Question about Aenima bass credits

The Main Event
tompie
My pain is just an excuse

Question about Aenima bass credits

Post by tompie »

Hey y'all - just looking for any clarification re: the bass writing on Aenima. I always knew Paul was involved in some of the songwriting on the record. Justin says as much even in recent interviews when he mentions that he got demos of Stinkfist, Eulogy and Aenema to work on for his audition. This tracks given the leaked demos from that album which seem to have Paul performing on those songs plus Pushit. My question is - how come the discrepancy on the Wikipedia page for the album? There, Paul is given a credit for H. but not the title track. Is that simply an error (swapping H. for Aenima) or did Paul have a hand in writing H. as well? Any insights on this?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Re: Question about Aenima bass credits

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Here is an old thread that discusses this topic. I am not sure it was clear even then who played on/credited for what songs.

https://toolnavy.com/archive/index.php/t-48273.html
tompie

Post by tompie »

Thanks for this. Looks more and more like the JC stuff is Jimmy and Third Eye.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tompie wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:23 pm Thanks for this. Looks more and more like the JC stuff is Jimmy and Third Eye.
46&2 as well, which I believe was the first song JC wrote with the band
Szakal77
Bronco's Fan

Post by Szakal77 »

I remember seeing in some kind of music database (the official American one, I believe) years ago when that stuff was public (maybe it still is - someone has to help me with that) that Paul is credited for Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., Pushit and Ænema. The rest of the songs are credited to Justin. All except for H. are featured on the Ænema demos recorded presumably in 1994/1995.

There were discrepancies in that database however, Maynard's Dick was credited to Justin as well, even though they performed it in 1992.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

This goes into the Bass stuff on Aenima....

Deftones!
tompie

Post by tompie »

earthrocker wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:04 am This goes into the Bass stuff on Aenima....

iirc this just reiterated what we already knew in less detail, no? aka that he got a demo w/ eulogy, pushit and aenima? Mostly curious about his involvement on the non-demo tracks as it is increasingly looking to me like H. and HWAP were also primarily Paul songs.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Welp I have floor tickets for the Slayer show next Friday with Ministry opening up. If I get close enough Ill ask Paul himself!
All well Whatever, Nevermind