Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 am whatever, so u think TFA and the rise of ray was better ? pleeease.
TFA was definitely better. Rise of Skywalker and TLJ I probably rate about the same. I have zero problems with how they handled Luke
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Fffs

Obi Wan is going total crap.

What a bad writing and directing. That laser gate ..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAABHAAHHAHABBBAAAAAHAHAA

And that tunnel also made no sense.

And the light sabres glowed nicely....
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:39 pm
bob wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 am whatever, so u think TFA and the rise of ray was better ? pleeease.
TFA was definitely better. Rise of Skywalker and TLJ I probably rate about the same. I have zero problems with how they handled Luke
ya, i know u like TFA. Its ok but some of it is a total new hope rip off. rey in the chair and what she did with the stormtrooper was bad from the second i saw it. i didnt care she didnt have any training for some stuff like some think on that. fighting kylo at the end. i was ok with that.

Obi Wan isnt that good. Vader was a total menace in that last episode which was ok. its true what they say though, Obi's suppose to watch over luke but in todays culture of course its gotta be the girl. haha. they wrote it in fair enough i guess but its part of the whole formula constantly these days.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think Obi-wan's been pretty good so far, but clearly we have quite different expectations. Realism is not something I consider when watching Star Wars.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:41 pm I think Obi-wan's been pretty good so far, but clearly we have quite different expectations. Realism is not something I consider when watching Star Wars.
:lol:
Ki77aan :twisted:
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

ms2r wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:10 am Fffs

Obi Wan is going total crap.

What a bad writing and directing. That laser gate ..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAABHAAHHAHABBBAAAAAHAHAA

And that tunnel also made no sense.

And the light sabres glowed nicely....
i agree man. this shit is written so poorly. I feel like that scene with Rex in the gutter is a giant "Fuck you" to Dave Filoni. Writing is terrible and shits on a lot of A New Hope.

Also, LaserGate: Just go around the gate, Obi-Wan. you were going on foot anyway :lol:
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'll admit both the laser gate and magic tunnel were dumb, but so is the idea of a moon sized super weapon. As a glass half full kinda guy, I thought the good outweighed the bad in that episode, and hence I enjoyed it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

a lot of diff views here. i dont think the writing is totally bad in every way. Tyson said it to the point. chasing around a little girl. isnt he suppose to be watching over Luke ? oh wait. its all about the girls anymore. Lukes life was uneventful other then being with his family which is important but in a sense i get maybe thats why its not him doing whatever with luke. it still seems ghey, ha.

the laser gate i didnt get but maybe thats cause it is so ridiculous. i dont care about little things like that though really. i thought that was Rex but didnt notice enough. ya, its just putting in characters they think the should. eye candy. its lame like hes a bum or something. should of done it diff for sure.

was vader breaking peoples necks ? eeew. ha
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 am a lot of diff views here. i dont think the writing is totally bad in every way. Tyson said it to the point. chasing around a little girl. isnt he suppose to be watching over Luke ? oh wait. its all about the girls anymore. Lukes life was uneventful other then being with his family which is important but in a sense i get maybe thats why its not him doing whatever with luke. it still seems ghey, ha.
Luke doesn't appear to be in any imminent danger, yet Leia is. Not sure why that's hard to understand?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:58 pm
bob wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 am a lot of diff views here. i dont think the writing is totally bad in every way. Tyson said it to the point. chasing around a little girl. isnt he suppose to be watching over Luke ? oh wait. its all about the girls anymore. Lukes life was uneventful other then being with his family which is important but in a sense i get maybe thats why its not him doing whatever with luke. it still seems ghey, ha.
Luke doesn't appear to be in any imminent danger, yet Leia is. Not sure why that's hard to understand?
thats true, i guess i got lost in the current culture. i even said his life is uneventful. not sure what my problem is. ha
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Episode 4 was better. Though you could nitpick various stuff it wasn't as cringe as episode 3.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I don't care what anyone says. James earl Jones sounded menacing as fuck and Vader was a total bad arse.

Its a fictional story that is trying to make money from fan boys and I for one am lapping it up despite its flaws.
Listen to All Them Witches
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I think it is awful. However, I have come to expect as much from Disney Star Wars.

The scene in Ep 4 where Reva is blocking turbo-laser blasts from the weirdly small hovering snow speeder at point blank range was so bad.
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm I don't care what anyone says. James earl Jones sounded menacing as fuck and Vader was a total bad arse.

Its a fictional story that is trying to make money from fan boys and I for one am lapping it up despite its flaws.
Yeah, it's weird. TBH I think Star Wars fans will mostly never be happy, and will just complain about everything. I think the series is fine.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The original prototype for the Death Star was just putting Reva in the firing chamber and giving her a near-unlimited supply of boxes to throw at the planet.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:19 am The original prototype for the Death Star was just putting Reva in the firing chamber and giving her a near-unlimited supply of boxes to throw at the planet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess people still get their hopes up expecting a masterpiece or something that will match the levels of the original which will never happen. It's like expecting Tool to release something on par with Aenima or Metallica with Puppets. Just need to set your expectations low, expect some shit bits that will contradict the originals and for that, you'll get some gems like Vader snapping necks to justify watching it.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:05 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:42 pm I don't care what anyone says. James earl Jones sounded menacing as fuck and Vader was a total bad arse.

Yeah, it's weird. TBH I think Star Wars fans will mostly never be happy, and will just complain about everything. I think the series is fine.
it sounds familiar....there's this band with a fanbase like this too. it's called WRENCH or something???
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:23 pm
tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:19 am The original prototype for the Death Star was just putting Reva in the firing chamber and giving her a near-unlimited supply of boxes to throw at the planet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess people still get their hopes up expecting a masterpiece or something that will match the levels of the original which will never happen. It's like expecting Tool to release something on par with Aenima or Metallica with Puppets. Just need to set your expectations low, expect some shit bits that will contradict the originals and for that, you'll get some gems like Vader snapping necks to justify watching it.
its not really that , not for me anyway. The Mandalorian is the one that keeps you more interested in the characters, which is kinda weird cause he doesnt even say much but maybe thats why and the whole emotion with the mask thing works. just like vader.

Kenobi is ok. im warming up to it a bit more. its renewed for a second season. they announced that at star wars celebration a couple weekends ago when it preimiered on the friday. its moving fast. only 2 eps left for S01, i think it is ?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'm up to the 5th episode of Andor. Really enjoying it , is different to most the other outputs of star wars in a good way.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's very easily the best live action SW since Empire Strikes Back
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ditto on And/Or. I don’t know why some reviews panned it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:55 pm Ditto on And/Or. I don’t know why some reviews panned it.
Some people will pan anything. Personally I haven't seen much in the way of bad reviews, and it's likely anyone panning it just has terrible taste in things.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's very adult compared to the rest of the franchise, probably the direction it should have taken since the start of the disney reboot.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Just finished ep 7 and loving it. Thought their was only 1 to go but just read there's 4 more to come so happy fucking days!

Hopefully it gets enough solid ratings to encourage them to explore more with this kinda style