New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by junior »

Krazy_blah wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 pm Howdy Junior, hope you’re feeling better and enjoying Tulsa (? heh). You guys pack up and hit the road right away for Milwaukee? Just wondering since there’s some ugly weather coming about. Ugh. I think Tool has only played Milwaukee one time (July 2007) and really looking forward to be able to wake up and sleep in my own bed on the same day Tool plays. Hope you can answer but I get that you’re a busy dude.
We hit the road at about 2:30am after each show (typically) and go to the next town.
We got to Milwaukee at about 3pm Wednesday.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

junior wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:58 pm
Krazy_blah wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 pm Howdy Junior, hope you’re feeling better and enjoying Tulsa (? heh). You guys pack up and hit the road right away for Milwaukee? Just wondering since there’s some ugly weather coming about. Ugh. I think Tool has only played Milwaukee one time (July 2007) and really looking forward to be able to wake up and sleep in my own bed on the same day Tool plays. Hope you can answer but I get that you’re a busy dude.
We hit the road at about 2:30am after each show (typically) and go to the next town.
We got to Milwaukee at about 3pm Wednesday.
Hope you’re enjoying our lovely weather. Maybe you can finish up your holiday gift shopping as I believe Christmas is in two days. -_-
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

``

I have a feeling 7empest will debut tonight. I'm pretty certain they debuted Descending on Halloween at Monster Mash. Stands to reason in my mind they will bring it out tonight.
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

basejumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm ``

I have a feeling 7empest will debut tonight. I'm pretty certain they debuted Descending on Halloween at Monster Mash. Stands to reason in my mind they will bring it out tonight.
I'm pretty sure they debuted Descending at a festival earlier this year.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:24 pm

They started teasing it in 2012 and I thought played it in it's entirety sans Maynard at Monster Mash in 2015
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 5e290.html
Last edited by basejumper on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I was wrong... they apparently didn't play 7empest tonight
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

basejumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:24 pm

They started teasing it in 2012 and I thought played it in it's entirety sans Maynard at Monster Mash in 2015
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 5e290.html
No, they played about 4 minutes of it, which is not dissimilar to what they did at a bunch of shows.

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

basejumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:53 pm I was wrong... they apparently didn't play 7empest tonight
Trick or Treat!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

basejumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:53 pm I was wrong... they apparently didn't play 7empest tonight this changes everything.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Wonder what is up with Adam’s equipment. Had a problem in Houston and, according to setlist.fm again last night.
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Quick story - My wife has always loved Halloween. She states it is always her favorite Holiday. Monster Mash pops up in 2015 as the only Tool show of the year. I pull the trigger and fly from Milwaukee to Phoenix to see the boys (didn't do the meet and greet). They come out dressed as Led Zeppelin and I am comfortable with my decision and the beating I will receive when I return home. I come home promising to never leave again on her hallowed holiday. Now, what's the chances Tool finally release a new album, what's the chances they tour the Midwest again, and what's the fucking chances they hit my hometown on Halloween night? Seriously..are you kidding me? but I struck true to my word and stayed home and.....kidding, sorry honey gotta go!! What a show last night (#13, Sunday in Chicago will be #14 and Detroit next Saturday will make #15) The job Junior and team have done is incredible. They sounded great in the new arena. I knew I would need to hear the new songs live before I was really blown away and Invincible was the clear winner (much better than the first time in Chicago this past summer). We will see if that holds true. What a night...what a concert.
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:36 am Wonder what is up with Adam’s equipment. Had a problem in Houston and, according to setlist.fm again last night.
Yes, Adam had a ton of trouble. I mean you always see the techs out adjusting and moving stuff for Adam but something was a big problem last night. Couple of different people came out and left 8-10 minute gap in the show. As Junior said the other day in a post...Adam works with some vintage stuff and occasionally shit breaks. Danny and Justin jammed to fill the time. MJ got on the mic and said "TRUE STORY"......long pause....."SHIT HAPPENS"
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

More a question for Junior I guess but do we always get the full Tool set up here in Oz due to the logistics?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think the last tour was pretty close to the full rig.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yet no opening act, that tour while great was bs for that alone.

No band you could get to open really?
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tys0n wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 am More a question for Junior I guess but do we always get the full Tool set up here in Oz due to the logistics?
Historically, it had always been difficult to get at least some portion of the show there.
It's a mix of what can be shipped vs. what can be sourced locally, balanced with how long they are going to be there.
When the band was there with one of the festival tours (BDO or Soundwave), then most of the gear was sourced locally, and since there were only a select few "side shows", it wouldn't be cost effective to ship a lot of stuff over.
When they've been there on their own for a more extensive solo tour, more stuff can be involved.

The last time there (2013) the show actually had slightly more stuff than what had just happened in the US on the previous 2012 tour. That was a first.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Thank you!
Canned audience laughter
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

bob wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:03 pm
Specter wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:25 pm Just smoke weed. Inoculate yourselves.
you sound like a friend of mine..he goes ''you need to do DMT to reset your brain so you can smoke weed again" haha...wth hes trying to do to me! :S
Damn it Steve leave Bob alone!
SteveBobSteve
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Waiting in the merch line at Indy. Descending is being soundchecked. Fingers crossed!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:25 pm Waiting in the merch line at Indy. Descending is being soundchecked. Fingers crossed!
Get me one of them shiny posters. And some Tool socks
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

hellboy wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:14 pm
fortysixand2 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:25 pm Waiting in the merch line at Indy. Descending is being soundchecked. Fingers crossed!
Get me one of them shiny posters. And some Tool socks
All sold out! Of both socks and posters.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

THEY ADDED DESCENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on NC you fucks christmas is coming early!!!!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

5 out of 6, can't complain about that.

But you will.
Canned audience laughter
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Descending got played? Time to take a closer look at that NC date. Have family there and was already making holiday plans to head back.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

shit does this mean i owe junior a hundred