Has Tool made too many albums?

The Main Event
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Has Tool made too many albums?

Post by ms2r »

I appreciate this last string of postings.

And today I finally got a new Headphone for my birthday, hearing things I once heard and now they are back. :)
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 am I appreciate this last string of postings.

And today I finally got a new Headphone for my birthday, hearing things I once heard and now they are back. :)
Happy BIrthday! 29 forever! haha. Enjoy your new headphones! i hope they're good!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Did you see Pigmy love circus live? If so, that's fucking awesome!

The time I noticed his snare turn from a regular sounding snare to a snare that had almost no chain was between Undertow and Aenima. It sounds like you are a true drummer and can hear the small specifics of his snare drum changes. I do really love his snare sound with no chain. That's Danny for us, righ?
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Unfortunatly no, as I live in Germany. No opportunities to see Volto, Pigmy or whoever live.

In interviews Danny often said that the likes to play with the snare wires off, because it sounds more percussive, not cutting through everything.
Sometimes he just puts them on or off in certain parts of a song to use this effectfully.
Definitly a big part of his signature-sound :)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Spoonman wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 am Unfortunatly no, as I live in Germany. No opportunities to see Volto, Pigmy or whoever live.

In interviews Danny often said that the likes to play with the snare wires off, because it sounds more percussive, not cutting through everything.
Sometimes he just puts them on or off in certain parts of a song to use this effectfully.
Definitly a big part of his signature-sound :

Spoonman, are you from Germany? Is Tool a big deal there?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

[bc][/bc]
Spoonman wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:20 am Unfortunatly no, as I live in Germany. No opportunities to see Volto, Pigmy or whoever live.

Definitly a big part of his signature-sound :

Spoonman, are you from Germany? Is Tool a big deal there?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

What did you get for new headphones?

I am shopping for a new player. I'm looking at the FIIo m11pro. It's expensive, so not sure if I sure pull the trigger. If anyone has any experience on this unit please share your thoughts.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Beterdynamic dt770.

As with all things you can go ridiculously expensive. But in the end uit is just up to you what you are willing to spend with the budget you allocate to that part of your life.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 pm ...Is Tool a big deal there?
Yes and no. "Nobody" knows Tool except fans and well-educated music-lovers.
They are no "brand" like Metallica, Rammstein or whatever band name, that everyone has heard of.

With the last show in Berlin it felt that their fanbase has grown a lot. Tickets were sold out
in seconds (to a lot of ebay-resellers, of course) and all in all it felt bigger.
In 2006 and 2007 the atmosphere was far more relaxed.
ms2r wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:28 am Beterdynamic dt770.

As with all things you can go ridiculously expensive. But in the end uit is just up to you what you are willing to spend with the budget you allocate to that part of your life.
I've got the 770 M for drumming. They're doing their job, but I would never ever hear music on them just for fun.
I think I paid 100 Euro for them.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Id just like to congratulate this little thread on making it to 4 pages now and counting...
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:20 am

I've got the 770 M for drumming. They're doing their job, but I would never ever hear music on them just for fun.
I think I paid 100 Euro for them.
But the M is for drumming. You can't compare them for listening music. So far I like them, better then my previous Sennheisers.

In the Netherlands the 2001 show was sold out in ten minutes. Good old time when you had to visit a store or postal office for tickets.
In 2006 I went twice to Germany (Dusseldorf and Oberhausen), these also sold out but not so quickly.

In 2019 in Rotterdam the show sold within minutes again.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

I was in Düsseldorf and Oberhausen, too (and later, Frankfurt).
I think it was Düsseldorf where they started with "Rosetta Stoned", wasn't it?
The bass sound was so f....ng awesome! :D
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 am I was in Düsseldorf and Oberhausen, too (and later, Frankfurt).
I think it was Düsseldorf where they started with "Rosetta Stoned", wasn't it?
The bass sound was so f....ng awesome! :D
Heh, cool.

Yeah, Lost Keys - Rosetta Stoned was the opening. Plus they played Right in Two. A week earlier they played the Pot at that spot (Pinkpop). And in Oberhausen we got the main dish with Wings for Marie and 10.000 Days.

In Dusseldorf I was with friends more to the front/middle, in Oberhausen with the wife; we sat completely at the back. We just found out she was pregnant so she wanted to avoid to much of a loud sound. ha. But it sounded equally good, front or back.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Pinkpop (Landgraaf) was/is 10min from my hometown, but as I am no fan of festivals, Ive never been there.
I remember that you could still hear the music of Pinkpop miles away from certain points in Germany, for example my old school.

Anyway, that was a great time of my life back then, I still have the best memories of it.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

... I live five minutes away from Pinkpop.... Lol.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

My latest headphones were the Philips Fidelio. I am also trying the Master and dymamic headphones. I have tried the Bowers n Wilkins, but not excided about them. Maybe I should try the Beyerdynamic headphones.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Happy birthday! Seems were on the same page for our birthday gifts to ourselves... my new set will be here in a couple days!
Professor of Lesbian Science
_peterpwn02
Bronco's Fan

Post by _peterpwn02 »

talking about headphones, i love listening fear inocolum on sennheiser hd25 wich considered a standard dj headphone not an audiophile stuff, but it has some mild mid and low boost that fits this album so perfectly, treats the bass and lead guitar pretty good
now i bought a rupert neve RNHP and a beyerdynamic 1990 dt pro, wich is a totally different experience, much much more revealing, probably for consumer listening i will prefer the hd25 (the neve headphone amp is very good for either of them)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool would have had a perfect run if they didn't release anything between Ænima and Fear Inoculum

Also I've got hd6xx with a schiit stack and it's an amazing set up.
Canned audience laughter