Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
Spoonman
Fanboi
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 am

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am
hellboy wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:47 pm
What baffles me is these criminals that do this. What is someone going to do with 13 of these? Do these stupid ass thieves think they can sell these on Ebay or Reverb without getting caught?
Given how much they are, I suspect there will be plenty of Tool fans willing to buy them no questions asked.
yep, and honestly how much they were in the first place, i can kinda see why something like this happens. Not that i would ever do such a thing, No! but still. Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) plays the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Well said.

User avatar
nxrm
Droner
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:24 am

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
junior
Geacon
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 am

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am
Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) play the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Fair point.

Also, I think Geddy probably wanted his bass to be something people would use as a "daily player", and my guess is that this AJ model is meant more as a collectible. Whenever Gibson does a VOS ("Vintage Original Spec") model it's never what could be called affordable. Some of the Artist models are in a reasonable price range, though. Especially the Epiphone variants.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11655
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Yep, it's pretty clear these were never meant to be affordable, which if fine with me. I'll be keep to look at getting a cheaper model, if/when that ever happens

User avatar
tys0n
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Bring on the Tool pinball table.
Canned audience laughter

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:22 pm

junior wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 am
bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 am
Kinda reminds me of when Geddy Lee had bass's made. One of the first things he said was he didnt want them all super fancy. He wanted them to be affordable for people. We know how Tool (or in this case,Adam) play the game with stuff at times. Im not surprised, thats all im saying.
Fair point.

Also, I think Geddy probably wanted his bass to be something people would use as a "daily player", and my guess is that this AJ model is meant more as a collectible. Whenever Gibson does a VOS ("Vintage Original Spec") model it's never what could be called affordable. Some of the Artist models are in a reasonable price range, though. Especially the Epiphone variants.
I realize i always mention Rush it seems but its not on purpose..it just happens! almost seems like an ongoing thing or something. baah, I hear ya though, i guess its just diff ways of doing things. It is ,what it is as they say or something.

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm

tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.

User avatar
Bobby Bottleservice
Has been
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bobby Bottleservice » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:21 pm

Okay, so my friends at FOURTHEYE. if the Adam Jones NON signed guitar is or was selling at 6999, This price is not unreasonable. If you do any research, a regular black beauty or a white Gibson Les Paul Custom is listed at 4699.00. You can see that at Sweetwater or Rainbow guitars. All I am saying is if Adam's was really selling for 6999., it's not a lot more than a regular Gibson Les Paul Custom. These are expensive guitars no matter what. Now that Gibson Custom is able to use Ebony fretboards again, I am really wanting to buy another Les Paul custom.

User avatar
tys0n
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:55 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm
tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Of course I've played The Twilight Zone and it should be in any arcade worth it's salt. My favourite was Judge Dredd or Dr Who pinball.
Canned audience laughter

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 pm

tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:55 pm
bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm
tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Of course I've played The Twilight Zone and it should be in any arcade worth it's salt. My favourite was Judge Dredd or Dr Who pinball.
cool! i havent seen pinball machines in a long time really. im sure some are in the odd spots but its not like the old days were you'd see them around more. Not around here anyway. I played pinball on the atari flashback v 9 though. picked that up last Jan or so. it has an SD cardslot so i can add as many roms as i want. i gotta play that agian, havent in months but its sitting right here! hehe

User avatar
tys0n
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:28 am

Most bowling alleys will have a few and some chain smoking fat chicks, hubba hubba.
Canned audience laughter

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:17 am

tys0n wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:28 am
Most bowling alleys will have a few and some chain smoking fat chicks, hubba hubba.
bahah. you can smoke in bowling allys in Australia ? you guys are bad ass.

User avatar
basejumper
Droner
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 am
Location: State of Confusion

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm
tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Here you go bob. About the same price as one of those guitars.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e+twilight
Professor of Lesbian Science

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:55 am

basejumper wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:24 am
bob wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 pm
tys0n wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Bring on the Tool pinball table.
that would be kinda cool! Ever play ''The Twilight Zone'' pinball machine from around 93 ? that was freakin awesome! I'd love to come across that if any exist still but im sure they do,,, somewhere.
Here you go bob. About the same price as one of those guitars.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e+twilight
niiice! good find though, i guess i have to find a handheld mini version or something. baah!

User avatar
Spoonman
Fanboi
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:53 am

Should we expect to finally receive the Tool christmas album this year?

User avatar
tys0n
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:37 am

And what, bring on another pandemic?
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Spoonman
Fanboi
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:45 am

You don't think "Santa Baby" or "Jingle Bells" by Tool had healing powers?

User avatar
ms2r
Hasheeshian
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:54 pm

What possibly could go wrong?

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:19 am

Unsure if this was posted already, i didnt look. But its pretty cool to see it up close, and the dude shreds some Tool riffs for most of the video too

User avatar
nxrm
Droner
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:31 am

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:19 am
Unsure if this was posted already, i didnt look. But its pretty cool to see it up close, and the dude shreds some Tool riffs for most of the video too
Love it! Best one yet. Glad to see it ended up with this guy.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
nxrm
Droner
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:11 am

Excellent talk with Justin, and it would be great if Alex was able to interview the other three guys as well...or even Blair! :D

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
nxrm
Droner
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:55 am

A couple of tour shirts along with a few from the last three shows in March that were cancelled: https://tooltourshop.com/

Interesting to see the artwork used on the shirts. I assume the poster art would have been the same.

Image

Image

Image
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11655
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Something happening maybe?

Image

bob
Stinkyfist
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:15 am

thats weird. its dated Oct 13th 2020. no internet trolls etc,etc found this till now ? sounds compelling either way. nice find!

User avatar
tys0n
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3569
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:19 am

Can't talk about it publicity but does exactly that, way to be a professional.
Canned audience laughter

Post Reply