Tool North American Fall Tour 2019 (with Killing Joke)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Re: Tool North American Fall Tour 2019 (with Killing Joke)

Post by thekillingjoke »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm I have to admit, I was not looking forward to seeing them much... and after hearing their first song that first night in LA, I didn't give them much of a chance, just walked around the arena concessions area, giving them half an ear. But the second night, I decided to give them my attention and really dug them. They are not on a level with Tool, imo, in terms of songwriting and musicianship, but they were entertaining and really pumped up the crowd. Very high energy and I'll give their albums a chance now. Glad I didn't completely blow them off.
That's good to hear. The shows I've seen ranged between "public rehearsal" and fantastic, but all have been in small to mid-sized clubs.
I was not sure how they would work in an arena setting, given that they tend to add quite a bit of abrasive distortion and energy live.

My shortest possible album recommendation list: Pandemonium (1994), Killing Joke (1980), Night Time (1985)
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i remember danny wearing a killing joke t shirt on the cover of Alternative Press on the aenima tour (still have that mag) thats when i heard of KJ and checked out Pandemonium. i didnt know back then they were a long time standing band. im looking foward to checking them out. Pig opened for KJ last year and some of the live stuff i heard Jaz sounded pretty rough :S still looking forward to them though!
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

Danny is also drumming in the shadows in their video for "Democracy":

He is not playing on the record though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no way! thanks for posting that. i didnt know he was in a KJ video. looks to be around 96 judging by his hair..haha.will see how close i am
Nicked
Maynard Believer

Post by Nicked »

What time has tool been getting on stage? How long has killing joke been performing?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

im seeing for most shows tool comes on at 8:45pm....killing joke app plays for 40 minutes. better get in early if you want to see both.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just noticed they omitted The Pot last night? And no replacement, just deleted a song from an already short set. Bummer. Let’s hope that’s not a trend.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i saw that too! not fn cool! the only thing im hoping is its cause of the halloween masks. im not counting on that being the reason though. i was looking forward to 'the pot' cause i havent heard it live since 06. so thats prob gone plus not enough new songs.... posers!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Maybe it was omitted due to Junior's complaints.

I for one blame him for most set list changes.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, no pot for junior. me either but not that pot...potheads!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Is this where they ask the novice roadie to water the plants?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

That fern is going to have to work some serious overtime to purify the air. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

I saw the 2nd Toronto show. Performance wise they are nailing everything pretty much spot on, im just bored of the same old songs. i dont even remember them that well but i recall everything sounding pretty great. i had the best view of Danny i've ever had! that was a def highlight. Toronto lucked out it seemed. Someone i know said T.O was at least 10-15 decibals lower then the Detriot show they saw. Even KILLING JOKE sounded pretty good,not perfect but def good which everyone seems to say sucked which is too bad.

its a good thing i had tix to the 2nd T.O show cause Nov 11th we got a big ''winter'' storm in freakin early Nov! :/ i saw a lot of people trying to sell tix online that day,most likely not getting rid of them. i prob wouldnt of driven in that. By the time i left for the Nov 12th show the highways were nice and clear. phew!

The first T.O poster is cool. the 2nd one looks stupid imo. Posters are getting lame now anyway. all these idiots buying extra and selling them. id rather not even bother. my 2012 poster is good enough but i wouldnt mind tracking down a Toronto 2009 poster possibly one day.

M came to the front of the stage even which i hadnt seen in forever. Sadly it was to flip off a fan for taking pics or video ? i didnt see what happened but he was pointing at his eyes and pointing towards whoever ''im watching you'' with his middle finger up on his other hand pointing at that too. Flip off your fans during the show, nice one!

met up with someone ive known online but hadnt met till that show, that was def cool and added to everything. it was a good trip! and thankfully the snow wasnt an issue...man!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:43 am I saw the 2nd Toronto show. Performance wise they are nailing everything pretty much spot on, im just bored of the same old songs. i dont even remember them that well but i recall everything sounding pretty great. i had the best view of Danny i've ever had! that was a def highlight. Toronto lucked out it seemed. Someone i know said T.O was at least 10-15 decibals lower then the Detriot show they saw. Even KILLING JOKE sounded pretty good,not perfect but def good which everyone seems to say sucked which is too bad.

its a good thing i had tix to the 2nd T.O show cause Nov 11th we got a big ''winter'' storm in freakin early Nov! :/ i saw a lot of people trying to sell tix online that day,most likely not getting rid of them. i prob wouldnt of driven in that. By the time i left for the Nov 12th show the highways were nice and clear. phew!

The first T.O poster is cool. the 2nd one looks stupid imo. Posters are getting lame now anyway. all these idiots buying extra and selling them. id rather not even bother. my 2012 poster is good enough but i wouldnt mind tracking down a Toronto 2009 poster possibly one day.

M came to the front of the stage even which i hadnt seen in forever. Sadly it was to flip off a fan for taking pics or video ? i didnt see what happened but he was pointing at his eyes and pointing towards whoever ''im watching you'' with his middle finger up on his other hand pointing at that too. Flip off your fans during the show, nice one!

met up with someone ive known online but hadnt met till that show, that was def cool and added to everything. it was a good trip! and thankfully the snow wasnt an issue...man!
Great review, thanks Steve!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

f off! u bored today or what? im the only one here ? whats going on ? haha

holy shit! this is my 666th post..thats whats going on! :evil: