Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

Speaking of member's resurfacing, where's Bill Hilly? I haven't seen him post in a while.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

nxrm wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 am Speaking of member's resurfacing, where's Bill Hilly? I haven't seen him post in a while.
He visited in chat yesterday.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

In the post Fear Inoculum world, it seems as though quite a few have moved on with their lives & away from this forum. Even looks as though Mog has been true to his word after i think i recall him saying he'd be done with all this after the album was released.

No doubt folks will chime in and out when Tool tours close to them, but i think it's fair to say, the glory-days of this forum are in the past.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

liz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm
nxrm wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 am Speaking of member's resurfacing, where's Bill Hilly? I haven't seen him post in a while.
He visited in chat yesterday.
Thanks for letting me know, and glad to hear he's still around.
Wychowski wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 pm In the post Fear Inoculum world, it seems as though quite a few have moved on with their lives & away from this forum. Even looks as though Mog has been true to his word after i think i recall him saying he'd be done with all this after the album was released.

No doubt folks will chime in and out when Tool tours close to them, but i think it's fair to say, the glory-days of this forum are in the past.
Bummer.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:51 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 pm First of all, I wanted to say to HELLBOY thank your for not making me register again (I had to re register again because of no activity in the past) I rarely post on here. (It's been a couple years since I've participated. Next, I am really shocked that they will be at Glendale again this soon (since they were just here in October.) I have been really dormant because of no new music, but I am completely revived right now. I love reading everyone's posts. I recognize names like Kittan, Bob, 46ntool, and several other names (from toolarmy)

I don't know if Tyson, MOG and some some of you other fuckers were part of toolarmy before, but I wanted to say, keep it up FUCKERS! You guys are very entertaining!

All that being said, I'm definitely going to the Glendale show. Hoping for one of the San diego shows and really going to try to hit the Vegas show.
Welcome back, chump
HAHA! Thanks Snazzlefrass! Good to be back.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

So good to see you once again, I missed you so much.
SteveBobSteve
walter
Bronco's Fan

Post by walter »

hey guys, do we know if there's a full(er) recording of this, by chance? i'd kill to see that.

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Interesting read about the early days and formation of the band. Worth your time.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/to ... J4EJ6cdU5k
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

you ok Busty ?? haha. cool link braah. i'll check it out

i wrote the rest of my experiance or whatever of the 2nd Toronto show in the other thread but this part is quoted now so i'll just keep it in....

its fun seeing Maynard fly around the stage for once. at one point he went right to the edge of the stage out front but the only reason he did was someone must of been taking pics or video or something and security wasnt doing anything ? he just kept pointing his fingers at his eyes and towards whoever it was like ''im watching you'' and stuck his middle finger up with his other hand pointing at that too! dick! i get u shouldnt break the rules but geeze dude..flip your audience off during the show. nice one!
Last edited by bob on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:37 am

its fun seeing Maynard fly around the stage for once. at one point he went right to the edge of the stage out front but the only reason he did was someone must of been taking pics or video or something and security wasnt doing anything ? he just kept pointing his fingers at his eyes and towards whoever it was like ''im watching you'' and stuck his middle finger up with his other hand pointing at that too! dick! i get u shouldnt break the rules but geeze dude..flip your audience off during the show. nice one!
He probably spotted Steve and was telling him he's got his eye on him and to leave you alone!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

haha. your getting just as bad as snazzle with the Steve thing. steves alive and kicking. drunk as F im sure but hes out there!

i added my review to your link too Tyson. too bad i didnt save the first one cause this ones more stale as it was ''rehearsed'' compared to the first one i deleted..should of just saved it..damn! cant capture lighting in a bottle twice as they say! ha

thanks for that link!
Mk_gmbl
Maynard Believer

Post by Mk_gmbl »

Not sure if this is the place for this but wanted to share it with this forum as well. Recently finished a multimedia drawing based on the song PNEUMA. I hope y'all enjoy.

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Nominated for both 7empest and FI (track) in two different categories...yet oddly not for best album art?

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/202 ... inees-list
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

how is that even possible?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Fuck the Grammys
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 am Nominated for both 7empest and FI (track) in two different categories...yet oddly not for best album art?
rinkwhopper wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:51 am how is that even possible?
They're probably still waiting for their order from the Toolband website. :lol:
Last edited by nxrm on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

nxrm wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 pm
:lol:
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Good one.

No nomination for Pneuma is blasphemy.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

nxrm wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 pm
For real though, wouldn't surprise me if the issue wasn't related to not being able to get copies in the hands of many (or any?) voters.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

tys0n wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:37 pm Fuck the Grammys
Something I find interesting (which I didn't know until fairly recently) is the fact that for a band to be nominated for a Grammy, a song has to be submitted in order for it to be considered for a nominated. Tool seems like a band who would be all about the 'Fuck the Grammys" philosophy, and I think members have said things like that in the past. So I wonder if the band is involved with submitting the songs, or if it the labels that do it without consulting the band.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

nousername wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:41 pm
tys0n wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:37 pm Fuck the Grammys
Something I find interesting (which I didn't know until fairly recently) is the fact that for a band to be nominated for a Grammy, a song has to be submitted in order for it to be considered for a nominated. Tool seems like a band who would be all about the 'Fuck the Grammys" philosophy, and I think members have said things like that in the past. So I wonder if the band is involved with submitting the songs, or if it the labels that do it without consulting the band.
Nothing says fuck the grammys more than attending with your very own Moby doll

Canned audience laughter
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

:lol:
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

walter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:05 am
Ok, so...were they doing a show at a high school or what? I used to sing Christmas songs on stages like that when I was in first grade (me and the whole class; nothing special about me).
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

tys0n wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pmImage
Was this doctored? I mean, I know Danny is bigger than average and Maynard a bit smaller, but not this level. How tall are these guys? (And since many here at least say they've met the guys, there better be answers...)

Also, tell Danny I said "Seinfeld, four."
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.