Opiate Reissue arriving soon!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I still doubt that's the case.

How about some of you who own the cd already upload it on youtube or something so everyone can compare for themselves?
Hey! Denty!
Sargath
Maynard Believer

Post by Sargath »

Anyone outside the US got it yet? Norwegian here with nothing in the mail yet.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I have a question for those that have received their copy. Are they sealed? 
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Bogart said

If you're asking whether or not they're within a wrapping, the answer is no. The only outer packaging is the bubble-wrap lined shipping envelope, you can open the outer sleeve as soon as you've pulled it out of said shipping envelope. Some of the items and the CD itself have their own separate sleeves (a smoother paper with printed images and gloss) they are held in. 
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Bogart said

The only seal that they truly feature is that they are sealed in the shipping envelope.

The rest of the package is folded over into an open gap, similar to the way food boxes (cereal, snack crackers) close.
xAdamx
Maynard Believer

Post by xAdamx »

Question for anyone who has already received their copy. How long from the time you received the email saying your order had been shipped to when it arrived? Where did it ship from? I received the email 2 weeks ago saying my order had shipped and I have yet to receive anything. I remember getting past orders from Los Angeles and I don't live all this far away from there. Thanks for your help.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I know most of you who have received it have already identified you ordered during the TA pre-sale.  Has anyone from the public sale on 3/26 received it?  Also, has anyone from the public sale received any further emails, besides the ones that went out day of sale?

May be travelling soon and trying to get a ballpark of when to expect it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

xAdamx said
Question for anyone who has already received their copy. How long from the time you received the email saying your order had been shipped to when it arrived? Where did it ship from? I received the email 2 weeks ago saying my order had shipped and I have yet to receive anything. I remember getting past orders from Los Angeles and I don't live all this far away from there. Thanks for your help.

I received an email on 03/30 saying it was shipped, and then a subsequent email on 04/06 saying my order status on TA had changed to "Shipped". Once I received it on 04/12, the package confirmed that it was shipped on 04/06. Also, I live in Midwest US.

ua hua
Bronco's Fan

Post by ua hua »

Kittaan said
I know most of you who have received it have already identified you ordered during the TA pre-sale.  Has anyone from the public sale on 3/26 received it?  Also, has anyone from the public sale received any further emails, besides the ones that went out day of sale?

May be travelling soon and trying to get a ballpark of when to expect it.

I haven't received anything yet other than the first email after the order was placed. The order still says processing on the Tool site but when you click change order status it says order can't be changed because it has already been shipped or reached the final stages of processing. I haven't heard anyone say they have received their order that ordered during the public sale yet so if anyone that didn't order during the pre-sale received theirs yet please do tell.
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

Shipped on 4/6 received 4/10...live on the East Coast
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Another response from Tool merch...

People could cancel their order or we could come across a fraudulent order or someone may have accidentally ordered to many copies and wants to cancel an order. Someone is bound to cancel an order out of the 5000 orders that were submitted. I will see what i can do to compensate for the hassles but an Aenima vinyl isnt possible as there aren't any left in our warehouse. Maybe a Lateralus vinyl is possible we will have to see what my boss says

TOOL ORDERS
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

^ You should've asked for a 10K Days vinyl.
Don't mow your lawn
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I was just kidding about the Aenima vinyl- but hey, if they want to throw in some sort of freebie, I'd be down for that
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, im curious about this comparison test too. putting it up on youtube is kinda stupid. sorry to say. reason being the quality will suffer from doing it on their too much. what kind of comparison is that ?  someone needs to rip the the new cd with 'exact audio copy' and FLAC the files. that would be the best way to get the truest sound off the disc. even a mp3 ripped at 320 kb/s using the highest quality mode your converter has should do the trick but this added 'warmth' would suffer for sure if u mp3'd it..so someone FLAC these !! please

i was thinking people were crazy too and are just believing it sounds diff. paying that much and looking at new artwork can definatly screw with your senses.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Blair has posted 2 Opiate re-issues side by side as they must be getting a few emails about the signatures.

Either some are not yet posted out or they have a few spares around. Or these are Blair's copies.

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Is The Gaping Lotus Experience on the Opiate re-issue CD's?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said

Everything I've heard suggests the CD is identical to the original (minor sound issues aside) so I expect it's there.  Can't think of a single reason they'd leave it off, unless trhey want to add it later as some kind of DLC.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said

Everything I've heard suggests the CD is identical to the original (minor sound issues aside) so I expect it's there.  Can't think of a single reason they'd leave it off, unless trhey want to add it later as some kind of DLC.

I have 2 older CD copies, one does not contain The Gaping Lotus Experience.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Hotdog said

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said

I have 2 older CD copies, one does not contain The Gaping Lotus Experience.

The original copy that I have does not have that track.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
xAdamx
Maynard Believer

Post by xAdamx »

Email on 4/1 said order had shipped. Order status on TA says new. Bought early in the presale and still haven't received my copy. Can't say I'm surprised at this point.
demorgan
Bronco's Fan

Post by demorgan »

I once again travel down the anal vapors of the 7th dimension riding along with the turtle quark to bring wisdom to you.....42
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i forget the story on the gaping lotus experiance but for a long time its been known that some pressings did not have it while a lot did. i cant remember the story on it but all i know is mine has it so i got what was originally intended. i think it was an error when it was left off or something? someone remember the story behind that?

and of course im talking about the original release. not this million dollar one haha
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Are you talking about the cd or vinyl release?  If you are talking about vinyl, they had it set up so depending on what groove you started on, you may or may not hear Gaping Lotus.  It was always on there, but a hidden track of sorts.  Pretty cool trick for vinyl.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

another thing about this sound issue with the cd. if you have a audio program just open the wave files of the new and old cd in a program. just look at the wave files even. that will give u an idea if they are even slightly different. maybe they raised the volume a tad but chances are its identical to the original release. just saying u can look at the wave file and even tell by that instead of relying on just your ears
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no, im talking about the CD. i know the Vinyl has a double groove were it starts..its in sweat isnt it? or cold and ugly. i cant remember what song the double groove is in but that isnt what im talking about.