that but with tool over the span of their career and I will pay whatever.
Was it Palladia? Which is now MTV live I guess. I use to session Palladia really cool concerts on there.

Hoping we get some cool Single release for Fear Inoculum Like the Vicarious, Parabol/Parabola type thing. Also with the backlog of material TOOL has yet to release even if FI is their last album we still have a ton to look forward to. As long as TOOL let us. I do think a few years down the line the boys will get the itch again and maybe do that One song thing Danny wants to do.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

As a fan (duh) I'd be fine with them putting a pin in it as long as they publicly say "we're done"

We already have a wealth of material in terms of quality and the quantity can come from remasters and live recordings.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:33 am As a fan (duh) I'd be fine with them putting a pin in it as long as they publicly say "we're done"

We already have a wealth of material in terms of quality and the quantity can come from remasters and live recordings.
See that's actually a big ask. I don't expect them to commit and certainly a commitment to never is nonsensical.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 am certainly a commitment to never is nonsensical.
It's called being honest and forthright, something that usually escapes your gender.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 am
liz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 am certainly a commitment to never is nonsensical.
It's called being honest and forthright, something that usually escapes your gender.
Nah its called keeping your options open which is only ever sensible.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:00 am
:lol:

Incels would have field day with that response.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:03 am

Its not a nice terminology I grant you but hey these guys coined it for themselves, given that, any joy they could take from my utterances, I'd be happy to grant them.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 am

Its not a nice terminology I grant you but hey these guys coined it for themselves, given that, any joy they could take from my utterances, I'd be happy to grant them.
Like I said, our gender is honest and forthright, so when a guy calls himself "involuntary celibate" he knows exactly what he means and the brush he's tarring himself with, whereas when a woman says she's "keeping her options open" she would never call herself a slut when it's kinda obvious what she is.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:16 am
liz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 am

Like I said, our gender is honest and forthright, so when a guy calls himself "involuntary celibate" he knows exactly what he means and the brush he's tarring himself with, whereas when a woman says she's "keeping her options open" she would never call herself a slut when it's kinda obvious what she is.
Well if you want to call Tool sluts that's your prerogative. From my perspective though they have well and truly earned their options.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Well Maynard has been shared around a lot, Justin & Danny have strayed, the only pure one is Adam, I mean we all heard those rumours of Noiseland Arcade but where's the proof?
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 am Well Maynard has been shared around a lot, Justin & Danny have strayed, the only pure one is Adam, I mean we all heard those rumours of Noiseland Arcade but where's the proof?
lol pay that!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Shed523 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:26 am
rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm When I first got my plasma hdtv they had some concert channel that would just air gigs in high def. I was glued nonstop. Give me that but with tool over the span of their career and I will pay whatever.
Was it Palladia? Which is now MTV live I guess. I use to session Palladia really cool concerts on there.

Hoping we get some cool Single release for Fear Inoculum Like the Vicarious, Parabol/Parabola type thing. Also with the backlog of material TOOL has yet to release even if FI is their last album we still have a ton to look forward to. As long as TOOL let us. I do think a few years down the line the boys will get the itch again and maybe do that One song thing Danny wants to do.
Yeah! Great channel. I would watch that and some nature show that would show the sunrise from some obscure location each day. Now I have a 4K tv and stream everything and it sucks. But a tool live blue ray? Man I would gobble that up.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

After years of wanting one and watching bootlegs over and over and over, I only want a Tool bluray if it is going to have 1 flat, total state angle, then one angle angle for each band member, allowing you to switch between them yourself as you watch. If they can't do that, I am fine with bootlegs. I really don't want some objectively edited POS in regards to Tool and their music.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:30 am After years of wanting one and watching bootlegs over and over and over, I only want a Tool bluray if it is going to have 1 flat, total state angle, then one angle angle for each band member, allowing you to switch between them yourself as you watch. If they can't do that, I am fine with bootlegs. I really don't want some objectively edited POS in regards to Tool and their music.
King Crimson had a cool DVD years ago ("Deja Vroom") where you could select one of the 6 band members and the camera edit and sound mix would favour that player.
Metallica did something similar for a few of the songs on a DVD called "Cunning Stunts" (not that clever of a title, considering at least 2 other bands used it before them).
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

junior wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:10 am
Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:30 am After years of wanting one and watching bootlegs over and over and over, I only want a Tool bluray if it is going to have 1 flat, total state angle, then one angle angle for each band member, allowing you to switch between them yourself as you watch. If they can't do that, I am fine with bootlegs. I really don't want some objectively edited POS in regards to Tool and their music.
King Crimson had a cool DVD years ago ("Deja Vroom") where you could select one of the 6 band members and the camera edit and sound mix would favour that player.
Metallica did something similar for a few of the songs on a DVD called "Cunning Stunts" (not that clever of a title, considering at least 2 other bands used it before them).
That would be perfect!
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

I can't imagine Tool releasing any live recordings other than meticulously selected and presented shows, i.e. a classic live album/video. The King Crimson or Metallica approach of "here's... well, everything in a kind of official bootleg/rough mix, just choose what you like" doesn't really seem to fit them.