Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Keep it positive.  Favorite album/song/live show.  How has Tool's music impacted your life?  What direction do you hope Tool goes in musically with the new album?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

all you need is love
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Listening to Rosetta Stoned right now.  Fuck the haters, this album is still better than most released in the last 10 years.  10k Days ain't the classic Aenima and Lateralus were, but is still a damn solid album.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said
Listening to Rosetta Stoned right now.  Fuck the haters, this album is still better than most released in the last 10 years.  10k Days ain't the classic Aenima and Lateralus were, but is still a damn solid album.

^ Agreed.  Rosetta is Tool's best Jam song.  I actually wish Lost Keys would have been a bit shorter and Rosetta a bit longer.  Fuck I have no idea how Tool comes up with this kind of shit.  Rosetta has so much going on.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0gZilla said 
^ Agreed.  Rosetta is Tool's best Jam song.  I actually wish Lost Keys would have been a bit shorter and Rosetta a bit longer.  Fuck I have no idea how Tool comes up with this kind of shit.  Rosetta has so much going on.

I think Lost Keys is just right personally, and that Rosetta Stoned starts to get a little redundant by the end. The first 9 minutes of it are awesome though.

ua hua
Bronco's Fan

Post by ua hua »

M0gZilla said

hellboy1975 said

I found your thread and here to spread about the love...

I have to agree with both of you. Rosetta Stoned is a very complex song with them all playing different time signatures at the end of the song yet all meeting together perfectly at the end. I look at each one of Tool's album as a mirror of my life. Growing and evolving from listening to Opiate when I was an angry teenager to growing up into an adult with Lateralus and 10,000 days. There albums and the music/lyrics always have seemed to talk to me no matter what stage I'm in of my life.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

all i need is drugs
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Wings, 10000 Days and Intension are my favourites of that album. I'm praying that Adam's fetish for the talkbox is long gone. Let's face the facts now and say that it didn't work (Jambi). The sound of that thing was annoying and corny as fuck!

I hope they build on from Aenima - less rigid math sounds (Laterlaus) to more kick-ass songs with feeling (Aenima).
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^"the facts"

Nope. Your opinion.

I fucking love Jambi.

10,000 Days was flawed before it even arrived because it followed Aenima and Lateralus.

Perhaps not coincidentally, those are also their only two releases I consider to be better than it. But then again at times I have considered either of those two to be my favorite album ever.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Jambi is a great song.  As long as Adam doesn't over do the talkbox I have no issues with it appearing again.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Rosetta Stoned is a fucking amazing song & hands down by far the most complex song, (bass wise) to learn. Can nail most Tool tunes but this song has me fucked. Even though the title track off the album gets plenty of flack on here, it's easily my favourite off the album. For me it's one of the finest bass lines ever written.

Am on the 'don't dig the talkbox solo' side of the fence though. 
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

The talk box solo is amazing! Motherfucking epic!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

10K days is a fine album.  People (this being particularly directed at fans of the band) are crazy if they think they can name 10 better 'rock' albums (musically) since its release that they listen to on a regular basis.  Title track is as beautiful as they come, Rosetta is a general show of prowess and intension is massively brilliant in texture and atmosphere (and my personal favorite from the release).

As already stated, I think it generally just suffers in overall tracklist cohesion in spots, but that's likely due to the albums leading up to it.

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

children said

If Tool sharted and put it on record you would say the same thing.

Edit: ∴ your opinion is invalid.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

doors said

children said

where's the love homey?  I don't wanna be tipping 40's for this thread 5 minutes in... I HEART TOOL
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

doors said

children said

Yo keep it positive, nigga...
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

This video alone is proof of 10,000 Days' excellence

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

"LATERALUS" is the crowning achievement of music in the entire history of mankind. I can't fault a single thing with that album.

I want them to discover their joy from playing music again for the next album; as it's quite clear that's what they were feeling on this one. And look at the results.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

petemasterpete said
10K days is a fine album.  People (this being particularly directed at fans of the band) are crazy if they think they can name 10 better 'rock' albums (musically) since its release that they listen to on a regular basis.  Title track is as beautiful as they come, Rosetta is a general show of prowess and intension is massively brilliant in texture and atmosphere (and my personal favorite from the release).

As already stated, I think it generally just suffers in overall tracklist cohesion in spots, but that's likely due to the albums leading up to it.

One of my favourite ever live concert moments of all time was Intension live... Just wow! And as mentioned, 10,000 days is a beautiful song. 

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

doors said

children said

Hey dude nothing personal on this thread.  We have plenty of others for that.  Try to keep it positive here.  I loved the talk box solo on Jambi, but if it doesn't work for you that's cool.

You mentioned hoping they return to an Aenima type sound.  Do you like the larger, more sprawling songs on Aenima like Third Eye, Pushit, and Eulogy or do you prefer the more straight forward songs like Stinkfist, Forty Six & 2, and Hooker with a Penis?

eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

I would like to give Tool props for their recording quality.
Absolutely top notch,including 10,000 days,which maybe is a peg below Lateralus,yet still exceptional.
It seems that right from day one they had the strength to fend off the ticks and leeches of the music industry who would exploit and compromise their work in order to make more money.
Kudos for this.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I showed a sound guy friend of mine Rosetta Stoned, and the first thing out of his mouth was "Wow, this is dense."

Lateralus is their best song though, as seen in countless internet polls.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss said
"LATERALUS" is the crowning achievement of music in the entire history of mankind. I can't fault a single thing with that album.

I want them to discover their joy from playing music again for the next album; as it's quite clear that's what they were feeling on this one. And look at the results.

Which is weird when you think about it because it was made at the time that Adam/Danny/Justin had legit problems with May Jay going off with APC.  The Pot was brought up recently as "almost breaking up the band" but I doubt it was as bad as this time era.

I've always thought Schism is about the APC/Adam, Danny, Justin situation.

Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said

The Boss said

Which is weird when you think about it because it was made at the time that Adam/Danny/Justin had legit problems with May Jay going off with APC.  The Pot was brought up recently as "almost breaking up the band" but I doubt it was as bad as this time era.

I've always thought Schism is about the APC/Adam, Danny, Justin situation.

I've always thought Schism was about 7 minutes long.
Don't mow your lawn
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Tool is arguably the biggest inspiration of my life. This band blows my mind like holy fuck. I've read a lot of books, watched tons of movies, have tons of music, watched a lot of shows, played a lot of games, etc etc etc and yet none of it has had quite the same impact that tool has had. This is interesting considering my favorite form of art is still film. It's also interesting because the video game Kingdom Hearts shaped my entire fucking childhood from then on out. And yet, Tool tops it all. These guys are on another level that can only be rivaled by the elite.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete