Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

It isn't gossip if you really care.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

junior wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 am
tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:53 pm Hey junior as an industry insider did you ever have much to do with AJ Maddah?

Is he a pariah now in the music industry?

Understand if you don't want to gossip like a Liz or Busty.
Knew of him, but can't say I know him.
Might have met once or twice, but don't recall.
There's usually a level or 2 of people between my job and someone with his job.
Thanks Jr, he's a bit of a celebrity promoter, or once was before he forgot how to pay bills.

My favourite story of his was at a Soundwave show where a vendor was selling beer far above the agreed amount and the punters saw AJ screaming his head off, getting right in his face and almost choking him.

Interesting fella that gave Australia some of the best shows for almost a decade but obviously never did the math enough to know you can't pay artists by the tickets sold for the next event.
Canned audience laughter
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

junior wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:57 pm
tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 pm
tiresias wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:34 am Puscifer ramping up now to tag-team the summer festival circuit next year. Maybe giving MJK music for the road? Puscifer supporting act for (what’s it called?), “Big Day Out” in Australia next summer?
Big Day Out is no more, hasn't been a thing for quite a few years.
Yeah, it ended a while ago. I did a few of those with several different bands.
The former Production Manager for BDO (and Soundwave) has been the Production Manager for Tool for a few years, now.
The former lighting crew chief for those 2 festivals is the lighting crew chief for Tool now, as well.
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying. Puscifer and Tool teaming up for festivals does have a precedent (in Mexico sometime?), so maybe? Regardless, Matt, Carina and MJK are creating together in the desert.
“Casual Fan”
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:46 pm I hooe youre right.
Och, I dinna realize you were Scottish, lad. Hence the “Mc”?
Ki77aan :twisted:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tiresias wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am
tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Big Day Out is no more, hasn't been a thing for quite a few years.
The former Production Manager for BDO (and Soundwave) has been the Production Manager for Tool for a few years, now.
The former lighting crew chief for those 2 festivals is the lighting crew chief for Tool now, as well.
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying. Puscifer and Tool teaming up for festivals does have a precedent (in Mexico sometime?), so maybe? Regardless, Matt, Carina and MJK are creating together in the desert.
I thought it was on different days, but I could be mistaken. Maybe it was the same day. I know Primus was there.
That festival ("Cumbre el Tajin", or whatever it was called) was encapsulated with bad weather travel to get there from the show in Mexico City, so I don't remember much about the actual show, apart from some aerial acrobats and fire, I think.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 am
junior wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 am
tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:53 pm Hey junior as an industry insider did you ever have much to do with AJ Maddah?

Is he a pariah now in the music industry?

Understand if you don't want to gossip like a Liz or Busty.
Knew of him, but can't say I know him.
Might have met once or twice, but don't recall.
There's usually a level or 2 of people between my job and someone with his job.
Thanks Jr, he's a bit of a celebrity promoter, or once was before he forgot how to pay bills.

My favourite story of his was at a Soundwave show where a vendor was selling beer far above the agreed amount and the punters saw AJ screaming his head off, getting right in his face and almost choking him.

Interesting fella that gave Australia some of the best shows for almost a decade but obviously never did the math enough to know you can't pay artists by the tickets sold for the next event.
Yeah, I'd heard stories of years of back pay for vendors being owed.
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

junior wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am
tiresias wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am

I thought it was on different days, but I could be mistaken. Maybe it was the same day. I know Primus was there.
That festival ("Cumbre el Tajin", or whatever it was called) was encapsulated with bad weather travel to get there from the show in Mexico City, so I don't remember much about the actual show, apart from some aerial acrobats and fire, I think.

Yes, they were on the same day, it was supposed to be. Tomahawk , puscifer, primus then Tool but Mike Patton got sick, I remember there was this huge white tent over the band displaying lights with geometric figures. Very cool!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Every New Tool Song, Including Interludes, Enters Top 25 on Billboard Chart

September 13, 2019

Tool’s dominance on the Billboard charts has continued following the monumental release of Fear Inoculum. The band’s first album in 13 years has now completely filled the Hot Rock Songs chart, with all 10 tracks, including interludes, securing a position.

This is absolutely absurd. The unrivaled might of Tool continues to make history, as Fear Inoculum debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart while every Tool album broke the Top 20 simultaneously.

They also filled the entire Top 10 of the Rock Digital Songs chart and secured the longest song in history, “Fear Inoculum,” to break into the Hot 100. Tool also hit No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 chart.

Each accolade is extremely impressive, but when noise interludes are outperforming highly successful singles, you know you’ve got a once-in-a-generation phenomenon. “Litanie Contre La Peur” is currently at No. 10 and “Legion Inoculant” sits at No. 11 on the Hot Rock Songs chart, beating “The Hype” by twenty one pilots and even Ed Sheeran’s “Blow.”

Even “Mockingbeat”, which is essentially just nature sounds, is higher on the chart than Volbeat’s “Last Day Under the Sun” and Vampire Weekend’s “This Life.”

As for the Top 10 of the chart, “Fear Inoculum” hit the high mark at No. 3, while “Pneuma,” “Invincible,” “7empest” and “Descending” take up spots 4 through 7. “Culling Voices” resides at No. 13, while the Danny Carey drum feast “Chocolate Chip Trip” hit No. 15.
https://loudwire.com/every-new-tool-son ... ard-chart/

Even the interludes :D
Mockingbeat :D
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

From Reddit. Very cool. Not sure if it has already been posted, but I don't remember it...
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

That pic is a few years old now I reckon
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

That's all a bunch of baloney. CCT should be #1.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Tool HD audio already exists as a one time purchase and in higher quality than what Amazon is offering for a monthly fee.

EDIT: Falsely reported on tardit as 48kHz. It is 96kHz same as the retail release, but you still have to pay monthly.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

ziggy23 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:44 am
Every New Tool Song, Including Interludes, Enters Top 25 on Billboard Chart

September 13, 2019

Tool’s dominance

“Litanie Contre La Peur” is currently at No. 10 and “Legion Inoculant” sits at No. 11 on the Hot Rock Songs chart[/b], beating “The Hype” by twenty one pilots and even Ed Sheeran’s “Blow.”

Even “Mockingbeat”, which is essentially just nature sounds, is higher on the chart than Volbeat’s “Last Day Under the Sun” and Vampire Weekend’s “This Life.”

https://loudwire.com/every-new-tool-son ... ard-chart/

Even the interludes :D
Mockingbeat :D

This made me giggle at work. Thanks!!
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

Random question. How long does it usually take for them to process the shipment for the Tool army care package? It’s been almost 2 weeks and it still says being processed.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Matthewc25 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:56 pm Random question. How long does it usually take for them to process the shipment for the Tool army care package? It’s been almost 2 weeks and it still says being processed.
Start worrying if you don't receive in a couple years.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:32 pm
Matthewc25 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:56 pm Random question. How long does it usually take for them to process the shipment for the Tool army care package? It’s been almost 2 weeks and it still says being processed.
Start worrying if you don't receive in a couple years.
Copy that. Haha
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If it were me, I'd be contacting them weekly for an update. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, etc.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

If it were me, I'd be contacting them weekly for an update. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, etc.
[/quote]

I’ll probably call them tomorrow
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

I'm stateside atm and heard a radio edit of Fear Inooculum in an uber on local radio - it's unrecognisable and kinda nauseating they can do that to a song like that
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Now I'm seeing the press go nuts over Danny's latest statement about making another record in 5 years...it's more believable that they'd start releasing 20 minute singles.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Just three songs next time, each being ~ 26 minute long. With augmented reality experience to go along with it.
bhatpat
Maynard Believer

Post by bhatpat »

I really thought they were going to do something virtual reality based this time. I remember they met with Alex grey around the governors ball and there was mention of it, but I can’t remember the source.

Anyone else read Justin’s interview in the new bass guitar magazine? Great stuff in there.