Re: Ask Junior...

Post by hellboy »

The real secret is that the skull is based on a scan of Juniors actual noggin
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Spoonman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:49 am Junior,

is it true that you personally come to every owner of the new skull and install the LED lightshow?

Otherwise it would be hard to explain the prices...
To learn how to do that, I would first need to have access to one. I do not.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

junior wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:52 am
Spoonman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:49 am Junior,

is it true that you personally come to every owner of the new skull and install the LED lightshow?

Otherwise it would be hard to explain the prices...
To learn how to do that, I would first need to have access to one. I do not.
Come on, just ask the band politely. :D
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Hey Junior, just checking in on you. Are you doing the festivals with the boys this summer? That one with Maiden looks like a real banger for an 80’s kid. Also, what are your thoughts on that giant dome music center in Vegas? I was thinking it might be cool to do a full 360 degree show.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:57 pm Hey Junior, just checking in on you. Are you doing the festivals with the boys this summer? That one with Maiden looks like a real banger for an 80’s kid. Also, what are your thoughts on that giant dome music center in Vegas? I was thinking it might be cool to do a full 360 degree show.
Been busy. Was on the "Weekends with Adele" Vegas residency Dec-March, and then right to the Brit Floyd tour since then.
Geting set to go do those festivals, then back to Adele for a big part of the rest of the year.

I guess we'll see what the dome thing is all about once 3/4 of U2 launch their residency in it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Hey Junior,, im curious what.your thoughts are with "the sphere" in vegas.. any word on them wanting to play that place ? Its probably too early to ask but would that be a way diff setup to run eveything ? Atmos sound etc etc..that eyeball photo is pretty f'd up! ha but i iwonder how that thing really will work. Gimmicky or what.it seems cool.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:48 am Hey Junior,, im curious what.your thoughts are with "the sphere" in vegas.. any word on them wanting to play that place ? Its probably too early to ask but would that be a way diff setup to run eveything ? Atmos sound etc etc..that eyeball photo is pretty f'd up! ha but i iwonder how that thing really will work. Gimmicky or what.it seems cool.
All I know about that place is that it was supposed to be open "a while ago", and U1.5 are booked to play there for some amount of time. I don't know what the plan is after that, but I've heard the sphere intends to be used as a tour stop for other bands, though that sounds like a major amount of work to make that happen. It seems better geared towards a band who wants to be there for a residency.
Either a touring band would have to rethink almost everything about their show to do it, and spend a lot of pre-vis time to make a new show to fit the space, or if there is a "house rig" in the place, just go in and treat it like a festival appearance.
It seems to me that if a band are to play there, they'd need to spend the time to make content that fits that screen, and a show that fits the space, or it would be pointless. U1.5 have been working on this for months (years?) in the smaller pre-vis space in Burbank.
I think I'd heard that there is a similar sphere planned for the UK, so I guess that would make the effort more worthwhile if one were making content for more than one building.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Right on! Thanks for the quick response..i figured it was something like that. Its vegas. Its more about residency and getting people to go there for a week etc etc. At best possibily people will get a festival type show out of it then. if its even worth it as you say which makes sense.. i never liked 5.1.. surround sound to me is being blasted away by stacks at a concert!! Ha or even good speakers loud, ffs! ☺. They say atmos is more about space not left and right but idk. All this new stuff! U1.5 lol i heard about that. Larry mullen.

I saw u2 on the Zootv tour in toronto. Primus opened for them. Weird mix eh ? I thnk i was one of the only people that knew primus that night haha felt that way. U2 was good..havent liked them since really but still. Primus was good too.les was wearing a florescent green tank top with a sherlock holmes hat on. Haha

Stay cool junior!! Hot here today..im sure cali isnt cold, ha.
Last edited by bob on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Still waiting for a touring band to do interactive butt plugs.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:08 pm Still waiting for a touring band to do interactive butt plugs.
The sphere may offer that. Im nott even sure what that is or how iit would work but you gott the ideas, Tyson. ha.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Every time the drummer hits the cow bell it sets the sensor off, gives new meaning to 'Needs more cowbell'
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:15 pm Every time the drummer hits the cow bell it sets the sensor off, gives new meaning to 'Needs more cowbell'
Tommy lee uses a cowbell.does it still count if its a backing track ? Oooh. The crue are a big mess these days.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Hi Junior. Hope your year is going well. Any thought given to wearable tech in the crowd? Like the colored LED that you control via Bluetooth or RFID? Would be pretty cool to see the spiral out through the crowns.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

@junior: Does Blair make sense to you? I assume that's who runs the tool FB page:

"Why do I think this familiar structure might be a substitute image for an actual alien mothership that landed while Tool's Lighting Director, Junior, and I ventured out into the desert south of Las Vegas to hopefully get an early glimpse of the Perseids (alien invasion disguised as a meteor shower)? Well, because when we stepped inside, the features of a female clerk started to morph slightly back into a typical Zeta Reticulan as she informed us that the (empty) 'White Castle' burger counter closed at 4:00 PM! That's why... Check out the possible invasion in disguise for yourself tonight. Photos by Mark (Junior) Jacobson. That's his beer."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Makes sense to me?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Oh no..the newsletters. .i just noticed someone else asked about the sphere before i asked...i didnt notice that. thats what u get for using cell phones..dooh.
Gettin' junior mixed up with the newsletters..thats a bad influence!! Dont do it Junior!!!
I did wonder.. it reminded me of the ufo looking lights in 2007 and 2009. Adam said theres some changes..im not doing this!!! Thats it...i confess i recognized junior in 2009 at the kingston ontario show while we were in line waiting to get in. He looked tired and was with some girl so i didnt want to bother him. You were sitting on a bench wth a giant line in front of you..i didnt understand why you wouldnt of sat in a nicer spot away from all us wankers :p i'd say hi now but times were diff back then!!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm Oh no..the newsletters. .i just noticed someone else asked about the sphere before i asked...i didnt notice that. thats what u get for using cell phones..dooh.
Gettin' junior mixed up with the newsletters..thats a bad influence!! Dont do it Junior!!!
I did wonder.. it reminded me of the ufo looking lights in 2007 and 2009. Adam said theres some changes..im not doing this!!! Thats it...i confess i recognized junior in 2009 at the kingston ontario show while we were in line waiting to get in. He looked tired and was with some girl so i didnt want to bother him. You were sitting on a bench wth a giant line in front of you..i didnt understand why you wouldnt of sat in a nicer spot away from all us wankers :p i'd say hi now but times were diff back then!!
That all sounds odd.

DeadGuyAle wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:04 pm @junior: Does Blair make sense to you?"
It's a mixture of yes and no.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:09 pm Hi Junior. Hope your year is going well. Any thought given to wearable tech in the crowd? Like the colored LED that you control via Bluetooth or RFID? Would be pretty cool to see the spiral out through the crowns.
The year is going fine.
We're always looking at new things for the show, and that tech has been around for a while in one form or another.
I think there are multiple shows using that right now, so would have to find an angle that differentiates from those a bit, otherwise it's just the same gag.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

The shows I have seen pictures or videos of look great. The boys are pulling out some songs they haven’t played in a while, has it been fun putting together the new show? All the reviews I have seen have raved about the show. Congrats to you and the boys and the whole crew.

See you in Austin and hopefully Houston.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:48 pm The shows I have seen pictures or videos of look great. The boys are pulling out some songs they haven’t played in a while, has it been fun putting together the new show? All the reviews I have seen have raved about the show. Congrats to you and the boys and the whole crew.

See you in Austin and hopefully Houston.
Thanks
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

Hey Junior! Let’s go Corpus Christi!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Going to Fresno… again. Pretty much the one and only reason I’d go there. Why the frunk didn’t they hit San Francisco (or anywhere nearby) this leg? Festival in Sac last year doesn’t count.

Junior, I’ll be observing you diligently from the risers. Wear a carnation in your hat band if you want to party after the show.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Hey Junior - what do the Tool crew like to watch during live shows?

junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:24 pm Hey Junior - what do the Tool crew like to watch during live shows?

Hockey

I have photos, but no idea how to post them here.