The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It Hapenned!!)

Post by ms2r »

You need better soundgear. My 20 year old stereo lets me hear Justin's bass magic just splendid.

But yes, Ticketmaster, resale crap, etc are bitch
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Daaaaaaamn. $566 with fees. No fucking way.

Interesting that first night at Staples in LA was sold out immediately at 10:00am. 2nd night was available for a few minutes, then gone.

Ki77aan :twisted:
_peterpwn02
Bronco's Fan

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It's HAPPENNING!!!)

Post by _peterpwn02 »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 am Nope Pete, it’s just that you created a new account and initially all posts have to be approved until we know you’re not a spammer.

I approved your posts and deleted the dupes. HB will add you to the correct group. Have a nice day.
cheers! ty
i just thought, cuz way back i've posted some stuff, than i posted it with adblocks off and it worked, so i connected the dots, but wrongly, appearently

its surreal to be in the grudge thread after all these years btw... its strange
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Damn, Ki77aan that service fee sucks balls. Mine was only $4
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Frankly, there's not enough gong on the album
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Not needing Tool Army to buy the VIP's yesterday was a big let down, though I'm not surprised.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Print more deluxe edition CD's for those who hadn't a chance to grab one!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

hellboy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:35 am Frankly, there's not enough gong on the album
Sisqo is putting out new single feat. Danny Carey of Tool, titled "Gong Song". Hold tight.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: The Grudge (You Get A Fear Inoculum CD, And You Get A Fear Inoculum CD, And You Get a Fear Inoculum CD...)

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:48 am Print more deluxe edition CD's for those who hadn't a chance to grab one!
nxrm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 am Just a feeling, but I think there's going to be a second (or continued) run of the physical CD package.

All the folks collecting multiple copies are going to end up with just that, multiple copies.

And I don't think anyone should be paying anything more than list price for these things at the moment. Patience is definitely key here.

Truly sucks that world wide distribution fell short on release date, but hang in there guys & gals.
:D
Last edited by nxrm on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: The Grudge (ToolArmy Blues)

Post by nxrm »

MobileVortex wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:58 am Not needing Tool Army to buy the VIP's yesterday was a big let down, though I'm not surprised.
I can't even sign in to ToolArmy at the moment, so it looks like something may be happening behind the scenes.

A bit late though, eh?
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

The snare sound on Invincible makes me think of a war drum being beaten.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

rinkwhopper wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:35 am The snare sound on Invincible makes me think of a war drum being beaten.
Hold on a Grudge? I have not necessarily heard this but considering the “theme” of Invincible I would say a “ war drum” fits perfectly!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
JooP
Maynard Believer

Post by JooP »

Dear TOOL, thanks for making me wait 13 years for an album I can’t even buy unless I’m willing to tolerate shitty MP3’s or paying some fuckface on eBay $200 to obtain. Also, I really enjoy having to buy tickets for your concert from scalpers on stubhub where they’re going for up to $4000. Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

$4000? Are you fucking kidding me? Holy shit.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I think it is absurd that Ticketmaster lets people price their own tickets. How is that fair at all to the fans and artists? If you are reselling, it should be the exact same price that you paid.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: The Grudge (Ticket Buying Nonsense)

Post by nxrm »

I just took a look at the tickets up for sale on Vivid Seats and StubHub for the October 20th show in Los Angeles: 584 seats up for sale on Vivid and 1,002 on StubHub. A number of those are probably duplicate listings, but that's still a lot of seats...most going for more than double face value.

Best thing here is patience. The prices should drop as the concert gets closer, and some "extra" seats should show up directly through the venue.

Still, there's got to be a better way.
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

The greed and stupidity is staggering yet unsurprising. That said, I remember in 2007 buying front row floor seats right in front of AJ from a scalper for around $200 each. Face value was probably about $35-$40. Things have changed lol
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

yep! the ticket prices for the two Toronto shows were shocking. first 20 rows or so for floors are 280 dollars each! even the stands 2nd back from the stage are going for 280 on either side. WTF! as the arena moves back further its 227 and then the very back is 200. the upper level sold out first cause its 129 or so in total. i tried to get one at the back facing the stacks a wack of times but others got to it first by the time i tried ordering it.

its fn ridicolous now. the promoters,TM and all involved are so corporate! tools got a say in what they want im assuming. i keep hearing ''well its not the bands fault for ticket prices'' ya b.s! they have to have a bottom line and all the other dirty hands involved get their cut and off it goes!.in the US its not nearly as pricey as Toronto but app Boston was quite high. not sure how high. 280 dollars high ? no way! even with the exchange rate i doubt its that high.

last time around i paid 150 Can. which i thought was a lot but for a good seat i was ok with that. this time i paid 233 for an average seat. its the mighty tool!

im surprised im even going. might be my last time!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Found a new Tool grudge to hold on to. Goddamn them for putting out a new album and releasing old songs on digital sites. I got shut out on VIP AND regular tickets. I am going to do what the guy a couple of posts above said and wait until closer to the show to try and pick up a ticket.

Here is the event info from Toyota Center (Houston). items 4 & 5 below are very interesting. Not holding out hope they actually enforce this, but interesting none the less...

-Mobile electronic ticketing is the only method of delivery for this show.

-Your mobile electronic tickets will be digitally sent to you one week prior to show date.

-There is a strict 4 ticket purchase limit for this show.

-Resale of tickets is not permitted for this show.

-A sweep of purchases will happen at a later date, and Toyota Center reserves the right to cancel any and all orders if more than 4 tickets are connected to your account or if your account is suspected of reselling tickets.

-There will be no Box Office sales initially for this show.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That will be very interesting to see if they enforce that. And how will the poor suckers who bought tickets from these scalpers be treated? Left holding the bag?

The right way to deal with locking out scalpers is at point of sale with ticket limits, forcing ID for entry, etc, and has been accomplished successfully before. Tool dropped the ball.
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

This is going to suck i need to find one ticket for Houston and it is looking like slim pickings at the moment.
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Thirteen years and what do we get? Six songs that show pretty much zilch in the way of progression or artistic development. No risks taken. Cookie cutter Tool songs knocked out to appease the die hards, straight from an over cooked, over used template. Oh...and a drum solo.

Thanks guys.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm Thirteen years and what do we get? Six songs that show pretty much zilch in the way of progression or artistic development. No risks taken. Cookie cutter Tool songs knocked out to appease the die hards, straight from an over cooked, over used template. Oh...and a drum solo.

Thanks guys.
I feel sorry for you. I know this is the Grudge, but yeah. I feel sorry for you mate.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Not everyone can be pleased.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Calfium Jay wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm Thirteen years and what do we get? Six songs that show pretty much zilch in the way of progression or artistic development. No risks taken. Cookie cutter Tool songs knocked out to appease the die hards, straight from an over cooked, over used template. Oh...and a drum solo.

Thanks guys.
Kind of like Godflesh yeah?
Canned audience laughter