TOOL Fall 2023 tour

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: TOOL Fall 2023 tour

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:27 pm Pretty sure Australia identifies as they/them, you got tickets to Cog?

I'll be at Canberra and Syndey shows, yeah boi
I'm just glad our little country affectionately known as they/them will be able to attend Newington college finally! :lol:

And absolutely, got tix to Brissie show. Contemplated headed to Sydney as well but pretty broke after said lap.

Hot tip, if you haven't listened to Wheel before, they're supporting caligulas horse in march. Definitely worth checking out
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I saw Caligulas Horse supporting Devin, they were lame as fuck.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Couldn't tell ya a song by caligulas but Wheel are pretty bloody solid. Finish band, very tool, karnivool style vibes. If caligulas bore me I'll just leave after wheels support slot.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The tours in late April ya mong!

I apologise for derailing this thread, Tool needs to get down here so I can finally see Rostetta Stoned and Flood live.

I feel some traveling on the cards depending where they'll play, finally going to Brisbane in May for Magic Round.
Canned audience laughter
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Sorry Australia and NZ is not happening until next album cycle.

We have to crack on writing for next album after Europe Tour.... MJK will be with APC.
Deftones!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Don't know if I want a new album after the last 4 attempts
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Haha yeah my bad. I'm still on holidays for another week. I don't know what day it is let alone what month.

Surprised ya didn't go to Sydney 07 side show when they played Rosetta Stoned?? Been lucky enough to have seen Flood twice. Up there in my top 3 live songs I reckon. Absolute banger!

Magic round is awesome, I hope it never leaves Brisbane, everything is close by, you'll have a killer time. Haven't decided if going this year. Last time I went we pumped the broncs by 50 and I won a grand. Pretty hard to top.

Sup earth ya bastard?! How are ya mate.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

okay. my recap of the 3 shows i just attended. the Phoenix concerts. both 9th and 10th.
I was expecting Intolerance, but they played sweat That was a great surprises.

Saturday, Maynard added quite a bit of lyrics and and a lot to Dececding which was really goddam amazing.

I then went to the Vegas show when Maynard was sick.

Danny had a drum cam during his solo and this video footagae was unreal
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

I have to ask if the the screens were way bigger in Vegas. They seemed way bigger in vegas,
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Hi Tyson?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hi Mate, no idea if the screens were bigger, sorry.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:22 pm I have to ask if the the screens were way bigger in Vegas. They seemed way bigger in vegas,
I had a look at a few Youtube clips, and they definitely look bigger - especially the side ones.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:12 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:22 pm I have to ask if the the screens were way bigger in Vegas. They seemed way bigger in vegas,
I had a look at a few Youtube clips, and they definitely look bigger - especially the side ones.
Yeah, the side screens definitely looked quite a bit larger in Vegas. My friend that went with me didn't think they were larger, so I looked up videos and I couldn't find a decent video. I'm glad you were able to confirm this, Hellboy.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

There was more space on the sides of the stage, so they were larger than they were in some of the other arenas.
Depending on how the seats stow away or not on the stage end of the arenas determines how much width is available.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:57 pm
There was more space on the sides of the stage, so they were larger than they were in some of the other arenas.
Depending on how the seats stow away or not on the stage end of the arenas determines how much width is available.
Makes sense. The T-mobile arena is a very new arena compared to most in the US.

Does this mean all the different variations of screens are transported to all the shows?

I did see some footage of the 2023 tour (I don't remember which show it was) where two screens mechanically slid out of behind the side screens to make the sides even larger. That was very interesting. I know this wasn't the case in Vegas because you could see that is is one solid screen.

BTW, did you start gambling after the show? Probably too late after you were done with everything.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They gamble every night, with their lives.
Canned audience laughter
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:01 pm They gamble every night, with their lives.
Yeah they do.

Especially in Vegas. It's so easy to overdo the partying in that crazy city. Fortunately I stayed as sober as possible (babysitting my poster) for this show in Vegas. I want to remember these shows as clearly as possible.

They better get into the studio very soon!!! Time is running out for all of us!!! As in we are getting fucking old!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm
junior wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:57 pm
Makes sense. The T-mobile arena is a very new arena compared to most in the US.

Does this mean all the different variations of screens are transported to all the shows?
It's really just a matter of adding and subtracting tiles. The video wall is made up of a lot of 1x2m frames (or something close to that size). I think they go on carts as 2x2m modules.
Something like this:
https://www.roevisual.com/en/products/t4-frame

I did see some footage of the 2023 tour (I don't remember which show it was) where two screens mechanically slid out of behind the side screens to make the sides even larger. That was very interesting. I know this wasn't the case in Vegas because you could see that is is one solid screen.
I don't recall that happening. I know we weren't equipped to do that. May have been an illusion.
BTW, did you start gambling after the show? Probably too late after you were done with everything.
I'ts never too late in Vegas to gamble, just not advised.