Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 am Latest episode is pretty damn meh and kinda pointless. Go in with low expectations.
You are correct.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I thought the episode was great, the whole thing has got a campy adventure feel to it, which is what Star Wars was originally about.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Was my least enjoyable of the series to date. Didn't hate it , just didn't overly enjoy it either.
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Episode five is a lot better then the fourth. Liked it, good feel to it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:10 pm I thought the episode was great, the whole thing has got a campy adventure feel to it, which is what Star Wars was originally about.
bingo! i wont argue the last episode felt sort of empty but i have faith in Filoni and Favreau. if anything it was just to show more of what ''mandos'' character is like which will lead to bigger and better things. these guys are real fans. Favreau wants to make another Holiday Special btw if anyone didnt know, haha i hope it happens!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I liked EP5. I enjoy the show well enough, though it's not really what I was expecting. I'm still waiting for the actual story to kick in, and the final scene seems to set something up, but I'm accepting at this point the series is not really the story driven one I was hoping for.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:58 am I liked EP5. I enjoy the show well enough, though it's not really what I was expecting. I'm still waiting for the actual story to kick in, and the final scene seems to set something up, but I'm accepting at this point the series is not really the story driven one I was hoping for.
thats a bummer HB, hopefully you get more into it. i saw what you said a bit ago about the fan service thing. i felt that way too in the first episode when the spy snout thing from a new hope was there plus all the other nods that felt like ''this is what sw is'' it felt too obvious but it didnt stay that way which was good. i suppose they wanted to get peoples attention or something. its gotta be tough! this whole SW thing has such a history and everyone (including me) can be so critical of it. its a weird thing!

i think its going to get better. its in good hands!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm a fan, so certainly don't mind the fan service!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Even though it's doing it a somewhat clunky adventure of the week kinda way , i really feel there's enough chess pieces in place so far that the last 3 episodes or so will start to evolve into a proper coherent story that makes more sense when viewed in hindsight as one entire piece.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

this is the best!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Episode 6 of mandalorion was pretty damn enjoyable, up there as one of my favs so far. Having a read online afterwards, it sounds like There's a growing trend of people that view the show similar to Hellboy that are frustrated by the lack of solid narrative.

To me, I have no problem with it. It's just an enjoyable series of short stories, not everything has to have deep themes and rich stories I guess.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's very much an adventure of the week story type of show and reminds me a lot of Dr Who.

Now I absolutely loves this format (if done well) but can see why it would not be interesting to the masses.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i said earlier i trust whos working on it but it could be moving a little faster for sure. i stlll like it though.

agreed. this last episode was great. it looked amazing and everything about it felt like star wars. the droid was cool. the whole thing!

Dave Filoni was one of the x wing pilots and the other two are directors as well. Deborah Chow i think her name is ? directed that ep and shes directing the Kenobi series. i cant remember the black dudes name but hes directed Mando eps already too.
Last edited by bob on Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

That was certainly the best episode so far. I've adjusted to that fact that it's not a story driven show.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Yes, episode was the best episode so far. Even though the scoundrels looked like a team made up of headshot, harley quinn, hellboy, the joker and evil-cyborg,
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Ahahahahahahahahahahha
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

While I appreciate this is a spoilers inclusive thread, I think posters should consider using the spoiler tag until after release date.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I'm staying away from the internet.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I kinda think after the proper premier of the movie, it's open slather if you're dumb enough to come in here , but before that date... bit of a dick move.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:40 am Yeah I kinda think after the proper premier of the movie, it's open slather if you're dumb enough to come in here , but before that date... bit of a dick move.
Yea... maybe we should add a massive warning to the thread title to let people know that there might be spoilers in here... maybe "SPOILERS -Beware!!!" would get the point across that there's a good chance you'll see spoilers.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

this movie leaked big time if anyone was looking. it must of been on purpose cause of the hate for TLJ. i think its cool they were relaxed about so much getting out. the score titles and trailers point to all the leaks. i wont say anything. small details prob arent known so that will be the surprises when i see it.

you think that scroll thing is real? i dont think so, anythings possible i guess. ha
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

@bob - Is probably fake , will find out Friday I guess.

Xmr, the thread title was known and seen when I made my comment. I stand by it. EDIT; the opening scroll is one of the major joys of seeing star wars in a cinema. When its a new entry and only just been released ya can feel the anticipation in the air as the 'long time ago in a galaxy far far away' appears. Just not something I expected to have spoiled in here pre release date, especially when we've mainly been talking mandalorion in here. Its prob bullshit anyway, but I'll just stay out of here til I've seen the movie now.

Man I have very little expectations for this.
Last edited by Busty McCracken on Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the character development wasnt very good for Rey other then her being a prodigy and a nice person. Poe had a decent one in TLJ but it doesnt stand out cause hes a side character but its ok i guess. Kylo Ren wasnt too bad. he had the most for a main character kinda. When i think of Finn its more like ''whooooa! yaaaa! wooo hooo'' although him and Rey have a bond but all of it is on and off and not very memorable.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:40 am Yeah I kinda think after the proper premier of the movie, it's open slather if you're dumb enough to come in here , but before that date... bit of a dick move.
The film had its proper premiere yesterday.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah but no one on this forum woulda been able to attend it yet. The movie is probably gonna be a bit meh anyway so doesn't matter too much but I'll still just avoid here til then.