New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Jesus Bob , the meth is taking over. You're getting angry and losing your memory. Get a grip son
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

that pic isnt stinkfist..u still dont get it tyson ;) or u do....

..and nope to the meth either. im just cracker jacks.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That is indeed Stankyfist. The most well and thoroughly documented song in the Tool canon.

Meth is a hell of a drug, ay?
Ki77aan :twisted:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Swamp Song, merkaba and 7empest - Brisbane got a really nice setlist!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I still think Merkaba is only a few seconds and not the complete song.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

ms2r wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am I still think Merkaba is only a few seconds and not the complete song.
It really is quite a stretch calling it that, if not outright inaccurate. It's not on the setlists that way, and honestly sounds nothing like Merkaba other than Danny occasionally using some of the vocal samples.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

So did it actually storm in Brisbane too?

Damn, this is reminding me of the Interscope documentary where Dr. Dre went out into international waters and claimed hs was getting chased by a storm.

I wonder if they'll play it at Bonnaroo...
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

lol pretty sure Hellboy said he dislikes Swamp Song, perfect.
Canned audience laughter
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Great concert, easily the clearest and most evenly mixed I've heard them at Boondall. I was actually surprised how well you could hear Maynard who sang really well, killed Swamp Song which was cool to hear.

“Hey Brisbane. Heard you've had a bit of flooding recently. Being so near the ocean and all, you never know...” *Ænima starts*
I think a few people missed Jim's joke.

God damn 7empest is just a crazy song. It was actually quite endearing to see them really have to concentrate to play a song and surprising that Danny fucked it up more than the rest of them. Justin has the best grasp on it, arguably the easiest part I guess, and cues them all including Maynard the whole way through with big head nods. I think Danny and Adam just need to block each other out haha. A handful of little mistakes they recovered from which didn't matter, so stoked to hear it live it's mental. Funny to follow it with 46+2 which they could knock out in their sleep.

Danny's little improv bits all the way through Jambi (compared to the album version) was fucking nuts, still a beast of a song live.

I planned to beat the traffic and bail as soon as "Security stand down..." came as I've seen Stinkfist 6 times already (and did, straight out and home to Sunny Coast in 50min thankyou!) hence got quite nostalgic towards the end of Invincible, can't be happier to end my Tool live experience with that gig and that song.
Last edited by Sprout on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I thoroughly enjoyed my whole day, few tasty beers in the afternoon in the City and some good food, then downed a few more in quick succession at the beer garden at the venue. Spotted HB having a chat to Junior, but didn't get a chance to say g'day. The show was epic, I loved every second of it. I loved hearing all of the new songs live, and genuinely didn't expect to get 7empest, it was awesome. Jambi sounded incredible. The visuals and lighting help to make it such a mind blowing experience.

Thankfully not too hungover this morning...
Be good to each other.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

A 7empest question for those of you who attended the Brisbane show. Did Maynard sing the “Disputing Intentions”part? The Sydney version without it makes that part seam naked, really needs Maynard there. Also I couldn’t really hear the “Keep Calm” part either from the audio I heard.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Merkaba wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:35 pm
Nice! Will give a listen after Melbourne. Can you please do us a favour, if you come across anything for Melbourne (either nights) , could you be a good c### Nd share here for us thanks ?

For sure mate, I'll also be on the look out for everything captured from both Melbourne shows, I'll be attending both, VIP sunday!

*Here's the original audio source files, for those interested, in FLAC format...
https://tooldriveproject.net/Details/?ID=2591
So, this google drive link has reached its download limit, and even though I shared it, I didn’t get around to downloading it.

Don’t suppose anyone had a chance to download it?
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Yep, sang the whole song properly. Justin looked at/cued Jim (and Adam) on that part with some particularly large head nods.
Shed523 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 am A 7empest question for those of you who attended the Brisbane show. Did Maynard sing the “Disputing Intentions”part? The Sydney version without it makes that part seam naked, really needs Maynard there. Also I couldn’t really hear the “Keep Calm” part either from the audio I heard.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Sprout wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:42 pm Yep, sang the whole song properly. Justin looked at/cued Jim (and Adam) on that part with some particularly large head nods.
Very Cool! :D Those have been some BADASS set lists! A few more runs and I think they will be able to nail it. The visuals look pretty cool as well.

Checking every day to see if they posted any new dates in New England. They have some space to fill between March 16 and June 12. :shock:
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Merkaba wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Merkaba wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:35 pm
Nice! Will give a listen after Melbourne. Can you please do us a favour, if you come across anything for Melbourne (either nights) , could you be a good c### Nd share here for us thanks ?

For sure mate, I'll also be on the look out for everything captured from both Melbourne shows, I'll be attending both, VIP sunday!

*Here's the original audio source files, for those interested, in FLAC format...
https://tooldriveproject.net/Details/?ID=2591
So, this google drive link has reached its download limit, and even though I shared it, I didn’t get around to downloading it.

Don’t suppose anyone had a chance to download it?
I have it downloaded and am currently listing to it. Nice quality. MJK is not very loud in parts and it is a bit echoee (?) but really nice. Anyone know if this is off the mixing board or someones phone? Given the loudness of the claps I am leaning towards phone. But it is in FLAC format and I dont know if phones do that.

Zips down to 2 zip files totals 3GB (one ~1.9GB and the other ~1GB)
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

If you 'Make A Copy' of the TDP FLAC files on Google Drive into a folder on your personal Google Drive page, you can download it from there. Helps Google save money on bandwidth or something.

By the way, any word on Brisbane audio boots?
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Glad to hear you're all getting awesome shows. \m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

The Sydney show (18-Feb-2020) is on Dimeadozen.org: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=669137
Registration is free and it's where Tool Drive Project gets the files from anways.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

7empest from last night in Melbourne. This was something special to finally witness, and absolutely flawless! 👏🏽

I’ll post a full review of night 1 and vip night 2 soon, once I’ve come down from this high...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Merkaba wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:46 pm 7empest from last night in Melbourne. This was something special to finally witness, and absolutely flawless! 👏🏽

Hot damn that was good
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Merkaba wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:46 pm 7empest from last night in Melbourne. This was something special to finally witness, and absolutely flawless! 👏🏽

I’ll post a full review of night 1 and vip night 2 soon, once I’ve come down from this high...
Legend thanks bruvva. And agreed, they nailed it may night. Gonna throw it out there than Maynards delivery of disputing intentions section is probably the best I have heard him sound fronting tool along with part of me from night 1 since 2002. Loved it
Listen to All Them Witches
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

Nice work, Merk... & good meeting you, too!

I'm sure you know this, but if you keep trying with the drive sync, it'll eventually work. ...Or just download the show manually.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Epic! So envious of you all.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That was sweet. Jealous AND stoked for my Aussie brethren.

Thanks for the YT. Was that your recording Merkaba?

Also... the fact that this band is consistently selling out huge arenas around the world and killing the charts with such challenging and complex music gives me hope for the Yoots of the planet.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Not my recording Kittaan, I was down in GA in front of Adam with my jaw to the floor all night.
And I agree, I have no doubt we’ll see them again soon!

Was so great to meet some of the Fourtheye fam, thanks HB for organising the meetup. And thanks for all the help grabbing that recording, bunch of legends!